Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    pickleberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0

    Walmart Rebill and Cancelled CC Question

    I just got the following email from Walmart today regarding a rebill: "Return shipment do not match the item shipped to you as part of the original purchase. We had to cancel your return and cannot complete your refund". What happens if the card that they're rebilling is cancelled? Will they send the payment to collection?

  2. #2
    NAV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    45
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    26
    Hey, I'm also in the same situation... I know they will still charge the bank account connected to your credit card. If anyone else knows more, please @ me as well.

  3. #3
    Paranorman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    187
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    42
    Seems like they're getting everyone not just the instant refunds (some as far back as Dec). I'm still waiting for the email, luckily I can cover it np but some people who used their whole credit limit are SOL. Saw a screenshot of someone's account -$13k smh.

  4. #4
    NAV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    45
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranorman1 View Post
    Seems like they're getting everyone not just the instant refunds (some as far back as Dec). I'm still waiting for the email, luckily I can cover it np but some people who used their whole credit limit are SOL. Saw a screenshot of someone's account -$13k smh.
    Yeah honestly, I'm just going to take the loss and learn from it. I don't wanna close the account connected with it or I maybe would. I didn't use thousands of dollars worth, but still a bit. RIP the high credit balance people

  5. #5
    xflameray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    40
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Apparently they can still charge your card even after it's cancelled.

  6. #6
    LastmeisteR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    12
    Reputation
    47
    Thanks
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by xflameray View Post
    Apparently they can still charge your card even after it's cancelled.
    They cannot. Never experienced this and I refund Walmart for years.

  7. #7
    snoopyab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    182
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9
    My Mood
    Cool
    How about if we close the entire walmart account before rebills, can they still rebill ?
    I am offering Chegg, Coursehero, Oneclass, Studocu unlocks and account. Check out my shop HERE

    Contact me via IM

  8. #8
    xflameray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    40
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by LastmeisteR View Post
    They cannot. Never experienced this and I refund Walmart for years.
    Depends on your bank I think. Some have a feature called "VAU" that updates the new card info after you've cancelled the old one.

  9. #9
    Paranorman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    187
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyab View Post
    How about if we close the entire walmart account before rebills, can they still rebill ?
    Closing the Walmart account won't do anything because they already have your order on file.

  10. #10
    Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    125
    Reputation
    20
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Dead
    You're going to need to try and find someone that has experience with your card/bank. It seems to vary from card to card. I've heard it both ways some people still get billed and some people are fine after cancelling their card.

  11. #11
    TheRefundBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Gender
    male
    Location
    SECRET
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pickleberry View Post
    I just got the following email from Walmart today regarding a rebill: "Return shipment do not match the item shipped to you as part of the original purchase. We had to cancel your return and cannot complete your refund". What happens if the card that they're rebilling is cancelled? Will they send the payment to collection?
    Don't worry too much. Walmart won't send you to collections. Also Rebills are fixable if your refunder has the up-to-date method. If not, I Recommend just ignoring the emails and continue to live life with ur free ipads or whatever you got from walmart

Similar Threads

  1. Walmart Rebill Question (Solution for rebills)
    By kingkong415 in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-19-2021, 07:52 PM
  2. walmart rebill questions
    By friendlyneighbor12 in forum Marketplace Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-29-2018, 12:54 AM
  3. READ and REPLY[IMPORTANT QUESTION]
    By LiL Mikko in forum General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 10:55 PM
  4. This is where I am, and I have questions!
    By ilovecookies in forum C++/C Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 12:36 AM
  5. Starting to play WoW and i have questions.
    By wolves4life in forum General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 01:12 AM