Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    What's the recommended site to purchase crypto? I'm tired of Coinbase here in the US.
    hi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayion View Post
    There is also the chance they want to make their own crypto, this way they can fee their miners through electricity, crypto wallet transactions and even possibly licensing for mining farms.
    China is already pilot testing their "digital Yuan". Acts similar to how people use Apple Pay on their phone, except now instead of the company knowing your financial transactions, the government does. Also with the digital Yuan, if the government wishes to fine you for anything, they can take it straight from your account. Same goes for taxes. Think they're looking to phase out cash for the digital yuan as soon as possible in order to have more control over peoples' money. They say it's also to battle money laundering and other illegal business. The problem with enforcing the digital yuan as the only usable currency is if people have another currency to deal in away from the eyes of the government...enter cryptocurrencies. Also not to mention that back in 2016-2018, China was already banning crypto exchanges and what not within its borders.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Not saying I am right, but it does not fit together, at least for me. In the article it states,
    “This is not a virus somebody would have conceived of and cobbled together. It has too many distinct features, some of which are counterintuitive,” Garry says. “You wouldn’t do this if you were trying to make a more deadly virus.”

Not deadly, but a virus that can spread this quickly is probable. Think of what happened until now. Back in September or December, we saw videos of people dropping dead in China, with bloody noses and police dragging people out of their houses because "they could kill everyone" -- Those were videos posted by Chinese people who do not have access to our internet. Probable conclusion: Posted by Chinese government to create panic.
    Now, if the virus was this deadly. How come the first person who contracted it survived? A mutation only found in the first generation? Improbable, it doesn't add up. Even if it is not genetically engineered, I wouldn't put it past China to release it on purpose.

Its my opinion and could very well be wrong, but rarely when things are what they look like from the outside so who knows
    YUP everyone knows better than actual professionals with PhD's in their fields conducting real research and studies YUP makes sense YUP
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post

China is already pilot testing their "digital Yuan". Acts similar to how people use Apple Pay on their phone, except now instead of the company knowing your financial transactions, the government does. Also with the digital Yuan, if the government wishes to fine you for anything, they can take it straight from your account. Same goes for taxes. Think they're looking to phase out cash for the digital yuan as soon as possible in order to have more control over peoples' money. They say it's also to battle money laundering and other illegal business. The problem with enforcing the digital yuan as the only usable currency is if people have another currency to deal in away from the eyes of the government...enter cryptocurrencies. Also not to mention that back in 2016-2018, China was already banning crypto exchanges and what not within its borders.
    Ahh, didn't know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
    YUP everyone knows better than actual professionals with PhD's in their fields conducting real research and studies YUP makes sense YUP
    Where did I say that I know better than them noob. I said the article says "You wouldn't do this if you were trying to make a more deadly virus" and I am saying, what if their focus is not a deadly virus, but one that can spread. A deadly virus will not spread as easily because its host will die off, but one that can spread quickly can halt the entire world.

And I am not comparing my research to whatever scientific fields there are. I am not denying their research, I said that the panic created was artificial, and that panic was created by China from the very beginning. They knew about the virus, so there are two possibilities from my point of view:
    - They had no hand in it and created panic to instill fear in order to combat the virus.
    - They researched how to let an easily spreadable virus loose on the world, and used fear for their advantage. Evidence? The videos I previously mentioned. High quality videos recorded by "civilians" next to police officers in a country where you are not allowed to talk back, let alone videotape law enforcement's abuse and upload it online, or videos of people being filmed by accident just as they fall down from covid. It was all over the media, hell even my parents knew about that, and they are not big on tech or news.

How did I come to the conclusion that they knew about the virus? Because of the fake videos. As well as the fact that China denied every fact about the virus being transmittable to humans, yet people were "dropping dead" -- None of it adds up. WHO was and still is their puppet. I have no reason to believe they are a decent nation. They are scum for letting the virus free on the world, whether by choice or to save face and not admit that they are the source of a problem. Thus, bitter and obsolete leaders that have no morals and could very well release a virus on the world intentionally since they are still barbaric and bloodthirsty from the olden days of their once great empire.
    Last edited by Mayion; 05-20-2021 at 04:39 PM.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    You know what. Poop is good. The more it gets pooped on, the more likely I am interested in getting back into crypto lol.
    Was too high earlier...heck it's still too high imo.

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I said that the panic created was artificial, and that panic was created by China from the very beginning. They knew about the virus, so there are two possibilities from my point of view:
    - They had no hand in it and created panic to instill fear in order to combat the virus.
    - They researched how to let an easily spreadable virus loose on the world, and used fear for their advantage. Evidence? The videos I previously mentioned. High quality videos recorded by "civilians" next to police officers in a country where you are not allowed to talk back, let alone videotape law enforcement's abuse and upload it online, or videos of people being filmed by accident just as they fall down from covid. It was all over the media, hell even my parents knew about that, and they are not big on tech or news.
    I'm not sure where you're getting this idea of artificial panic created by China. At least here in the states (assuming you're from Canada), general sentiment in late February/Early March was that no one gave a single fuck about covid (and if you recall, cases basically started to appear early January in China, two whole months beforehand). If anything, China did everything in their power to make sure people didn't panic. Some doctors in China tried to raise alarms about a new virus that was causing a bunch of pneumonia cases and the government was like no you're being overly dramatic, shut the fuck up, banned from Chinese social media type shit. The government can't let its image of strength and security be foiled by a virus. Only when they realized that this shit wasn't going away and it was spreading a bunch did they shut down a bunch of shit. They tried their hardest to make sure the world didn't light a fire under their ass for causing a pandemic and that's exactly what happened.

There was no panic anywhere until peoples' own countries were hit by the virus. First Italy but we in the States were chilling 0 shits given. Then we started having cases on the West Coast and then we started having cases everywhere. South America was chilling too until it hit them. Same goes for some countries in Africa. The most recent case of no panic until it hits your own country is India. India for basically most of 2020 was chilling. They had a bunch of testing sites and what not and were actually in the process of ramping down until cases/deaths skyrocketed. Only then did people start panicking. China doesn't need to make anyone panic. A country's own hubris does the trick.
    Last edited by Bernard; 05-20-2021 at 06:37 PM.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Flengo (05-20-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Dam, there's a lot of politics discussing covid19.

Denying responsibility and shifting blame to what may seem as the origin of the virus only negates the actual problem.
    That was ironically the real problem. The easy route is for politicians to put the blame on someone, in this case China because it in a way tries to unite everyone to a common enemy. It also shifts the supposed responsibility to somewhere else. That's why most western countries failed to contain the virus. They downplayed it and was too busy making the problem a "political issue" instead of a "health issue". Don't get me wrong, WHO was also pathetic, and lost credibility during this pandemic because they had no idea what they were doing. An organization responsible for monitoring emerging problems, failed to detect this outcome. I don't live in the US, but looking at the transition from governments, you can see the differences in cases when politicians shifted the focus from blaming to action. At least what we can learn from this pandemic is to always prepare for the worst and also how too cook better lol.

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    its not logical if BTC only rises without any correction

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post

I'm not sure where you're getting this idea of artificial panic created by China. At least here in the states (assuming you're from Canada), general sentiment in late February/Early March was that no one gave a single fuck about covid (and if you recall, cases basically started to appear early January in China, two whole months beforehand). If anything, China did everything in their power to make sure people didn't panic. Some doctors in China tried to raise alarms about a new virus that was causing a bunch of pneumonia cases and the government was like no you're being overly dramatic, shut the fuck up, banned from Chinese social media type shit. The government can't let its image of strength and security be foiled by a virus. Only when they realized that this shit wasn't going away and it was spreading a bunch did they shut down a bunch of shit. They tried their hardest to make sure the world didn't light a fire under their ass for causing a pandemic and that's exactly what happened.

There was no panic anywhere until peoples' own countries were hit by the virus. First Italy but we in the States were chilling 0 shits given. Then we started having cases on the West Coast and then we started having cases everywhere. South America was chilling too until it hit them. Same goes for some countries in Africa. The most recent case of no panic until it hits your own country is India. India for basically most of 2020 was chilling. They had a bunch of testing sites and what not and were actually in the process of ramping down until cases/deaths skyrocketed. Only then did people start panicking. China doesn't need to make anyone panic. A country's own hubris does the trick.
    I am getting the idea from the videos I personally saw when the virus was still a rumor in China. Videos I saw on social medias posted in the same format I mentioned previously of people dropping in the streets and having bloody noses, in China, back before Covid-19 spreads to the rest of the world.

Why do I think it is artificial panic? Because the great firewall of China would stop the Chinese from posting these videos, let alone filming policemen right next to them, while they are dragging civilians out of their homes who are screaming like they are being skinned alive.
    You may not have paid attention to the virus, but a couple of months prior to the lockdown I had, and was alarmed about it. The videos I am referring to are before the lockdown as well. I saw them myself, you can take my word on that or not.

I am not here to blame or say that I have a grand idea. My point is to raise awareness that the Chinese government has already declared war, just not in the traditional sense that you are used to. We are not living in a peaceful world after all, so I don't see why I should feel safe with rotten nations like the US and China in control, because I personally live comfortably? Well, many others do not because the exploitation of governments. Just a few decades ago we killed one another on the battlefield, and still to this day do; we just got better at hiding the fact.
    Last edited by Mayion; 05-21-2021 at 05:44 AM.
    I do not use any type of messenger outside of MPGH.
    Inactive but you can reach me through VM/PM.

Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013

Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mayion For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Dave84311 (05-21-2021),Noxey (05-21-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12