Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared

start writing about your day or journaling, and get back into your creative hobbies

i used to think people who had journals or wrote about their day were pussies, maybe they are, BUT I started doing it for about a week now and i find it super helpful because i have bad memory, i forget what my goals are, why i set out to do them

everybody has memory distortion, you will always remember things the wrong way, so start writing them down and remember how you felt

and i recommend doing something creative because i haven't drawn since i was like 11 years old and i started just drawing random things lately and i actually really like it even though nobody sees it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    ive been keeping a daily journal forever but dont really write shit in it

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    For the month of January I kept a dream spreadsheet. Think it was cause my friends and I were talking about dreams and I claimed that I dreamed EXTREMELY rarely (maybe 2-3 times a month). Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY off. I dream maybe 50% of nights and the VAST majority of my dreams are stress dreams. Common themes include not being prepared for school exams (even though I graduated nearly a year ago) and trying to survive when a public mass shooting happens (just USA things ). It's wild how the majority of my dreams disappear from my mind within a few hours of being awake that I have literally no recollection of them to the point where I wrongly claim that I rarely ever dream.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:

boy (02-20-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    For the month of January I kept a dream spreadsheet. Think it was cause my friends and I were talking about dreams and I claimed that I dreamed EXTREMELY rarely (maybe 2-3 times a month). Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY off. I dream maybe 50% of nights and the VAST majority of my dreams are stress dreams. Common themes include not being prepared for school exams (even though I graduated nearly a year ago) and trying to survive when a public mass shooting happens (just USA things ). It's wild how the majority of my dreams disappear from my mind within a few hours of being awake that I have literally no recollection of them to the point where I wrongly claim that I rarely ever dream.
    if u wanna dream set an alarm for like 2 hrs before you wake up normally and wake up then fall back to sleep

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    no nigga that shit gay .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    i did the same thing at one point too and its easy to forget things after just a few short hours so thats why i started writing stuff down

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

if u wanna dream set an alarm for like 2 hrs before you wake up normally and wake up then fall back to sleep
    nice hax it worked

i lived w/ a girl that i like and in that dream of mine i was so happy

would want to redream and replay that scene in my mind

Thanks
    Interesting imma give it a try, can't even remember my dreams

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I have a journal I been keeping for about 6+ months now. Very helpful to get things done and progress. I honestly believe that it has accelerated my growth. I always call myself out when I do bad and compliment myself when I am doing good. I also list long term goals and what I am doing to to achieve those goals that day,month, year,etc (it could be better but I am progressing).
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eternity For This Useful Post:

boy (02-21-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    I have a journal I been keeping for about 6+ months now. Very helpful to get things done and progress. I honestly believe that it has accelerated my growth. I always call myself out when I do bad and compliment myself when I am doing good. I also list long term goals and what I am doing to to achieve those goals that day,month, year,etc (it could be better but I am progressing).
    i think thats the best way to do it, ive been using notion for long term goals / affirmations / things i should remember and then i hand write daily things, i also rate the day 0-10 and after i started doing that i realized that the days arent that bad and i actually had a pretty good week

Thanks
    it sort of works for me but i find myself staring at a blank page while i turn to the next page and its blank cause there aint shit to do

Thanks
    I did this for like 3 days then fell out of the habit, it is actually very good to do helps you focus. I would love to get back into writing but I don't know how to organize my thoughts and longterm/shorterm stuff. Also I never go back to reading what I have written but even then I don't think its about that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by boy View Post
    i used to think people who had journals or wrote about their day were pussies, maybe they are, BUT I started doing it for about a week now and i find it super helpful because i have bad memory, i forget what my goals are, why i set out to do them

everybody has memory distortion, you will always remember things the wrong way, so start writing them down and remember how you felt

and i recommend doing something creative because i haven't drawn since i was like 11 years old and i started just drawing random things lately and i actually really like it even though nobody sees it
    I actually wanna start doing this, but I'm not doing much other then searching for a PhD and watch twitch. But when I start it Im gonna buy one of those notebooks and plan it all out, I bet its gonna help out a lot. What do you usually write into your journal? Like what u did that day or what?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekida View Post
    I actually wanna start doing this, but I'm not doing much other then searching for a PhD and watch twitch. But when I start it Im gonna buy one of those notebooks and plan it all out, I bet its gonna help out a lot. What do you usually write into your journal? Like what u did that day or what?
    JOURNAL HOWEVER YOU WANT but ill tell you how I do it to give you some ideas

for my daily entries i write whatever "event" happened that day, and then give it a rating, sometimes i sketch in it (creative expression is important, even if you dont think you are creative)

6/10 chill day, nothing bad happened
    my dad brought over food and it was pretty good
    played apex and texted rose all day

and then for ACTUAL important or things i want to really remember, i put it on a digital note-taking app (Notion) so I can easily look back at it, ctrl+f, copy and paste things, format them properly, etc