Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterWhiten View Post
    I argue this same principle applies for stocks too, There is no value behind shares as a retail investor, feel like rich are just pawning them off to the poor. Bond holders have more power and safety rather than shareholders when worst comes to worst for a company.
    Stock market is for gambling nowadays. Common stock is trash but companies pay in stock. Buyout of companies happen to common stock as well. So not really the same.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

WalterWhiten (05-10-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

Stock market is for gambling nowadays. Common stock is trash but companies pay in stock. Buyout of companies happen to common stock as well. So not really the same.
    I get what you mean but I just feel like stocks are going to shit because of all this pump and dump reddit behaviour.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

I agree with your first statement but also stocks sometimes pay dividends as well as growing capital gains which gives them their value. Some cryptocurrencies have like an interest APR kinda thing, but those pay interest in more crypto not dollars like stocks do. Also companies do stock buybacks in order to pay out money to stock holders as well as further decreasing the supply of stock to make their stocks worth more generally speaking. Also with stocks, if you have enough equity, you can make decisions in the company. Can't really say the same for crypto.
    Last edited by Bernard; 05-10-2021 at 03:26 PM.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post

I agree with your first statement but also stocks sometimes pay dividends as well as growing capital gains which gives them their value. Some cryptocurrencies have like an interest APR kinda thing, but those pay interest in more crypto not dollars like stocks do. Also companies do stock buybacks in order to pay out money to stock holders as well as further decreasing the supply of stock to make their stocks worth more generally speaking. Also with stocks, if you have enough equity, you can make decisions in the company. Can't really say the same for crypto.
    Agreed, there are other reasons to hold stock. The majority of people are not long term holders though.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    DOGE TO THE MOOOONNN!

- - - Updated - - -

DOGECOIN TO THE MOOOONNN!
    Blessings <3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowBox View Post
    DOGE TO THE MOOOONNN!

- - - Updated - - -

DOGECOIN TO THE MOOOONNN!
    doge is pretty much dying

My MPGH Activity
    ----------------------------------------------------
    December 17 2018 -> June 09 2020 - News Force Team
    May 02 2018 - Premium Seller
    December 18 2017 - Premium member

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMachine View Post

doge is pretty much dying
    Eh another hype cycle and it'll be back.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I didn't invest but I understand why it might seem (its not a good investment, has no value at all) like a good investment. I look for consistency rather than a "one off" thing. Many of these people that make a few hundred or thousands dollars will lose it fast in the future. I feel good for them for now and I feel bad for them when they lose it. Not my problem. I am just slowly increasing my wealth, not interesting, not fun, not risky (compared to dogggoie coin)
    @Dave84311 @Mayion

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, there are other reasons to hold stock. The majority of people are not long term holders though.
    I am now not part of the majority. Most of my stonks have now been held for 1+ year (I just avoid looking daily and weekly, just check monthly). If important news occur than it will get to me (financial change, management change, structural change, etc).
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12