Thread: Grimoire PPAPI

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Post Grimoire PPAPI

Alpha in the works [3000+] lines of code and some already working features, using the 3.8+ as a base for now but PPAPI will have it's own.

Grimoire PPAPI will use a process to encode/decode the pepflashplayer.dll before use and upon exit, this will be implemented by me, I still have concerns about Flash use and know that the pepflashplayer.dll can be targeted by other applications and used. This will prevent the pepflashplayer.dll from being able to be used whilst you are not using Grimoire. Just looking out .

I had started to make a post before but did not want to until I could confirm a rewrite of much was possible and working...while there are some kinks things seem to be going 80% smoothly thus far.

Due to the change in the nature of the launcher I can potentially do a lot. I will now once again be accepting help and would like to get a group together. I apologize for the sudden absence and bail out for those that had reached out before. I was having some issues with services and security and had stopped reaching out for a while, I left the AEUltimate project once it stepped outside of MPGH bounds. I wish to post here to MPGH not elsewhere.

If anyone wants to reach out, I'll be as friendly as you are, I will be a little pickier about who I accept, as I need people who will be proactive and not just join and ghost. If the contact methods I wish to use don't work for you, zero problems we can chat via Birdie in the bottom left. I can share snippets and explain.

If you intend to try to use my content and post to other sites, created modified copies without consent, or abuse the content in any manner, I do not permit you to use the file formats/applications I refer to as "Grimoire PPAPI".

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME FEEDBACK.

Creating the C# Packet Logger now already gets the Packets like you want though, I will be providing more options than previous versions of grimoire. NOT THE DEVCONSOLE, the packet logger will be it's own form.

This version of grimoire is running Multi-threaded and does not call the forms the same as before, well actually beyond the SWF at the moment everything has been done by me...with some minor AI assistance because this is the future and I'm not being thrown out of the loop. All rights still reserved to my code still from what I am aware and the policies I read.

Sometimes, you have to teach the AI to get results. Life.

Credits:
    133Spider[Current Status: AE Staff]
    Poonce [I Can't recall for what, but whatever, Poonce approves it, or you don't get it, how's that for help ] Thanks!
    Biney [Original Grimoire Builds -3.8]
    EmperorArts [Grimoire 3.8+]
    IfOnlyYouKnew [Grimoire 3.8 [RE/3.8+/Fixes]] [Grimoire PPAPI]
    Last edited by IfOnlyYouKnew; 02-18-2023 at 06:24 PM.
    Contributor: March 14'th, Minionforce: March 15'th, Minion Plus: May 30'th, 2023, Former Staff: #

Coding Hobbyist | - Current Activity | BattleOn | RotMG |

Want to make my life better? <3 BTC: 3JoQRjwK28DVGTzL4mYkpjHRBeoFwNFVe7

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to IfOnlyYouKnew For This Useful Post:

8marcko8 (03-11-2023),almansoory1 (03-04-2023),asamortal (04-25-2023),CoffeeMorena (02-21-2023),darkhelios7 (03-05-2023),GarudaMP (02-26-2023),Gate_keeper31 (04-16-2023),innersouls (02-19-2023),karreh95 (04-12-2023),[MPGH]meme (03-02-2023),Panteja (03-12-2023),Pocaut (03-08-2023),progamerto (02-23-2023),sinulbot (05-01-2023),Vindicator800 (03-02-2023)

Thanks
    The amount of work you got done is so impressive, and I also hope everything is going according to your plans

Anyway I was wondering if you could upload a preview for some of us to test it out and give some feedback if possible

keep it up dude and don't forget to keep us updated as always.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator800 View Post
    The amount of work you got done is so impressive, and I also hope everything is going according to your plans

Anyway I was wondering if you could upload a preview for some of us to test it out and give some feedback if possible

keep it up dude and don't forget to keep us updated as always.
    I won't be giving out any copies anytime soon, sorry. Although I finally made some realizations and have begun on Grimoire Gnosis (a.k.a. Grimoire PAPPI Edition)
    The whole application was in one Class and wasn't going to work for the long term, that should be resolved as well as other issues being fixed, the threading is more appropriate and can be used in a much nicer way. I designed the Icon for it, here's the 128x example. I sadly will not be able to use the old grimoire engine as it's more trouble to change than it is to build something else and would need to be broken and rewritten itself in the process anyhow, some core elements on the Flash side will remain for ease of creation but otherwise will be all newly managed.

In short, a lot of work to be done, but I'm building it "right". By that I mean what seems better to me but honestly, it's not like I went to school for this.

Hope you guys like it, tried to stick with the G for everyone's old-time nostalgia needs.

Hope this is enough to fuel your fire for now! You can PM me anytime, I may take awhile to respond depending on my day to day.

VirusTotal - File - e4568fc85cb25023a1f59eaffbd16e89d1a44afb87b8c6799f 3f034d99699ba8
    Last edited by IfOnlyYouKnew; 03-04-2023 at 09:53 PM.
    Contributor: March 14'th, Minionforce: March 15'th, Minion Plus: May 30'th, 2023, Former Staff: #

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IfOnlyYouKnew For This Useful Post:

8marcko8 (03-14-2023),darkhelios7 (03-05-2023),innersouls (03-06-2023)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Inside Update: Grimoire Gnosis now starts up with an Update Interceptor, this allows you to decline updating to the latest game version if you choose and will notify you of updates every time the AQW Team releases a new one, that way if something stops working, the version can be noted, and changes can be found.

Version spoofing, Grimoire Gnosis will allow you to spoof your game version. [high risk if used improperly]
    [AQW may take action upon players using this feature...one day]

Grimoire Gnosis - [Windows Only] [C#] [.NET 4.5.2] [Currently-Not-Portable, must have a "C:/" drive] [Due to Change]

Edit: - Grimoire Gnosis SWF being built [Portable except for the .NET needs, will be looked into and likely implemented, think I know how already]

!No longer requires storing the .txt files to your C Drive!

Unfinished Title Preview,
    Last edited by IfOnlyYouKnew; 03-09-2023 at 03:13 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IfOnlyYouKnew For This Useful Post:

8marcko8 (03-14-2023),almansoory1 (03-09-2023),innersouls (03-10-2023),[MPGH]meme (03-09-2023)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Update: The Flash DLL is now encrypted/modified and stored as a txt file, upon opening Grimoire Gnosis builds it back for you, then deletes it upon "intended" close meaning Alt-F4/etc.. may result in an unknown number of errors and even program breaking and is not recommended.

This means that unless my specific code is targeted, Flash will not be able to be called by another application for use, easing security concerns slightly.

This is not full-proof and it could still be targeted while Gnosis is using it, but once again something on your PC would have to be consistently seeking flash for this to be a likely problem/risk, in which case that program/file is the problem.

This was my goal, I don't intend to hide the dll or code in anyway just prevent common use, which AE doesn't do.

Grimoire Gnosis Uses Flash-32.0.0.255 [64-bit]

I have a hard install 32-bit copy OCX I've always used, so thought it was funny to change to this PPAPI version and wanted to stray from the aqw provided one, just in case they have some pull with it.

Visiting unintended online sites using Grimoire Gnosis, could result in higher security risk.

Still starts up quicker than 3.8+ so that's a bonus:

Well it passed...everything but what matters most, hopefully it will be resolved soon
    VirusTotal - File - e209ed4b13ab2bffc1a819336957a3b4f46fe6778601dddda2 3a37c3ce152845

Whoops was an internet setting I think, resolved for now.
    VirusTotal - File - 2fb720adde4b2b3b2c718414643811d8f609900a8240bfad84 1b20fd2d48c06c
    Last edited by IfOnlyYouKnew; 03-11-2023 at 02:05 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IfOnlyYouKnew For This Useful Post:

8marcko8 (03-14-2023),innersouls (03-10-2023)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Compatibility:

Hardware: Low-Mid-Tier and Above, Regardless of the OS.
    While weaker machines can start it, it will crash upon the third thread opening.

Windows 11 Tested: XPS-M1530 [Incompatible] [Timing in startup/etc results in crash after interceptor]

Preferred: Windows 11, 4GB RAM, CPU 3.0+, 1080p Monitor, 2010+ Hardware.

Update: Going to create a Grimoire Gnosis subsection in discussions here soon,

Help Wanted! Please Reach out even if you have before, no ghost students, I need active help not people learning,

I need some webpage designers, information accumulators and sorters, for the Gnosis Wiki [Will be local, so no worries]
    @Poonce, If you have some time on your hands for some Grimoire Gnosis Wiki Art and would like to take part, let me know please your graphic skills are wonderous! No rush, long term project.

Here's a Screenshot of my mock wiki homepage, not the best:

This will be the cheater's wiki! That way we can start properly sorting shops, IDs , and load locations to prevent DC. Among other things. This wiki could even help people building other aqw clients.

Time to get on top of it, or we could just abandon ship and group up to build our own AQW, can't be that hard.
    I would need people with much more experience in other areas and just more experienced in general if we chase that path.
    Last edited by IfOnlyYouKnew; 03-11-2023 at 04:53 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IfOnlyYouKnew For This Useful Post:

8marcko8 (03-14-2023),innersouls (03-15-2023)

Thanks
    When it will be released?, i cant see any download buttons ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by El.D0La View Post
    When it will be released?, i cant see any download buttons ?
    There is no download button this is a preview to an early WIP, the old grimoire will not work with the needed changes, I have thousands of lines to rewrite from scratch, so unless I receive real help from a few skilled individuals, months...

also my focus does not purely lie in hacking AQW nor creating an AQW client, I've been here to learn from the beginning and learn I have, I released plenty of SC for someone else to help/create a client of their own.

An early copy of this was requested and declined as all that's going to do is help AQW stop the client/start detecting it months before it's finished. So....not right now. Sorry.

I'll do my best to ensure a working Grimoire redo for you.

Unless of course you can do it quicker

PS:
    There's always the Grimoire 2022 Suite if you have nothing and don't mind a flash install. The one I provided in the Battleon Main Section will work for 32-bit, grimoire suite has the flash installer included and requires the 64-bit. I wrote the installer and it places and registers an Flash.OCX to your system. It can be removed and deleted with proper permissions, normal users do not have the permission and you will need EMCO - Unlock It to remove the Flash.ocx once registered.
    Last edited by IfOnlyYouKnew; 03-15-2023 at 09:15 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IfOnlyYouKnew For This Useful Post:

8marcko8 (03-15-2023),almansoory1 (04-02-2023),chowda311 (03-23-2023)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Update: The Bad and the Good

Update: As of yesterday the launcher/methods used will need to be rewritten to be built into my new "Adventure Quest Worlds Launcher"

I will utilize Grimoire/etc as references and get to it, Grimoire Gnosis is not quite the same and can only support windows.

AQWL has Multi-Platform Support for: Linux/Windows/MacOS

AQWL will be built into a multi-client supported AQW Launcher, and will easily support clients similar to Revenant/Cetera, I will be building my own as well not grimoire. For now I am uncertain of my plans.

Times are changing, trying to stay up-to-date is always a thing. I do my best but have been slacking, this should be safer than any previous client currently out on MPGH once complete, once again though the state of AQW itself is ...well at Artix's discretion, so who knows if flash support/this new launcher will stick, as they may abandon flash.

Anyhow Multi-Platform-Support coming soon!

A lot of new stuff to learn....

Confirmed to work on: Linux/Windows already.
    Last edited by IfOnlyYouKnew; 04-06-2023 at 02:51 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IfOnlyYouKnew For This Useful Post:

almansoory1 (04-07-2023),innersouls (04-07-2023)

Thanks

Port it to ElectronJS for cross platform or dotnetmaui?

Idk about dotnet maui but, any plans to port it to JS (electronJS). would love to help but till now I have no idea on how to run flash on electron Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rootneutral View Post
    Idk about dotnet maui but, any plans to port it to JS (electronJS). would love to help but till now I have no idea on how to run flash on electron Lol

Anyway, what dotnet version you currently use? perhaps I could help but before i lend a hand i need to get my self familiar with c# and don't it self i guess (been using go a lot lately). and is it possible to use dotnet 7 or latest version of mono to run it? i believe dotnet 4 series (the one that is being used in grimoire) is not available for mac m1

thanks and good luck to you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rootneutral View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, what dotnet version you currently use? perhaps I could help but before i lend a hand i need to get my self familiar with c# and don't it self i guess (been using go a lot lately). and is it possible to use dotnet 7 or latest version of mono to run it? i believe dotnet 4 series (the one that is being used in grimoire) is not available for mac m1

thanks and good luck to you
    Already have an electron build started , not even close to as easy for me but it’s working on windows and Linux already. Should work on Mac too. I am no longer going to be using .Net. I won’t send files or accept help from someone without time/post/rep here on mpgh due to the amount of spam request and people with I’ll intent lying, and attempting to get my code, which anyone can do…easily. If someone needs heavy assistance from me they are sadly not likely up to the task. Improve your rep, first and post some content for release, attempt to follow some guides and post your own loader/basic client. This will help improve your post count rep and understanding of how easy the task is/can be. They will not ban you, but if you don’t apply some security settings in your client they may auto-block your IP.

I’m not trying to be rude just following some new standards for getting assistance, create your own client learn a bit post it, keep it safe and clean, and I would love the help. I want to have a multi-client launcher, the launcher is built already and is multi-platform ready, I just need clients/etc. that are clean and not built using some sketch version of flash. Thank you!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Just for the love of God DO NOT implement the WASD movement thing
    It's so annoying having to turn that off every damn time when starting the damned thing

it was such a cringe feature and actively HINDERS Ultra runs by delaying you for a whole 2 seconds
    The Cash Must Flow