♪ υρ ιи тнє ѕку мєтяσ ѕтуℓιи ♪
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by ShAg12345 View Post
    i think sals was pretty daym on it ha
    Dam right I was xD
    gєσяgє ˘αяℓιи: ѕσмє ρєσρℓє ѕєє тнє gℓαѕѕ нαℓf fυℓℓ. σтнєяѕ ѕєє ιт нαℓf ємρту. ι ѕєє α gℓαѕѕ тнαт'ѕ тωι˘є αѕ вιg αѕ ιт иєє∂ѕ тσ вє.

Sals, your ultimate guide to trading:
    - Selling
    - Buying

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Things aren't real because we believe they are, things exist irrespective of our consciousness.

For the purposes of making a clear conclusion I'll have to take the position that time exists.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Space is Space, it has nothing to do with time, it has "evolved"(and i use this term loosely)because of many chemical reactions over a long period, it's not time that has had anything to do with the development of "space" or also known as the universe, Galaxies are because of the gravity, galaxies are made up of a very large(by very large i mean millions even billions of stars) cluster of stars help together by gravity, stars are made my nuclear fusion in a Nubula, people would say it takes time for it to develop, that's true, but the time isn't what is making it, it's the nuclear fusion, the time is what humans made up to cover the range of how long it took it to develop, so in the end time has nothing to do with space other than covering the range of how long it took all that to happen, and time travel is not an issue i would like to discuss =)
    Last edited by ben2134; 06-24-2010 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    awesome trade with him I went first everthing went PERFECTLY! +1
    Newest Piece

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    Space is Space, it has nothing to do with time, it has "evolved"(and i use this term loosely)because of many chemical reactions over a long period, it's not time that has had anything to do with the development of "space" or also known as the universe, suns are made my nuclear fusion in a Nubula, people would say it takes time for it to develop, that's true, but the time isn't what is making it, it's the nuclear fusion, the time is what humans made up to cover the range of how long it took it to develop
    How can you have changes in the position of objects in space without time? To perceive motion you need a starting position and another frame, how do you bridge the gap?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    How can you have changes in the position of objects in space without time?
    things change positions by everything working together in the system in which it's included, i'd like to say gravity has a major factor in why everything moves, but that would be going a little far
    Newest Piece

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Space is Space, it has nothing to do with time, it has "evolved"(and i use this term loosely)because of many chemical reactions over a long period, it's not time that has had anything to do with the development of "space" or also known as the universe, suns are made my nuclear fusion in a Nubula, people would say it takes time for it to develop, that's true, but the time isn't what is making it, it's the nuclear fusion, the time is what humans made up to cover the range of how long it took it to develop
    No.

Space and time are "woven" together.
    They are not two separate things.

Think about it:
    The heavier an object the more force it has right?
    Well think about a planet in space the shear weight creates a cone like effect in the "woven" space time.

This create the effect of a gravity, the slope causes any thing that passes close to the planet to be "sucked in".
    Also how do you think meteorites collide with the earth?

They pass so close they are pulled in by our gravity.

The gravity is created from the center of the earth.
    But an effect is also caused from the bending of the space time.

In conclusion space and time are one thing.

Just for more proof: https://www.boloji.net/hinduism/038.htm
    Last edited by Sals; 06-24-2010 at 07:37 AM.
    gєσяgє ˘αяℓιи: ѕσмє ρєσρℓє ѕєє тнє gℓαѕѕ нαℓf fυℓℓ. σтнєяѕ ѕєє ιт нαℓf ємρту. ι ѕєє α gℓαѕѕ тнαт'ѕ тωι˘є αѕ вιg αѕ ιт иєє∂ѕ тσ вє.

- Selling
    - Buying

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    things change positions by everything working together in the system in which it's included, i'd like to say gravity has a major factor in why everything moves, but that would be going a little far
    To perceive gravity you need a reference and an end frame. For systems to work there would be to be motion, motion is a product of changes in position, changes in position occur over set intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sals View Post
    They pass so close they are pulled in by our gravity.
    They fall into our gravitational well, all objects near earth are pulled by our gravity but they don't collide with us.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 06-24-2010 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    To perceive gravity you need a reference and an end frame. For systems to work there would be to be motion, motion is a product of changes in position, changes in position occur over set intervals.
    Yes, but motion itself is not created by time, time is the measurement that Humans made up to record how long it took for that motion to occur, it has no effect to the motion, as persay runners, you record their time from one point to another, that is motion, it's not time the makes them run, it a measurement, so therefor, as i said before, time has nothing to do with space, if time wasn't part of our Culture, everything(outside of our culture) would still work the way it always has
    Newest Piece

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Yes, but motion itself is not created by time, time is the measurement that Humans made up to record how long it took for that motion to occur, it has no effect to the motion, as persay runners, you record their time from one point to another, that is motion, it's not time the makes them run, it a measurement, so therefor, as i said before, time has nothing to do with space, if time wasn't part of our Culture, everything(outside of our culture) would still work the way it always has
    Just because we wouldn't have a concept of time doesn't mean it wouldn't exist. We didn't have the concept of diseases for over a hundred thousand years but they still existed. Time isn't making runners run, time is allowing runners to run.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

They fall into our gravitational well, all objects near earth are pulled by our gravity but they don't collide with us.
    Hmm yeah thats where your wrong.

Objects do collide with earth.

What do you think we have a force field stopping it?

Please explain.

- Selling
    - Buying

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Just because we wouldn't have a concept of time doesn't mean it wouldn't exist. We didn't have the concept of diseases for over a hundred thousand years but they still existed. Time isn't making runners run, time is allowing runners to run.
    Runners legs are allowing runners to run, time is measuring how long it took them
    Newest Piece

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Please explain.
    If you wish for him to explain please do not in this topic seeing as it's not correct, but i would have to agree with you, Asteroids hit the earth all the time, they just get a lot smaller when they burn up in the atmosphere, but the earth was infact created by larger asteroids colliding together
    Newest Piece

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Time Does Exists !!!

Let's say Michael Jackson died last year on 25th June. Today it's 25th June 2010. We say its exactly 1 year !! Now let's exclude time from our lives. How're you gonna tell me when Michael Jackson died ???

You can't !!

Even when you use the word "Blink", you use time in it. It's not just about organizing !! Time has a relation with our universe.

Existence of time belongs to the same category of question as how long is “length”. They are interdependent and arbitrary notions. Length / Space cannot be measured / experienced without time and vice versa. So, Time is as real as any other dimension !!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Please explain.
    WTF? Of course objects collide with the earth, but not all objects that are pulled by the earths gravity collide with the earth.

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast