Thanks

Ebay or other online marketplace

Hi, I want to know has anyone selling digital product on eBay? I read some articles and it seems very difficult. eBay actually prohibit selling digital items unless with the delivery of physical item. I have a lot of cheap keys, for example Office 365 personal key with the normal price $70, I can get it for $35. Anybody has alternative to sell online? I mean this is clearly a good opportunity as reseller. I would appreciate any advice/comment. Thank you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Childz View Post
    Hi, I want to know has anyone selling digital product on eBay? I read some articles and it seems very difficult. eBay actually prohibit selling digital items unless with the delivery of physical item. I have a lot of cheap keys, for example Office 365 personal key with the normal price $70, I can get it for $35. Anybody has alternative to sell online? I mean this is clearly a good opportunity as reseller. I would appreciate any advice/comment. Thank you
    You can sell digital stuff like cd-keys and things like this.

It's not difficult, the problem is if eBay will require more documents to verify your "products" what you will tell them.

In selling business it's a risk all the time, but with eBay it's a risk all day !

Threadstarter
    Advanced Member
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donatelos View Post
    You can sell digital stuff like cd-keys and things like this.

It's not difficult, the problem is if eBay will require more documents to verify your "products" what you will tell them.

In selling business it's a risk all the time, but with eBay it's a risk all day !
    Yes I agree with you. That's why I'm asking for suggestion or alternatives because the safest way is actually through MM. Not all people willing to pay MM and take extra steps, not to mention the security/trust issue.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    what about etsy?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Childz View Post
    It's not that difficult, the reality is that Microsoft is being retarded and doesn't allow unauthorized sales (so they are asking ebay to take listings down), you will notice that people from Germany are selling most of the software without any difficulties because they got some law or something allowing them and companies can't do much about it...

Click here to add Noxey to chat and buy!

The Best Accounts Store on MPGH - #1
    Top Quality Accounts & Services

♕ The Most Active Seller with the Lowest Prices!
    ✨ ⫸ ⫸ Telegram: @NoxeyStore / Discord: Noxey#9974⫷ ⫷ ✨

STAFF VOUCHED!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Noxey For This Useful Post:

Childz (04-05-2023)

Thanks
    We have almost a dozen accounts of ebay. Talked to some people

Our guild haven't done this ourselves, but from our understanding, only certain brands like Microsoft is uber sensitive.

Other brands may not raise any red flag
    Last edited by GTBenja; 04-18-2023 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks
    Obviously things may have changed since then, but 10+ years ago I used to sell some digital MS keys on eBay. Was able to get a few thousand in sales in a week or two around the launch of Windows 7. Stopped selling there rather quickly, but didn't have any issues with my accounts/listings at that time. Some people doing the same thing were mailing out the activation key by physical mail as well as digital delivery so in case of any disputes they were able to point to something physically being sent out.

Thanks
    Digital goods are a hassle to sell on ebay - I would stay away from it.

Thanks
    It`s not impossible but its tricky for US accounts and a bit of a risk now that they`ve switched over to MP. There`s a few issues. Digital items on a new account is high risk and almost all accounts will be flagged for ID verification within the first few days of opening no matter what items are being sold. We only make business accounts so I don`t know what is asked for, for personal accounts but generally. EIN verification, state articles, Director/owner ID verification document, bank statement and also a description of what type of items you plan to sell n Ebay. After that verification is passed its best to wait a while and build some history and good reviews on the account before trying to list digital items.

Personally I would not list any digital items on a US account that I was planning to sell physical items or services on or planning to use as a main account.

Also it would probably be worth looking into selling the item as a physical item in the case of activation codes by simply printing them out and sending via snail mail then uploading the tracking to Ebay... Ebay also monitors messages on its platform and will flag/ban accounts if it deems the message content violates their terms.