Thanks

Is there any way for me to just edit my old save file to get missed event cosmetics?

Simply put I used to do the save file cheats. Last time I did it was when Freddy came out and I got p3 on everyone with 100 million bloodpoints. It also came with legacy for everyone and some cosmetics from east asian tournaments and pax codes but nothing bannable I think. In short, I missed some events where free cosmetics where given out like some charms, cheryl's christmas sweater, the 5th anniversary event and some others between freddy and now. I want to know if there is a way for me to easily edit my file to get these things or how I would even identify them. I considered just using someone elses profile but at this point I have the rift free maxed out and some old event cosmetics for huntress and feng that I would rather not lose to changing files.

I know market files are a big thing now where you temporarily unlock everything but I am not interested in constantly repeating the process. I tried to find what I am looking for but I mostly find market file discussion or just premade profiles for an injector.

Edit: I also want to lower my addon numbers because even though they aren't 400 of every item I still have like 100 of every red addon on all characters which is way too much.
    Last edited by sorryiamnotoriginal; 09-22-2021 at 03:17 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    As far as I know, there is no way to permanently unlock cosmetics through a save file. I am curious, though, as you say that you have done so with a save file in the past. Is it possible for you to provide this save file? I would love to check it out.

I don't think that market files are too much of a hassle too. As long as you have the market file and the Fiddler rule, it is very easy to just start Fiddler every time you open the game.

About lowering addon numbers, you can use a save file editor. If you want some more info on that, I would be happy to provide it, but I cannot be bothered unless you actually want to hear about it.
    BHVR

2/3

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redshishere View Post
    As far as I know, there is no way to permanently unlock cosmetics through a save file. I am curious, though, as you say that you have done so with a save file in the past. Is it possible for you to provide this save file? I would love to check it out.

I don't think that market files are too much of a hassle too. As long as you have the market file and the Fiddler rule, it is very easy to just start Fiddler every time you open the game.

About lowering addon numbers, you can use a save file editor. If you want some more info on that, I would be happy to provide it, but I cannot be bothered unless you actually want to hear about it.
    Sure I would love to know about the save file editor and I would gladly share the save file but you would need to tell me where to find it.

Just to explain a bit more though, at least back in the earlier days, the only real hacks I saw used on these forums were save file editors which gave things like legacy and event/pax skins. So for example, I had the special trapper chuckles mask you would get for going to pax before they made it free for everyone and I didn't go to pax or get a code. Same for all the cosmetics that came out for feng/david for those tournaments, the gold lazer bears or whatever. I saw people offering save files with those cosmetics but I didn't want them because the skins were only available in asian countries unless you spent hundreds for a code but now they are free for everyone anyway.

Part of my reason for being opposed to the market files is the hassle but also the risk. If I edit a save file then I do it once but to maintain the market file means I have to do it every time I need to refresh it which isn't worth it to me. Would rather just get a file with all the cosmetics I could modify in and be done with it.
    Last edited by sorryiamnotoriginal; 09-25-2021 at 08:47 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by sorryiamnotoriginal View Post
    Sure I would love to know about the save file editor and I would gladly share the save file but you would need to tell me where to find it.

Just to explain a bit more though, at least back in the earlier days, the only real hacks I saw used on these forums were save file editors which gave things like legacy and event/pax skins. So for example, I had the special trapper chuckles mask you would get for going to pax before they made it free for everyone and I didn't go to pax or get a code. Same for all the cosmetics that came out for feng/david for those tournaments, the gold lazer bears or whatever. I saw people offering save files with those cosmetics but I didn't want them because the skins were only available in asian countries unless you spent hundreds for a code but now they are free for everyone anyway.

Part of my reason for being opposed to the market files is the hassle but also the risk. If I edit a save file then I do it once but to maintain the market file means I have to do it every time I need to refresh it which isn't worth it to me. Would rather just get a file with all the cosmetics I could modify in and be done with it.
    I'll explain how to get your save file first because it has to be done before editing it.

Firstly, get a bhvrSession cookie. In case you don't know how to do that, use an SSL bypass, created by using Flynn1's config installer:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1504820
    Alternatively, you can download a pakchunk that has been pre-modified, like this one (for 5.2.2, current 26.9.2021):
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1546658
    To do this navigate to your Dead by Daylight folder, then to DeadByDaylight>Content>Paks and replace pakchunk1-WindowsNoEditor with the new one.

Next, set up Fiddler if you haven't already (market file part is optional):
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1493927
    Then, while in-game, use Fiddler to check for steam.live.bhvrdbd.com requests and inspect them using the inspector tab. You are looking for the bhvrSession cookie. Once you have it, use a save file injector such as FluxDot's:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1510097
    Then, paste the bhvrSession cookie from the clipboard, but make sure that it doesn't contain the 'bhvrSession=' part. After that, dump your save file.

Your save file will be located in the save injector folder under the FullProfile folder. Please, if possible, provide this save file to me.

To edit the save file we use Flynn1's save editor:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1508354
    It serves its purpose and does it well. But it is not updated to the current version of Dead by Daylight. To update it visit this link and scroll down to DbdFastService's post:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthrea...1540553&page=8
    Then, replace dbd.db with the new dbd.db in the attachment. After that, it is a matter of opening FullProfile.txt and editing it however you want. There are presets under the generator tab and you can make a custom preset if you want to.

To inject the save file, click the inject profile (not inject FullProfile) button in FluxDot's save injector.
    Last edited by redshishere; 09-26-2021 at 09:49 AM. Reason: forgot reinjection
    BHVR

2/3