Thread: Private Server

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Private Server

Hey, there anyone is still working on a private server/modding LithTech engine? just trying to learn LT and create some project about that.... there is a place with some files that can help me?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I believe you can contact @supercarz1991
    Last edited by meme; 02-27-2023 at 07:06 PM. Reason: dont suggest dickord

3. The Following User Says Thank You to killingspree888 For This Useful Post:

Shard_ (05-29-2022)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Shard_ View Post
    Hey, there anyone is still working on a private server/modding LithTech engine? just trying to learn LT and create some project about that.... there is a place with some files that can help me?
    Valofe killed the project. DMCA'd the ******* community server, and we don't share file links because that's what got us shut down. There's some private tiny communities still playing reborn. One of them is promising updates, but their project heavily flags anti-virus, and they have some post with "proof that Microsoft contacted anti-virus makers to stop flagging it." FAT CHANCE IN HELL, its virus ridden, so I wouldn't trust any downloads for that project that was created.

commando: You're probably the best non-coder coder I know LOL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to supercarz1991 For This Useful Post:

killingspree888 (01-20-2023)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
    Valofe killed the project. DMCA'd the ******* community server, and we don't share file links because that's what got us shut down. There's some private tiny communities still playing reborn. One of them is promising updates, but their project heavily flags anti-virus, and they have some post with "proof that Microsoft contacted anti-virus makers to stop flagging it." FAT CHANCE IN HELL, its virus ridden, so I wouldn't trust any downloads for that project that was created.
    It's kind of ridiculous for fools who host these private servers to not make it open-source. For a community as small as Combat Arms, hosting private servers and not sharing your code (while it's being flagged for viruses) is a big fat sign of either: (1) you are ignorant and believe that your code is clearly too valuable for others to know, or (2) you are probably making some sketch ass virus.

Just my two cents

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by killingspree888 View Post

It's kind of ridiculous for fools who host these private servers to not make it open-source. For a community as small as Combat Arms, hosting private servers and not sharing your code (while it's being flagged for viruses) is a big fat sign of either: (1) you are ignorant and believe that your code is clearly too valuable for others to know, or (2) you are probably making some sketch ass virus.

Just my two cents
    It wasn't a private server. It was the entire july 2008 game client legally reverse engineered, and ported to the lithtech engine with bug fixes and patches to compile in visual studio 2019. I can understand 110% why that code was never shared.

if it was just a private server, then yeah, I would agree, but it wasn't.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to supercarz1991 For This Useful Post:

killingspree888 (01-30-2023)

Thanks
    where can I find those communities?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by 112guy112 View Post
    where can I find those communities?
    I don't share them. As stated, no downloads should honestly be trusted that aren't official and at the moment, there are no "official" links.

Why would I share those communities after saying "i wouldn't trust any downloads" lol

what a stupid question

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    I Just asked if there is anyone still working about engine/server (not a shutdown one) and knows him well, if there is someone here so contact me thanks!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Shard_ View Post
    I Just asked if there is anyone still working about engine/server (not a shutdown one) and knows him well, if there is someone here so contact me thanks!
    there isn't. Entirely a waste of time for as long as Valofe and Nexon have control over the Combat Arms IP. They are worse than Nintendo. They will shut it down.