Thread: MONTHLY AWARDS

Thanks

MONTHLY AWARDS

since update is taking some time and ppl are lazy i wanted to incentivize contribution and activity on the forum. facing the facts of the decline in content in the (free) gamehacking scene, the decline of userbase*, and the stagnation of content. It will be crucial for this websites survival to pivot towards what our strengths are, community, content and the marketplace. I will address all three strengths before laying out the rest as it plays a key part into what the award requirements entails and some come with hitches. For example the marketplace, to move forward unfortunately we just have to move on from the shady and illegal content, that's just a common sense in terms of legality and longevity, plus do y'all really wanna be on a gov pdf every year cus the shady shit is prevalent or do yall wanna have a clean image and attract new members? MPGH needs to move somewhere or else it will succumb like all other sites of its kind. However, with its downsides we can admit the traffic and monetary interaction within the marketplace is very high, there are cumulative millions that are traded within our marketplace and that's something we can all benefit from even without selling or offering ethically, morally, or legally questionable services. Reminder, Dave and arun don't truly benefit from any of the marketplace trading, just the site upgrade offerings, ads and the likes, the site will reach a point of un sustainablity especially with the decline in donations. There will be a decline in traffic if the legal shift is taken, but given that software, ebooks and certain account services are perfectly fine, including buy4u, I do not see why we can't pivot that way. If you are a big vendor and truly want to go legit just PM me, I will give you avenues you can and should take in order to move towards a new market, niche or service. I can't speak legally for overseas vendors but USA ones I can guide you towards being legal, compliant, & profitable. If you have capital to invest, especially if you can't normally spend it, just put it into a real business, start it here and use your clientele. It will be a tough ask for a lot of people here but It is the right way to go. The second strength is the community; yes we do not always get along it is a polarized community and that's how it should be, however, MPGH has cultivated a strong community throughout the years, it brings a sense of nostalgia to some, and it has its own intricate unspoken rules, lingo, and memes. One of the major strengths of our community is in the field of moderation, especially given that it is an unpaid task. Yes it's easier than ever to be a staff now cus of the lack of traffic in the game hacking area, but it should and is never easy to be a GOOD staff member, one that goes above and beyond to provide information, moderation, contribution and in some rare cases innovations like master131. Those staff members are those that truly deserve the titles they hold, and most certainly deserve some sort of compensation. Through the times there have been attempts at highlighting members that took on those roles, i.e contributor, and pharaoh being the one that introduced some sort of monthly reward concept to the mix. However cool, tags aren't equal compensation or good enough incentives to instill a sense of competition. Our third strength ties with the previous concept of those that contribute, MPGH has been home to a lot of good content throughout the years, but given the downward trend, contributors just retired or chose the pay2cheat option like riddick. And I can debate about the ability to sell pay2cheat on the market but at the end of the day it is not up to me that's davenforces joint decision, however the opening of the software section opens up new avenues for money making potential and could be a good guide for the future if it gains more traction. With all that being said, I want to move onto my proposal;
    I currently hold around 75,400 algorand, im willing to put aside 2-5 thousand algorands (can be interchangable with USD or any other currency and I am open to expanding the pool, however its unrealistic to ask me to fork up insurmountable amounts) (currently at 1.0+ each) towards monthly incentives. The benefit of having this fund in crypto is that down the line your personal profit from contribution will be increased along with the prize pool.

(dollar amount is grain of salt its algo equivalent currently i.e if algo was 3$ it would be 120 a month.)

EVERY MONTH FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS+

$40+ - Member of the Month
    $40+ - Staff of the Month
    ------------ OR ----------
    $80+ - One member
    ------------ OR ----------
    Any other ways to divide 2000 ALGO (the base investment) on a monthly to weekly basis

Member of the month gets awarded to those that either contribute (no spamming please god), or provide truly beneficial content.
    Staff of the month gets awarded based on SA discretion

Let me know what yall think, I have this ready to go, and will be rewarding the first awards. Its an independent thing since arun and flengo where indecisive so not MPGH branded, might just call it the jobs awards
    Last edited by Jov; 06-03-2021 at 08:47 PM.

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jov For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Flengo (06-04-2021),Hentai (06-05-2021),[MPGH]Hugo Boss (06-04-2021),[MPGH]Magictouch (06-04-2021),[MPGH]Mayion (06-13-2021),[MPGH]meme (06-05-2021),Schiphol (06-04-2021),Xenon~ (06-04-2021),`Jess (06-05-2021)

Thanks
    Would be a good incentive for young ppl
    I remember trying to do anything and everything on the internet to make money.
    Also think it would be really cool to see how people contribute

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    It's a noble concept... but it doesn't really seem like it would have much affect.

Practically speaking, scouring each sub on a regular basis to determine who gets $40 a month is superfluous, and determining what is the most beneficial is subjective... unless its a popularity contest(most viewed/commented threads or most downloaded attachments) in which only those in the most active subs would qualify to benefit from it.

I'd say fuck the user aspect. If you're gonna independently provide a stipend for activity, give it to staff. As someone who put thousands if not 10k+ hours into this site, those that need to be rewarded are those who put the most work into maintaining it.

Last edited by Austin; 06-03-2021 at 10:46 PM.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

Xenon~ (06-04-2021)

Threadstarter
    вою зауÑ
    Former Staff
    Resource Group
    Trusted
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    It's a noble concept... but it doesn't really seem like it would have much affect.

Practically speaking, scouring each sub on a regular basis to determine who gets $40 a month is superfluous, and determining what is the most beneficial is subjective... unless its a popularity contest(most viewed/commented threads or most downloaded attachments) in which only those in the most active subs would qualify to benefit from it.

I'd say fuck the user aspect. If you're gonna independently provide a stipend for activity, give it to staff. As someone who put thousands if not 10k+ hours into this site, those that need to be rewarded are those who put the most work into maintaining it.

As a man whos spent 10k+ Dollars into actively remodeling the website but risk it being a pointless endeavor cus its dying anything is better than nothing. At the end of the day its 40 algo per winner price fluctuation affects it and since i bought the dip we can guarantee atleast a 1.50 per algo rate (its previous trading average before crypto correction). “Practically speaking” you don’t need to scour the website to find the content that deserves praise its usually the one with the most traffic. Superfluous is far from what i’d describe it, as its better than nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post

Sorry i had to pause what i was saying im only gonna be on to respond to this since its hella late to continue, i just think having active incentives rather than just wasting your time, cause yeah u and everyone else spent thousands of hours on this site, why not incentivize further contribution, yeah nah i aint putting another 20 grand on fruitless rewards, i rather put 1-2 grand have a consistent. Monthly payout so its a guaranteed thing, hey if shit gets better after this update (which btw continues to cost me out of pocket FOR FREE cuz i want the site i also personally spent those 10k+ hours u speak of to be the best site ever.) than great for all of us. I might put in the extra 15k if it proves to be good. I have hopes for the update i just think alot of ppl have a abandon ship mentality. Sorry for typos n shit im on mobile helping my son sleep he sick af. Ive been thinking of ways to incentivize this will continue onto the new website, and with the new layout and all it shall be implemented better. I want to incentivize contribution and moderation BEFORE the new update so hopefully we have something to work w, if you incentivize and give tools to creators chances are we can attract more traffic, i spent more time talking to dave at this point than being on the website, i know what he wants i understand the problems we have and constraints that our userbase have ie shit ends up not going anywhere, but this what i am offering is one defacto thing independent of whatever
    Last edited by Jov; 06-03-2021 at 11:18 PM.

