Thread: War

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

War

War is hell.

War is petty:You have people killing each other for petty reasons, then those who die who posed no threat to either side die for no reason at all.

War is glorified:Its stupid and we glorify it, we promote it through great benefits for soldiers, "honor", and most of all respect. Its amazing how much people benefit from being a soldier in the US, instant-respect, government money, and a better future. We practically sell it to them on a silver platter, one that most are happy to accept, especially if you can't make it financially or mentally through college.

It solves no problems and only creates more. Meanwhile people just like me and you, with a future, a past, hopes and dreams die. And we glorify it.

My friend is going into the military(marines) of his own free will, with no pressure, and i just don't know what to say. Do i tell him you'll eventually end someones life of equal value, for a reason that you and him are both too blind to see isn't a reason at all, and at the end of it you'll be praised and respected as if you just won the race and he'll be dead, him and his future no longer there? Or do i just say "good luck" and know all too well that he won't think nothing more of what he did than i will when i took out the trash.

Sure armies are needed. There is always one asshole who convinces gullible idiots that war is a way to obtain "glory and prosperity" and starts a war. Corrupt systems are abundant, its impossible to not have one asshole who wants more.

I hope that one day this pathetic cycle will end. That people will realize that there is no point in war.

Sadly, I know deep down inside that day will never come. It has been this way all throughout history, and it will continue until either mankind doesn't exist, or they find something else to wage war against.

Goodnight.
    Last edited by Empire; 09-04-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    tell the Muslim/Taliban "war is stupid".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Commando View Post
    They're not fighting a war. -.-

Thanks
    war is war
    its how we are :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Commando View Post
    lol Muslim/Taliban? are you mentally challenged, Muslim and Taliban are 2 different things, being a Muslim is being part of a religon called Islam, being a Taliban is being part of the terrirost group. BTW what country are you from, cuz you are one dumbass if your talking about war and your from the country i think your from.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicknature View Post
    lol Muslim/Taliban? are you mentally challenged, Muslim and Taliban are 2 different things, being a Muslim is being part of a religon called Islam, being a Taliban is being part of the terrirost group. BTW what country are you from, cuz you are one dumbass if your talking about war and your from the country i think your from.
    related. Taliban are muslim extremist.

And if your too pussy to say something about my country don't even mention it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

related. Taliban are muslim extremist.

And if your too pussy to say something about my country don't even mention it.
    True Taliban are Muslim extremist, but they way he is saying it as if every muslim is part of the taliban, and why would i say anything bout ur country if i dont even know what country ur from, also hes telling the taliban that war is stupid when its the U.S that has started every major war in the world. Y'all americans are too blind, you guys cry bout 9/11 because you "believe" that some muslim extremists destroyed em and killed like a 1000 people (9/11 was in inside job if you dont know already), when your fucking country has been killing millions of innocent ppl in Iraq. Your government hates you,
    Last edited by Sicknature; 09-08-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Thanks
    humans are naturally violent over territory and such.

it's in our nature. without war stupid people would get away with shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    wars are going on ever since Humans set foot on Earth.In Asia one empire against another,in africa,tribes versus tribes,in Europe for domination and in Greece just because the Athenians and the Spartans were bored one day and said 'hey let's start a long war'!
    it's inevitable.War is glorified for 4500years,it is not going to stop
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Tell The English and Afghan that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    War is a game, like soccer, except the stakes, and adrenaline rush are far higher, some people may think I'm a horrible conceited bitch for posting it, that would be because I am, I wouldn't mind joining the army as an excuse to shoot up some enemies of America, and if I lost the game, I would be honored. But look on the bright side, if soldiers were like me, there wouldn't be an issue of them being insane when they came back home.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post
    War is a game, like soccer, except the stakes, and adrenaline rush are far higher, some people may think I'm a horrible conceited bitch for posting it, that would be because I am, I wouldn't mind joining the army as an excuse to shoot up some enemies of America, and if I lost the game, I would be honored. But look on the bright side, if soldiers were like me, there wouldn't be an issue of them being insane when they came back home.
    Yeah, if they were like you, we'd probably be in war all the time.

Let me just put this in there. WAR IS NOT "CALL OF DUTY"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Yeah, if they were like you, we'd probably be in war all the time.

Let me just put this in there. WAR IS NOT "CALL OF DUTY"
    I understand that, I'm not naive, in a real war you only get one life, and you don't heal from injuries quite so fast or well, but you do get to kill real people, with real emotions, and real reactions, and in some cases real last words, and so forth

Thanks

I understand that, I'm not naive, in a real war you only get one life, and you don't heal from injuries quite so fast or well, but you do get to kill real people, with real emotions, and real reactions, and in some cases real last words, and so forth
    I dont understand how thats fun?
    [/URL]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    You have no idea of what you're saying. If you ever go into the middle of a war you'll see what's realy a war, and you'll leave it!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast