Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Question best way to watch 4k movies with TV?

Well i ordered a samsung 4k 120hz qled tv and i was wondering whats the best way to watch movies while using the tv to its max power.
    can i use a 2.1 hdmi to stream 4k hdr directly from my pc ? will my 5.1 play correctly?
    or should i use a tv box and stuff like that?

i dont wanna use netflix or stuff like that.

Thanks in advance to anyone who will help

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DistinguishedYT View Post
    Well i ordered a samsung 4k 120hz qled tv and i was wondering whats the best way to watch movies while using the tv to its max power.
    can i use a 2.1 hdmi to stream 4k hdr directly from my pc ? will my 5.1 play correctly?
    or should i use a tv box and stuff like that?

i dont wanna use netflix or stuff like that.

Thanks in advance to anyone who will help
    I highly reccomend that you buy a 4k upscaler/home theater. I have a full marantz/logan martin/bowers n wilkins setup, cost me around 12 thousand USD ish through bestbuy having the tv is only one small small step to getting a full 5.1 surround, or even 4k experience. The content you stream through your tv will not be 4k, its hard to find 4k content to begin with unless its netflix/apple tv+/amazon big streaming paid for services. In order to achieve 5.1/Hifi u firstly need to have 1. atleast 6 speakers two in front, two in middle, two in back, a home theater that will upscale to 4k, proper wiring and premium coaxs, as well as premium hdmis like cobalts, and a sub woofer. 2. you need to have the entire system calibrated. get a HEOS system for hi fidelity music playback, i even have a astell & kern upscaler for one on one listening, hire someone to setup your calibration the setup team at bestbuy does it for you, and the guy was so good he tuned it by ear. for a fraction of the price of a real real 1:1 sound system thatll usually run u upwards of 200k you get 5.1 hifi at incredible fidelity, especially if ur wifis good and for that i can go on a whole nother tangent, my full house is a smart house mix of savant/nest/google/chamberlain. As far as content goes, nothing truly beats either straight from the legitimate source, a plex server manually updated, or any of the Kodi addons however ur ISP might get rly mad. Kodi is great for free 4k content, and movies n shit, just buy either a preloaded firestick with it or do it yourself, or even buy a raspberry pi and flash it, even rokus work... Or you could jailbreak a apple tv, search up checkra1n and do those steps to get kodi preloaded onto your apple tv + game emulators etc. For streaming to your pc, use steam link for games buy the steam thingamagig i got it for free selling all my cheap skins. Or, use a mirroring software to mirror it to smartthings/or ur apple tv (cause yes samsung has prebuilt apple tv etc and if u have a samsung device u can just mirror at any time, especially using windows samsung mirror. For music, TIDAL, or ROON! Hope this helps

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jov For This Useful Post:

DistinguishedYT (05-02-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Jov View Post
    I highly reccomend that you buy a 4k upscaler/home theater. I have a full marantz/logan martin/bowers n wilkins setup, cost me around 12 thousand USD ish through bestbuy having the tv is only one small small step to getting a full 5.1 surround, or even 4k experience. The content you stream through your tv will not be 4k, its hard to find 4k content to begin with unless its netflix/apple tv+/amazon big streaming paid for services. In order to achieve 5.1/Hifi u firstly need to have 1. atleast 6 speakers two in front, two in middle, two in back, a home theater that will upscale to 4k, proper wiring and premium coaxs, as well as premium hdmis like cobalts, and a sub woofer. 2. you need to have the entire system calibrated. get a HEOS system for hi fidelity music playback, i even have a astell & kern upscaler for one on one listening, hire someone to setup your calibration the setup team at bestbuy does it for you, and the guy was so good he tuned it by ear. for a fraction of the price of a real real 1:1 sound system thatll usually run u upwards of 200k you get 5.1 hifi at incredible fidelity, especially if ur wifis good and for that i can go on a whole nother tangent, my full house is a smart house mix of savant/nest/google/chamberlain.
    really thanks about the advice i appreciate it .

i do have 5.1 logitech speakers (z906) , but if i can stream 4k hdr 5.1 etc etc with my pc it would be 1. less cables 2. easy to find and download the movies
    or else i will go with the kodi ...

i live in greece and there isnt many things to do about prices and the available stuff.

i just wanna watch a movie and be able to listen 5.1 and HDR enabled. 60-120 hertz ..
    thanks for helping out !

(i will probably upgrade my sound to a better one but not in the near future. )
    Last edited by DistinguishedYT; 05-02-2021 at 08:51 AM. Reason: forgot smth

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Hook it up to your PC and play movies on that monitor?

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Ahmad (05-10-2021)

Thanks
    hook up your nintendo 64 on the 4k tv

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by CorgiRefs View Post
    hook up your nintendo 64 on the 4k tv
    how didnt i think of that. *mind blown*

Thanks
    how didnt i think of that. *mind blown*
    won't be 4k anymore LOL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    No idea if raspberry pi's allow for 4k, but I am planning to get a 4k 60" TV soon. My plan is to get my raspberry pi, hook it up to my TV, and have a dedicated wireless keyboard/mouse pad combo in my living room for streaming non-netflix shows (cuz you can stream those popular streaming apps via chromecast or something).

This way I will only spend $100 at the most and I have a dedicated PC for my TV
    Last edited by Allura; 05-09-2021 at 04:08 AM.
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    No idea if raspberry pi's allow for 4k, but I am planning to get a 4k 60" TV soon. My plan is to get my raspberry pi, hook it up to my TV, and have a dedicated wireless keyboard/mouse pad combo in my living room for streaming non-netflix shows (cuz you can stream those popular streaming apps via chromecast or something).

This way I will only spend $100 at the most and I have a dedicated PC for my TV
    i downloaded plex and uploaded movies. well it works and its fast. pc to tv 4k hdr .
    other thing that works is 2.1 hdmi if your pc has it.
    and next is a tvbox. 100$ and ur done..
    for now im using plex but im gonna use hdmi to connect my 5.1 to pc directly and not 1 cable for pc and 1 for tv.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    i downloaded plex and uploaded movies. well it works and its fast. pc to tv 4k hdr .
    other thing that works is 2.1 hdmi if your pc has it.
    and next is a tvbox. 100$ and ur done..
    for now im using plex but im gonna use hdmi to connect my 5.1 to pc directly and not 1 cable for pc and 1 for tv.
    Late reply, but Youtube Kodi for raspberry pi. Thats the actual solution
    I barely use MPGH IM, Send me a private message to reach me faster!
    Also I currently don't sell anything!

DD/MM/YYYY
    Joined MPGH: 07/02/2017
    Premium: 08/02/2017 - ∞
    Newsforce (HOTW): 07/06/2017 - ∞
    Publicist: 06/11/2017 - 12/04/2018
    Minion (Minecraft): 23/12/2017 - ∞
    Minion (Cryptocurrency Talks): 01/05/2018 - ∞