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jov For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Austin (06-03-2021),Xenon~ (06-04-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Jov View Post
    As a man whos spent 10k+ Dollars into actively remodeling the website but risk it being a pointless endeavor cus its dying anything is better than nothing. At the end of the day its 40 algo per winner price fluctuation affects it and since i bought the dip we can guarantee atleast a 1.50 per algo rate (its previous trading average before crypto correction). “Practically speaking” you don’t need to scour the website to find the content that deserves praise its usually the one with the most traffic. Superfluous is far from what i’d describe it, as its better than nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry i had to pause what i was saying im only gonna be on to respond to this since its hella late to continue, i just think having active incentives rather than just wasting your time, cause yeah u and everyone else spent thousands of hours on this site, why not incentivize further contribution, yeah nah i aint putting another 20 grand on fruitless rewards, i rather put 1-2 grand have a consistent. Monthly payout so its a guaranteed thing, hey if shit gets better after this update (which btw continues to cost me out of pocket FOR FREE cuz i want the site i also personally spent those 10k+ hours u speak of to be the best site ever.) than great for all of us. I might put in the extra 15k if it proves to be good. I have hopes for the update i just think alot of ppl have a abandon ship mentality. Sorry for typos n shit im on mobile helping my son sleep he sick af. Ive been thinking of ways to incentivize this will continue onto the new website, and with the new layout and all it shall be implemented better. I want to incentivize contribution and moderation BEFORE the new update so hopefully we have something to work w, if you incentivize and give tools to creators chances are we can attract more traffic, i spent more time talking to dave at this point than being on the website, i know what he wants i understand the problems we have and constraints that our userbase have ie shit ends up not going anywhere, but this what i am offering is one defacto thing independent of whatever
    well to reiterate - it's a noble concept.

yeah, something is better than nothing, monetary incentive is never a bad thing, and wanting your investments to yield something positive is extremely reasonable given the multitude...

my point (which in hindsight was very unclear) was I personally don't think a (single) $40-$80 monthly reward would provide even a marginal boost to the overall activity of the site. Yes, it may help bolster continued contribution from those who are vital for the forums content but there's no guarantee (I know you're perfectly aware of this).

I know I'm being negative(toxic), I'd like very much to be wrong and hopefully I will be. I would prefer to be constructive with my criticism but I can't think of anything.
    Last edited by Austin; 06-04-2021 at 12:09 AM.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Austin For This Useful Post:

Jhem (06-04-2021),Xenon~ (06-04-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    better off finding another purpose for the site

I got ideas that I am implementing but game hacking is dead, marketplace is no thanks => as I've told you privately MPGH needs another direction
    The forum has been a forum for a while, that isn't the only thing MPGH should be

Broke people or as autin mentioned, young people would be incentivized by some money but some people make more than that an hour.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Hugo Boss (06-04-2021),Schiphol (06-04-2021),Xenon~ (06-04-2021)

Threadstarter
    вою зауÑ
    Former Staff
    Resource Group
    Trusted
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

I got ideas that I am implementing but game hacking is dead, marketplace is no thanks => as I've told you privately MPGH needs another direction
    The forum has been a forum for a while, that isn't the only thing MPGH should be

Broke people or as autin mentioned, young people would be incentivized by some money but some people make more than that an hour.
    I agree with all of that, we talked alot about new direction, I just think we need to cultivate what we have rn, there are many other ways to go about this, however I don't see like austin said a mass traffic boost, I wanted to put a precedent of rewarding contribution, cus 2k is a drop in the bucket for me but could theoretically induce some content, no its not gonna fix the site, It is a good incentive for anybody though its free money, I just wish this was in place years ago

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jov For This Useful Post:

Xenon~ (06-04-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I agree with all of that, we talked alot about new direction, I just think we need to cultivate what we have rn, there are many other ways to go about this, however I don't see like austin said a mass traffic boost, I wanted to put a precedent of rewarding contribution, cus 2k is a drop in the bucket for me but could theoretically induce some content, no its not gonna fix the site, It is a good incentive for anybody though its free money, I just wish this was in place years ago
    I'm not sure how much it'll help right now, but I think the partnership thing I mentioned a while back that we talked about would go a long way to directly incentivice quality content production, whatever the content direction may be.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

I think marketplace is one of the main reasons why the forum is somewhat active. I noticed there are several subsections where the last created thread was ages ago. Maybe we can close some of the subsections and add something else to it? Once the forum is fully upgraded I think we will see more user activity with improvements to IM and other add ons such as awards and better UI. We do have the giveaway section that is always active revolving around the marketplace. I remember the forum used to allow selling private cheats looking back at old threads. @Flengo We do have the publicist team.. maybe they can help with some ideas.. if that user group still exist.

