Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by azerty54 View Post
    A lot of people here have talked about social media and technologies in general (where you feel monitored, and you can have a look at your "friends" lifes, and see them posting the best elements from their lifes: something you think you can't reach). Notice also that even though we live in an "hyper-connected" society, individuals have never been so lonely, and people don't even look at you anymore. They are all stuck to their smartphones.

The news (nowadays, you are more concerned about what happens worldwide: and on a global scale, a lot of disasters happen; than you are about what happens in your surroundings).

There's something else that makes people feel depressed I think.
    The human beings have always been hunter/gatherers and crafters, working on their own to provide their family.
    They were working in farms, close to nature, and used to tinker with things in their houses: creating their own chairs, plates, tools, etc...

Nowadays, we don't have to do this anymore. Most people live in big cities, in tiny flats, surrounded by hundreds thousands people. What they do now in their freetime: watching tv, netflix, posting on social media, playing video games, pr0n. Nothing that stimulates creativity and makes us feel useful. People live in a polluted environment, in many ways (sound pollution which affects sleep, light pollution that also affects sleep and hides the stars, air pollution). In places built in concrete, where finding green spaces where we can hear nothing but the birds sing has become nearly impossible.

Most people have a shitty job, and work for an employer they don't necessarily like, just to get some money to buy their comfortable lifes. People are not fullfilled. They have debts, need to conform this society, to work for someone else and to forget about their own dreams. Our jobs make no sense anymore.

Most countries, especially in the western world are run by liberals, who want all humans to be part of the same community: the global community. It implies removing
    cultural bonds, and patriotism. Therefore, people don't live for their nation, for the common good. They live for themselves: they have become individualists, and lonely.

In the past, people used to have faith in god. It's still the case in a lot of countries, but not really in the western world which is, I think, way most affected by depression than other places/people on earth, where faith is omnipresent. When something goes wrong in someone's life, they don't even believe that god is, in some way, looking upon them.

Another thing to take into account is the psychiatry aspect of western societies: suffering from depression or other mental disorders is still badly seen, and the only solution psychiatrists can bring is pills. Medecines that make you addicted, make your brain believe that you are happy when you're not, and makes you a vegetable. The real way to solve a depression is not to medicate someone, but to give him/her answers, and to help them change their lives.

The last thing I see as an issue are single-men and women's rates. I think it has been caused mainly by feminism, and by the fact that women do not need men anymore. We come to a point where they can even have kids without the need for a father. People are more lonely and decidate their lives to the shitty jobs I talked about above, and not to their family. Men feel lonely and start acting needy, and women have the illusion that they can seduce any man they want, which makes men less interresting. to them

For all these reasons, I think western societies in particular, are subject to more stress and depression.
    THIS AND I dropped in to mention we are depressed because we have nothing to do because money can buy us anything we want. instead of doing things we want to do we just work to earn money to buy whatever we want. This cycle makes makes us depressed but we are not doing what we want but just working so we can survive and then all of a sudden we realize we are alone and trapped in this "rat race". People need something to create and society rarely encourages this are parents are brain washed to think all we need is to go to school and fall into this cycle they are also trapped in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WalterWhiten For This Useful Post:

azerty54 (02-28-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    We all suffer from depression one way or another. Know that you aren't the only one coping with depression & stress. You can consider dealing with stress, depression as an opportunity for yourself to grow, or foster a healthy mindset.
    Stress is actually normal...you just have to make it positive as opposed to negative. Change the narrative, or perspective of how you observe.
    I cannot emphasize that you are not alone. If you need people to talk to, there are always people willing to support you with your needs.
    Find healthy hobbies, or ways that will make you happier. Only you can make yourself happy.
    Especially during a pandemic, it's now more important than ever to find hobbies that will uplift your mental health.
    Some people go to the gym, play music, bake, etc.
    Personally I enjoy cooking & baking.

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I nearly quit social media (made a smaller new account with only 8 people on it), and now i'm staying 2 hours instead of 9 on my phone

My MPGH Activity
    ----------------------------------------------------
    December 17 2018 -> June 09 2020 - News Force Team
    May 02 2018 - Premium Seller
    December 18 2017 - Premium member

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyMachine For This Useful Post:

WalterWhiten (03-17-2021)

Thanks
    I can relate a lot this feeling and while a lot of these answers are solid, I'll add that mental health is always going to be a thing that needs constant maintenance. One thing for starters is to get a routine of some sort going.

Thanks
    I think this is associated with a high pace of life. We live in time when everything needs to do quickly. Having quickly earn, quickly eat, quickly love. Not life, but fast food

Thanks
    Depending on the severity of it you could look into supplementing with stuff like HTP-5 (helps serotonin creation)
    But I think a very important thing is to be somewhat active and get outside as much as possible

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I've struggled with depression for most of my life. Taken pretty much every drug that they can prescribe for it none of which actually get to the root of the issue. I eventually broke down and quit my Verizon Wireless call center job of 14 years. Money wasn't making me happy and doing the same thing every day made me go insane. What I did to turn it all around was to buy a camper and now travel around the country doing work exchanges. I work for a place to park and also food at some places. Some places pay as well. What I figured out is that helping people is what gets me out of the funk. The other people that do these work exchanges are also openminded, talented, and drifters all searching for ways to live a happier life. It's not always easy and I don't know where I'll end up, but it all seems to be coming together. So try helping people whether it's on this site or friends. Also I listen to morning meditations. When i wake up I'll listen to them and spend the first 15 or 20 minutes in the morning giving thanks for everything I have... my computer, bed, stove, dog, etc. Same at night and try not to spend too much time on the screen before going to bed. And getting outdoors in nature helps.

Thanks
    I support your opinions. Depression and bad mood are an opportunity to rethink our actions and life and give us a chance to change something, to change the environment that affects us, to find a new job that will bring at least some pleasure, to find new activities or hobbies so we can do something new and unusual. However, sometimes it is very difficult to do that, because you are surrounded by people who do not want you to change and develop.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Jesus, the Holy Spirit, And God. Can help
    Blessings <3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Social media and the pressure to succeed.
    Fear the old blood.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Workout is the best way .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Music is the best way

Thanks
    Find new hobbies. Few years i went to severe depression, started to learn the piano on YouTube and in a couple months it was gone.

Thanks

yes

Honestly, consistent exercise and friends. generic normie response yes ik.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast