The introduction of the Neighbourhood in 2K18 simply served to accelerate this transition and marketing things like'The Road to 99' suddenly took away lots of the pleasure in NBA 2K Coins. Every match meant something but that something was not for everyone. Impressive career storylines and offline struggles in myTeam meant 2K still had something for the casuals however and was part of the reason NBA 2K20 scored so well this season. It is a shame then 2K21 has left all that behind. 2K21 is almost completely built for the online competitive gamer, those who have 10 hours a day to grind badges and construct their rep. should you purchase 2K solely to play offline that the information isn't great, unless you are happy to purchase loot boxes naturally.

It's a massive effort and allows you to realize your character build their stats, going through the wringer of what it is like to become an NBA star. In this variant, now you can choose instead of going to play basketball to instead learn your trade in the G League (the minor league) before going to the Draft for the NBA. The entire journey is something I introduced into completely and it's easy to get fully immersed in the entirety of NBA 2K21. Another new edition to the Xbox collection X|S variant is one that is intriguing, but I am not sure it completely works. The problem is, when you begin the game at a place named Rookieville, there are a few courts which you can pop on toplay some games and try to find access to the city and get rated up. However, it really feels like you're at school again, waiting to be chosen for a group; I waited on the sidelines to get someone to drop out so I could play, and this can be a tiresome experience, with many minutes passing before you get the opportunity to head on in and show your skills.

But when you do get a game there is something good about playing with three on three matches, especially in the event that you find you're all as bad as each other. Another problem though is that you have to play quite a few Buy NBA 2K21 MT Coins games to escape this Rookieville area -- it took me to double figure games to advance into the true City itself, before being offered a affiliation with one of the four big groups.