Middleman 9/13/2016-3/8/17
    LoL Minion 11/5/2016-3/8/17
    Former Staff 3/8/17-12/27/17
    Middleman 12/27/17-06/28/19
    Marketplace Minion 7/1/18-06/28/19
    Minion+ 12/5/18-2/5/19
    Moderator 2/5/19-06/28/19

Former Staff 06/28/19-12/19/20
    Middleman 12/19/20-Current
    Marketplace Minion 2/1/2021-Current
    Minion+ 4/7/2021-12/08/2022

Moderator 2/5/19-08/13/23
    Global Moderator 08/13/23-Current

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Maybe we can close some of the subsections and add something else to it?
    Something similar to this is planned, a bit after the initial upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    @Flengo We do have the publicist team.. maybe they can help with some ideas.. if that user group still exist.
    Pretty useless right now, new direction for them is needed but it requires things to be done down the line first, past just the forum upgrade.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thread is very interesting and as a long-time member here in MPGH, I will support whatever decision the higher staff will make or any sort of contributions or ideas offered that might potentially impact the betterment of the forum.

Kinda off-topic but I used to volunteer or tried to moderate a specific section here in MPGH but I somewhat failed to meet one of the requirements to maintain that role (posting on that section to keep it active) but whatever, section seems to be dead and unnoticed anyway. I will be waiting for the forum upgrade. I wish to be a part of a group where I can be of help... I am willing to be mentored, and work myself to get paid or at least earn for myself, then donate or contribute for the forum upgrade.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Incentives are good. I agree that the website has to go in a different direction.
    It would be sentimental to depart from the old ways, but also an opportunity to create a new path for the current community to walk through.
    The community is what makes it great and if heading to a new direction provides traction for people to stay, let’s do it.
    What used to be popular no longer is and so we have to adapt to what’s new if we want to continue to grow.
    I agree we should scrap all of the border line stuff and perhaps legitimize what’s done on the site. This might also have been our biggest barrier because of the hacking and etc. Some people wouldn’t want to say they are on a hacking site.
    There are many quality people here and those with great futures ahead. Say we rebranded, might even be a good opportunity for some staff to put it on their resume.
    It’s also incredible how many current and past staff have been on this site volunteering their time to make this community great.
    We can create this incentive, but how much money will have to be invested to revive the activity again?
    If we no longer have this incentive, will it just die after that?
    I think it would be a better investment if it was put into marketing and branding.
    I am also certain that there are a lot of experts in that field on this site willing to help out with that under the right leadership.
    At the same time, if we want to maintain, and grow our community we have to really identify what the needs of the community is, or better yet what the demand of the gaming community is.
    People who want to leave will leave, or in fact they will leave eventually.
    We can try to incentives our existing user base, but as we all know quality content production is difficult to do.

I don’t pay attention to the other forum categories, or even visit other forums, but if the marketplace is still running well, we should keep it.
    It makes sense to sell legitimate services, applications, or products on the marketplace.

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugo Boss For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ahl (06-05-2021),[MPGH]Dave84311 (06-05-2021)

Threadstarter
    вою зауÑ
    Former Staff
    Resource Group
    Trusted
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post

I'm not sure how much it'll help right now, but I think the partnership thing I mentioned a while back that we talked about would go a long way to directly incentivice quality content production, whatever the content direction may be.
    only problem would be having to either endorse no names before they create or spend ludicrious amounts of money to make it seem like it sustainable to be a partner, we havent ironed out the monetization so its just a promise thing, i think if you put a foundation for what you want, even if its independent from MPGH to avoid the gay ass e-bureaucracy i think its better than nothing, as i said prize pool will scale, can be applied any other way, and im always willing to put in more down the line, HOWEVER, the defeat yall are showing has backed me off from this endeavor. Prob with u me and dave talking for the last 2 years about this is that much like in other aspects of this site shit just gets slow or stops, not alot of things to show for it, Idk how many fukin google docs i made to lay out shit just to be like if a majority of people arent gonna do this its implausible. 2 grand is alrdy more than we have ever given out, im willing to put a boat load into everything I do you already know that but this is just me tossing cash into the burner if we are all in the its useless part. I am looking forward to what the bb team has for us but that still doesnt address the lack of incentives like u can update the UI u can add new features, plugins and even an algorithm but u cant add genuine cash incentives

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Boss View Post
    Incentives are good. I agree that the website has to go in a different direction.
    It would be sentimental to depart from the old ways, but also an opportunity to create a new path for the current community to walk through.
    The community is what makes it great and if heading to a new direction provides traction for people to stay, let’s do it.
    What used to be popular no longer is and so we have to adapt to what’s new if we want to continue to grow.
    I agree we should scrap all of the border line stuff and perhaps legitimize what’s done on the site. This might also have been our biggest barrier because of the hacking and etc. Some people wouldn’t want to say they are on a hacking site.
    There are many quality people here and those with great futures ahead. Say we rebranded, might even be a good opportunity for some staff to put it on their resume.
    It’s also incredible how many current and past staff have been on this site volunteering their time to make this community great.
    We can create this incentive, but how much money will have to be invested to revive the activity again?
    If we no longer have this incentive, will it just die after that?
    I think it would be a better investment if it was put into marketing and branding.
    I am also certain that there are a lot of experts in that field on this site willing to help out with that under the right leadership.
    At the same time, if we want to maintain, and grow our community we have to really identify what the needs of the community is, or better yet what the demand of the gaming community is.
    People who want to leave will leave, or in fact they will leave eventually.
    We can try to incentives our existing user base, but as we all know quality content production is difficult to do.

I don’t pay attention to the other forum categories, or even visit other forums, but if the marketplace is still running well, we should keep it.
    It makes sense to sell legitimate services, applications, or products on the marketplace.
    im willing to keep it going indefinitely. Trust me we have cash put into SEO and all that shit but at the end of the day thats a non equivalent to genuine content interaction and competition

- - - Updated - - -

also the big problem which is not a problem to some but to alot of us is the shift of the website into something else entirely. If we cultivate the talent we have chances are they can make vital contributions to the future of the website, the new website is gonna be a completely different beast
    sorry im multitasking so ima edit to look like im not spamming, i do agree with letting users go and new users come in, but without an actual community backbone they will leave faster than these old users who have stayed for DECADES..
    Last edited by Jov; 06-05-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    - - - Updated - - -
    im willing to keep it going indefinitely. Trust me we have cash put into SEO and all that shit but at the end of the day thats a non equivalent to genuine content interaction and competition

- - - Updated - - -

also the big problem which is not a problem to some but to alot of us is the shift of the website into something else entirely. If we cultivate the talent we have chances are they can make vital contributions to the future of the website, the new website is gonna be a completely different beast
    sorry im multitasking so ima edit to look like im not spamming, i do agree with letting users go and new users come in, but without an actual community backbone they will leave faster than these old users who have stayed for DECADES..
    I mean it is totally possible to recruit and cultivate talents that exist in this community.
    At the same time we can pool a group of investors in addition to your investments to grow with these talents and maybe even get some returns for those investors.
    If the backbone of our community still revolves in gaming, we could create games of our own. Easier said than done, but there are a lot of capable people here of making that happen...I am sure of it. Even people who have left, there are still those with connections, and can network them to bring them back.
    We can create these monetary incentives, or forum upgrades, but it really addresses the symptoms of the problem.
    If there is no real market anymore for what we are currently offering, it does not really fix things.
    Which is why we could dive into other areas where the community is willing to look at.

Game hacking no longer is in demand? Maybe create hackathons. Or maybe something that will fuel and open our barrier to access/entry on the site.
    Create an academy that will build the next generations of ethical hackers. There are so many ideas that can be pursued, there’s no real wrong way.
    That person managing the SEO? Maybe we could mentor people willing to learn about it. Or even have the capability to train the next generation of SEO experts.
    It would help them find a job, assuming they don’t have one, or even gain the experience to put on their resume.
    Same goes for hacking, social media, and etc. There are so many people here that are experts at those.
    I am sure there are still veteran members browsing the website. At the same time, opening up this conversation is good because we can identify where everyone is at, and what will really incentivize them to continue to engage. We do have to start monitoring for the next generation though, because in a way it is an end of an era.

I like and appreciate that this idea has been brought up. I also like that we are seeking to find ways to maintain the activity of the site.
    There are a lot of people who grew up on this site. A lot of those people have grown to be successful in various areas whether it be business or IT.
    I am sure those people would find this site to be memorable and would be willing provide their insights on this topic.
    Who knows...maybe even mentorships in these areas would be something that could be looked at too.
    I mean it is sad to see our childhood forum slowly die, but at the same time it is a sign that we have to move on.
    Really what I mean by move on is that we move on as a community to build a new one where we can continue to grow together.

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Threadstarter
    вою зауÑ
    Former Staff
    Resource Group
    Trusted
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Boss View Post

I mean it is totally possible to recruit and cultivate talents that exist in this community.
    At the same time we can pool a group of investors in addition to your investments to grow with these talents and maybe even get some returns for those investors.
    If the backbone of our community still revolves in gaming, we could create games of our own. Easier said than done, but there are a lot of capable people here of making that happen...I am sure of it. Even people who have left, there are still those with connections, and can network them to bring them back.
    We can create these monetary incentives, or forum upgrades, but it really addresses the symptoms of the problem.
    If there is no real market anymore for what we are currently offering, it does not really fix things.
    Which is why we could dive into other areas where the community is willing to look at.

Game hacking no longer is in demand? Maybe create hackathons. Or maybe something that will fuel and open our barrier to access/entry on the site.
    Create an academy that will build the next generations of ethical hackers. There are so many ideas that can be pursued, there’s no real wrong way.
    That person managing the SEO? Maybe we could mentor people willing to learn about it. Or even have the capability to train the next generation of SEO experts.
    It would help them find a job, assuming they don’t have one, or even gain the experience to put on their resume.
    Same goes for hacking, social media, and etc. There are so many people here that are experts at those.
    I am sure there are still veteran members browsing the website. At the same time, opening up this conversation is good because we can identify where everyone is at, and what will really incentivize them to continue to engage. We do have to start monitoring for the next generation though, because in a way it is an end of an era.

I like and appreciate that this idea has been brought up. I also like that we are seeking to find ways to maintain the activity of the site.
    There are a lot of people who grew up on this site. A lot of those people have grown to be successful in various areas whether it be business or IT.
    I am sure those people would find this site to be memorable and would be willing provide their insights on this topic.
    Who knows...maybe even mentorships in these areas would be something that could be looked at too.
    I mean it is sad to see our childhood forum slowly die, but at the same time it is a sign that we have to move on.
    Really what I mean by move on is that we move on as a community to build a new one where we can continue to grow together.
    We have gone through many scenarios, its not as simple as just doing it just like this thread shows, I do know where ur coming from but most of these asks come with a price tag either in real money or in time that a lot of ppl aren't willing to give away like that. If you want to you should talk to flengo and give him your ideas, they are always welcome however trust me almost everything here has already been discussed except hackathons I don't think mpgh is going that way