Thanks

Scrubbing PC of Cheats

So I used cheats on COD Cold War for about a year. Got shadow banned once or twice but never Perma banned. After I was done with CW I was done paying for cheats so I deleted all the associated files. Fast forward to BF2042 launch and after I installed it from preorder I was almost immediately banned (I was not using cheats). I was not able to recover the account. Fast forward again to MW2 release and the same thing happened. Installed it, didn't play that night. Opened it the next day and perm banned. I made sure when registering with Activision that I used a different email than BF2042. So I'm guessing the anticheat is scanning my system and finding something left over? I've deleted everything I can think of. Up to this point I've been lucky and was able to get a Steam refund. Ill try buying directly from Battlenet next time but before I try again I want to make sure I don't get the ban hammer again and waste $75. So what's the best way to go about it? Do I have to do a complete reformat or is there a less invasive way to scrub the computer if all lingering cheat software? One other thing I should mention is that I have Plitch installed on the computer. It's cheat software but only used for single player games. Could that be the problem? I didn't think it would because RICOCHET says specifically that it doesn't scan your files and Plitch doesn't run in the background. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoobie0000 View Post
    So I used cheats on COD Cold War for about a year. Got shadow banned once or twice but never Perma banned. After I was done with CW I was done paying for cheats so I deleted all the associated files. Fast forward to BF2042 launch and after I installed it from preorder I was almost immediately banned (I was not using cheats). I was not able to recover the account. Fast forward again to MW2 release and the same thing happened. Installed it, didn't play that night. Opened it the next day and perm banned. I made sure when registering with Activision that I used a different email than BF2042. So I'm guessing the anticheat is scanning my system and finding something left over? I've deleted everything I can think of. Up to this point I've been lucky and was able to get a Steam refund. Ill try buying directly from Battlenet next time but before I try again I want to make sure I don't get the ban hammer again and waste $75. So what's the best way to go about it? Do I have to do a complete reformat or is there a less invasive way to scrub the computer if all lingering cheat software? One other thing I should mention is that I have Plitch installed on the computer. It's cheat software but only used for single player games. Could that be the problem? I didn't think it would because RICOCHET says specifically that it doesn't scan your files and Plitch doesn't run in the background. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    What i did was reverse the steps to begin using the cheats and deleting program. also clearing registry keys the program might have made. and normally cheats give out false malware so i would just do a malware scan and let it detect and remove.