Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

New build not posting after 1-2 weeks of using.

About 1-3 weeks ago, I got my AMD Ryzen 5600x computer working (It was broken for a little while because I was an absolute idiot and installed wrong bios, but my uncle helped with the situation, and fixed the problem), and it worked fine for a little while until 27/28 of April where it totally crashed and hasn't been posted since.

All of the Fans and everything is working, I have swapped/tried out GPU/PSU still the same, I have done the battery clearing, I have done cmos clearing, I have also tried to install older version of the bios (to the point of trying out when 5000 series bios was first released) still nothing, even went as far back as 3009 bios and then update to the latest, still nothing. Ram / CPU fans, GPU's (2070 / 970 ) both work, PSU TX750M / Some cheap from 9-10 years ago both work fine, and give power to the motherboard still does not post/boot the system, prior to this problem, it went to "sleep" mode (to the point where pressing any key on the keyboard or mouse wouldn't wake it up), after I restarted the PC, it did a restart on itself after 3-5 minutes of using the PC, the day after the initial the samething happened, but it was reversed, restart first then "sleep mode", same, pressing any key on the keyboard/mouse wouldn't wake up.

I have made threads about this to LinusTechTips, Tom's Hardware and no help has really given, and I am at this point where I don't really give a shit about fixing it, pay it off until 27 months (yes it is on a payment plan), and I do have a guarantee, but due to Covid-19, the retail where I got these items with is closed, and wants me to use package things and send the motherboard / cpu / ram to them.
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Thanks
    Get a new mobo in the meanwhile ig....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Replace every component until you get it to post. If you have a spare ryzen processor, swap and test.
    And also, take out all your memory sticks and use only one. If it still doesn't post, then the problem is probably either the MB or gpu.

If you run out of spare parts to remove/replace, go to a computer shop and ask them to fix it. Generally, you are in good position if your GPU and CPU work in the repair shop, otherwise your wallet will get hurt.
    Basically: MB, CPU, 1 Stick of RAM. Do you see BIOS?
    If no, replace CPU. If still doesn't work, replace the MB, then the RAM etc. Also, keep an eye out for the MB's error reporting, which are those small red LEDs that tell you if there is a problem with the RAM, BIOS etc.
    Last edited by Mayion; 05-03-2021 at 08:35 AM.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mayion For This Useful Post:

Charion (05-03-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Basically start replacing parts in your rig to see what is dead.

Start by taking out your ram and re-seating it.

After this, can you get to the BIOS? It can be possible that your Motherboard needs a certain motherboard version to support 5th gen Ryzen? Can you get a cheap Ryzen motherboard and use that? If you bought it from a retailer then you should tell them what is happening and ship your shit back

Do you have a differ GPU to test?

Start swapping parts in and out and see what is the part that is giving you problem.
    im gay

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesHardenMVP For This Useful Post:

Charion (05-03-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayion View Post
    Replace every component until you get it to post. If you have a spare ryzen processor, swap and test.
    And also, take out all your memory sticks and use only one. If it still doesn't post, then the problem is probably either the MB or gpu.

If you run out of spare parts to remove/replace, go to a computer shop and ask them to fix it. Generally, you are in good position if your GPU and CPU work in the repair shop, otherwise your wallet will get hurt.
    Basically: MB, CPU, 1 Stick of RAM. Do you see BIOS?
    If no, replace CPU. If still doesn't work, replace the MB, then the RAM etc. Also, keep an eye out for the MB's error reporting, which are those small red LEDs that tell you if there is a problem with the RAM, BIOS etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHardenMVP View Post
    Basically start replacing parts in your rig to see what is dead.

Start by taking out your ram and re-seating it.

After this, can you get to the BIOS? It can be possible that your Motherboard needs a certain motherboard version to support 5th gen Ryzen? Can you get a cheap Ryzen motherboard and use that? If you bought it from a retailer then you should tell them what is happening and ship your shit back

Do you have a differ GPU to test?

Start swapping parts in and out and see what is the part that is giving you problem.
    I have gone from the first Bios update that started supporting 5000 series cpu's to the latest one on the TUF Gaming B450M-Plus II, it worked completely fine for about a week - 2 weeks, posting completely fine and sound, until it started to do this PC going to sleep without any warning, and restarting on its own without me prompting it, I have 4 spare parts, 2070/970 (both work on current PC), and I have TX750M and some cheap PSU that was in the bundle on the current PC (when I first got the PC 9-10 years ago, also both work completely fine)

I was thinking of getting a Ryzen 3600 with new motherboard, psu and ram just to see if its the motherboard or the Ryzen 5600x, but I probably won't able to get it till pay day.
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

Achievements:

Thanks
    I had the same issue once. It was RAM issue. Each motherboard manufacturer has a QVL list (qualified vendor list) make sure the RAM you get is on that list. I did that and my PC started to post again and no random restarting issues. Good luck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Charion View Post

I have gone from the first Bios update that started supporting 5000 series cpu's to the latest one on the TUF Gaming B450M-Plus II, it worked completely fine for about a week - 2 weeks, posting completely fine and sound, until it started to do this PC going to sleep without any warning, and restarting on its own without me prompting it, I have 4 spare parts, 2070/970 (both work on current PC), and I have TX750M and some cheap PSU that was in the bundle on the current PC (when I first got the PC 9-10 years ago, also both work completely fine)

I was thinking of getting a Ryzen 3600 with new motherboard, psu and ram just to see if its the motherboard or the Ryzen 5600x, but I probably won't able to get it till pay day.
    So what is your current motherboard BIOS version?

If its an old bios version right now of course its not gonna work. it cant support 5th gen ryzen.
    im gay

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHardenMVP View Post
    So what is your current motherboard BIOS version?

If its an old bios version right now of course its not gonna work. it cant support 5th gen ryzen.
    It's 3004 version of bios which supports 5th gen Ryzen.

Update, there is a pin that is slightly bent, but it is still going into the socket, and I can't straight it up in the socket, at this point, I believe it is the motherboard instead of the cpu being broken.
    Last edited by Charion; 05-04-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Achievements:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Like mayo sauce mentioned, you need to test every component separately.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I had before an I7 6700K Since my PC gamer was the best in 2016 with a GTX 1080 the reason why I had to change my CPU is simply cuz it got Fucked both the CPU & Motherboard, and I had a Gigabyte Mobo (Expensive af) and why it got fucked?
    I was a dick when overclocking my CPU a lot while playing the first hours in Cyberpunk 2077, Meaning those motherfuckers didn't just fucked me with 59.99€ with their shitty game! But it did rekt my CPU & MOBO But I had it replaced with a Ryzen 5 3600 and an Asrock and I won't touch the overclocking thing...
    And it is good. Just make sure you have at least x2 slots of RAM since the x1 stick of 16 GB DDR4 didn't do shit to me meaning I have the same performance as the I7 6700K I had before.

Overall: Buy a Good at least x2 RAMs for the Ryzen Since it is dependant on that.

Email [Fast Replies]: breezeyou1@gmail.com
    ▶Selling VCCs |VISA/Mastercard Verify Your paypal Method Get Your VCC Contact me on IM/Email us

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Okay...

Sorry for not updating the thread as often as I should have, but the testing on my end is done, and it appears to be that motherboard, gpu, ram is fine (i bought new ones just ensure), it was the cpu all along, and how I know? Well I put 3600 into same motherboard, and it posted.

Achievements: