Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Computer Building

https://pc.partpicker.com/list/wnTjt8

Link is edited since I believe ppp is blocked. Basically, I can't run Far Cry 6 on my PC at decent settings because my CPU is some old garbage so it's finally time to upgrade after 6 years. I bought a Ryzen 9 5900x and I have a RTX 3060ti. Wanted thoughts on what Motherboard I should get and why. I plan on keeping my cpu cooler, hard drives (I have 2 hard drives btw), SSDs (I have 1 SSD), and RAM cards (2 8GB ram cards) since they're fine the way they are. Might need a new tower to accommodate the new motherboard, but for reference, I have a mid-tower. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bernard; 10-09-2021 at 12:52 AM.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Motherboard: TUF GAMING X570 - PLUS

DISCORD NITRO, SERVER BOOSTS, DECORATIONS
    XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE, TIDAL, TINDER, SPOTIFY, YOUTUBE
    ADOBE CREATIVE ALL APPS, PEACOCK TV, HBO, PARAMOUNT

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Magictouch For This Useful Post:

Bernard (10-09-2021)

Thanks
    From your build, can say you are not a low budget user. So I suggest you choose a B550 or X570 motherboard. As far I know the difference is in the PCIe gen, the rest depends on what features you need in motherboard like 30 usb port, 8 PCIe slot.. cool right I would recomend AORUS Pro B550 or X570, MPG B550 Gaming Plus and MAG X570 Tomahawk. Update bios if you go with B550

Corsair 4000D

Registered 01/12/2018
    Publicist as Video Team 27/10/2019
    Get a Premium Member from Contest 01/11/2019
    Join the Twice Force 09/11/2019
    GFX Team 27/11/2019
    News Force as Gaming News 30/11/2019
    Publicist Team as Social Media Manager 06/02/2020
    Get a Premium Seller from Contest 16/02/2020
    News Force as Writer 26/07/20
    Publicist Team 26/07/2020
    Resign from News Force 06/01/2021
    Minion in BattleOn Section 28/10/2021
    Get Promoted to Minion+ 07/02/2022
    Minion in Steam Games Section 18/03/2022
    Minion in Minecraft Section 18/04/2022
    Minion in Battlefield Section 26/05/2022
    Get Promoted to Moderator 14/10/2022

dd/mm/yyyy

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poonce For This Useful Post:

Bernard (10-09-2021),Noxey (10-10-2021)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    If you upgraded your CPU, I'm going to assume that you upgraded your CPU fan (if it is not as good as any decent CPU fans now). I would only recommend switching your case if you really dislike your case or your cpu fan is too big for your case. Other than that, for your motherboard, I would recommend the MSI B550-A PRO. I have it on my PC and it works fine for most things. Just remember to always change your RAM speeds and enable Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO) for your CPU. Good luck deciding a nice motherboard. You really can't go wrong with most motherboards.

Thanks
    Anything with decent cooling I mean, with that CPU it’s definitely not a low budget build so why opt for something poor

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by ilysafekeys View Post
    Anything with decent cooling I mean, with that CPU it’s definitely not a low budget build so why opt for something poor
    Saying I should get a new cpu fan/cooler? I figured if it works it works which is why I didn't plan to replace it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:

Charion (10-11-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post

Saying I should get a new cpu fan/cooler? I figured if it works it works which is why I didn't plan to replace it.
    Get a new cpu fan, make it easier for yourself long term. I cant see your parts but from what was said up here: what is an extra 20 eur to have a good clean reliable fan?

Most issues come from overheating
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Get a new cpu fan, make it easier for yourself long term. I cant see your parts but from what was said up here: what is an extra 20 eur to have a good clean reliable fan?

What Snake said. A good CPU fan will make a big difference, especially if you do a lot of CPU-intensive stuff, like modern games or even editing/studio programs nowadays. I have the Noctua NH-U12S (AM4 version). I think the Noctua fans are kind of loud (though I should probably change the fan speeds on my CPU fans). Other than that, I have heard it's good with cooling the temperature.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post

https://pc.partpicker.com/list/9KZGK3

This is the most up to date list. Added a motherboard and a few other things. You just gotta remove the "." after "pc" in order to see it.

Also, how do I even go about finding a good CPU cooler? What specs do I even look for? Feel like all there really is to compare is Fan RPM, noise level, and whether its liquid cooling or fan cooling.
    Last edited by Bernard; 10-12-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

This is the most up to date list. Added a motherboard and a few other things. You just gotta remove the "." after "pc" in order to see it.

Also, how do I even go about finding a good CPU cooler? What specs do I even look for? Feel like all there really is to compare is Fan RPM, noise level, and whether its liquid cooling or fan cooling.
    What I did was google "best cpu fan reddit 2021" and read what people suggested on reddit. I've read that fan cooling is better or just the same as liquid cooling nowadays (though someone can correct me if this statement is wrong). I think you would get something called AIO cooling (hybrid of water and air cooling(?)) if you want to save space, although I never have a problem with the wires for my cpu fan honestly.

Thanks

There are two options, go with the mid/end air cooler or high end liquid cooler. For air cooler what matters is how many heatpipes, heatsinks, fans and also think about fan pwm & static pressure. I suggest a high end liquid cooler because the performance mid liqiud cooler is not better than mid/end air cooler (I think lol) anyway if you choose the liqiud cooler make sure the thickness of the radiator, fan pwm & static pressure and make sure it fits in your tower.

I suggest be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

Registered 01/12/2018
    Publicist as Video Team 27/10/2019
    Get a Premium Member from Contest 01/11/2019
    Join the Twice Force 09/11/2019
    GFX Team 27/11/2019
    News Force as Gaming News 30/11/2019
    Publicist Team as Social Media Manager 06/02/2020
    Get a Premium Seller from Contest 16/02/2020
    News Force as Writer 26/07/20
    Publicist Team 26/07/2020
    Resign from News Force 06/01/2021
    Minion in BattleOn Section 28/10/2021
    Get Promoted to Minion+ 07/02/2022
    Minion in Steam Games Section 18/03/2022
    Minion in Minecraft Section 18/04/2022
    Minion in Battlefield Section 26/05/2022
    Get Promoted to Moderator 14/10/2022

dd/mm/yyyy

Thanks
    just make sure u got top air coming out, front end as intake and a back end out, get an aio for your cpu cus its affordable, you dont have to do a fraction of the cleaning or maintenance of a water rig and if you get a big enough fan like a 360mm the temps are equal to full inline watercooling. Remove any unnecessary filters or panels in that come w ur case, and buy some pc duster. Literally the only setup i do, and i got a 3090 OC, 10900k and a pcie ssd which heats up. Still get great airflow and db level low.

The diff between a good or bad AIO is 1. The company that makes it 2. the temps achieved 3. compatability/features
    A AIO with a better heatsink will remove more heat from your cpu load, some companies spent that r&d cash into developing fittings and all sorts of shit for the high end AIOs.
    The diff between a good or bad liquid cooling system is 1. The price 2. Does it make cleaning easier 3. The temps/heatsink
    Price for getting all the water blocks, reservoir, pumps etc etc is pretty high. Not to mention the fuckin maintenance you must do to upkeep it, some companies sell these quick connect sockets that allow for easy removal, but honestly you will have to be rebending pipes and refilling your system every 4-6 months. I like hobbies, I like to repair shit myself but this is just unnecessary work.

OP hopefully my coolin advice can help u, however it all comes down to multiple factors man, including PSU is it high enough voltage where you have a cushion i.e draw of 600 with a 850 or 1000 platinum plus, which decreases need of PSU fans that can heat up your system, What kinda case design you have impacts airflow significantly, what motherboard you have some overheat, an important one is also Thermal paste, you should use thermal grizzly or another high end brand. Your parts matter greatly, your GPU might be using garbage thermal compound from the factory, or if you are using a third party graphics card with extra fans etc like Zotac, msi, evga. Even ur ram can generate heat, your m.2 ssds if applicable generate heat. you need to be mindful of your entire setup, break that shit down and rearrange if you have to, buy some zipties for cable management

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

case: lian li 011 dynamic

Also, how do I even go about finding a good CPU cooler? What specs do I even look for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poonce View Post
    I suggest be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
    For CPU cooling, you can get the Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro4
    or the Noctua NH-D15 Black

Both are top tier air cooling solutions

Also your ram choice on your pc.partpicker list CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 seems odd. very cheap ram and will inhibit your CPU performance
    if you want to get the most performance from your r9 5900x I would recommend different ram.

For 2x8GB:
    CMK16GX4M2Z3600C14 (Cheapest option here but not actually cheap)
    AX4U360038G14C-DT60
    F4-4000C15D-16GVK
    ND4U0836144BRADE
    F4-3600C14D-16GTZNB

For 2x16GB:
    F4-3600C14D-32GTZN (personal recommendation)(Samsung B-die, memory modules are dual rank, looks great)
    Last edited by skillkill; 10-14-2021 at 04:56 AM. Reason: added ram options
    Thank me if I helped Listen to the music below as you scroll through for free eargasms...
    If you want me to feature & promote your music in my signature for free and you believe it worthy, PM me a YouTube link

Thanks
    pls do not buy a "gaming motherboard" and just get a cheap mini itx one, as long as it supports your speccs and 2 m.2 slots if you want a good cpu cooler i recommend the nh-l9i as long as you have a mini itx motherboard and a case otherwise you can just get a taller one

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Solvi View Post
    just get a cheap mini itx one
    do not get cheap. cheap motherboards are cheap because they use cheap components. cheap voltage regulator module design with cheap onboard MOSFETs.
    cheap motherboards will limit your CPU's response to PBO and stability of your applied DOCP/XMP

mini itx is a choice, though I would recommend against it.
    less expansion slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Solvi View Post
    pls do not buy a "gaming motherboard"
    agreed here. do not buy for the word "gaming" in the name

- - - Updated - - -

Wanted thoughts on what Motherboard I should get and why.
    Here's a list of S Tier (the best) motherboards that I would buy right now:

Asus ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING
    ASRock B550 Taichi Razer Edition
    ASRock B550 Taichi
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS MASTER (personal recommendation)(literally the best of the best)
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AX
    MSI MEG B550 UNIFY
    MSI MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI
    MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI
    MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI
    MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI Mini
    MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI
    MSI MPG B550 GAMING CARBON WIFI

These boards have the absolute cleanest power delivery of current generation motherboards and are reasonably priced at the moment.
    Also all of the above listed happen to have inbuilt wifi-6
    If you don't want my recommended one, just pick the cheapest one or whichever one you like the look of the best on that list. You can't go wrong.

Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) is not on the list because it has inferior power delivery compared to those listed above
    Last edited by skillkill; 10-14-2021 at 04:54 AM. Reason: added motherboards
    Thank me if I helped Listen to the music below as you scroll through for free eargasms...
    If you want me to feature & promote your music in my signature for free and you believe it worthy, PM me a YouTube link

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast