Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

IM changes required

Hi,

I am a member from the times when ***** used to be allowed on MPGH, and I frankly believe that was the golden period for us sellers, due to the ease of dealing, and much more. I do believe that it came with it's own challenges such as scams and a lot more issues.

Now that ***** was removed, IM was introduced which only works on Desktop atm, which I feel is a huge turn off.

How many people actually use Desktops for casual browsing? Not many. This is the era of phones and a lot of other forums do allow some form of off site communication, and even if they don't, there needs to be a cross platform IM, since it will cater to needs of both the buyers and sellers in a much more efficient way, making MPGH even more active.

Thank you for allowing me to express my suggestions!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    This is probably 101 thread about it, they closed each and explained why it's not allowed and won't be. Off-site things will enable you to delete or edit chats and manipulate them with nicknames, which can be a big problem for Staff to establish who is right and who is wrong and to make the right decision. Therefore, no offsite deals are allowed and won't be.

DISCORD NITRO, SERVER BOOSTS, DECORATIONS
    XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE, TIDAL, TINDER, SPOTIFY, YOUTUBE
    ADOBE CREATIVE ALL APPS, PEACOCK TV, HBO, PARAMOUNT

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by ACP View Post
    Hi,

I am a member from the times when ***** used to be allowed on MPGH, and I frankly believe that was the golden period for us sellers, due to the ease of dealing, and much more. I do believe that it came with it's own challenges such as scams and a lot more issues.

Now that ***** was removed, IM was introduced which only works on Desktop atm, which I feel is a huge turn off.

How many people actually use Desktops for casual browsing? Not many. This is the era of phones and a lot of other forums do allow some form of off site communication, and even if they don't, there needs to be a cross platform IM, since it will cater to needs of both the buyers and sellers in a much more efficient way, making MPGH even more active.

Thank you for allowing me to express my suggestions!
    The use of disc0rd, sky.pe, tele.gram, etc.. will still remain prohibited as discussed and said in previous threads. The implementation of IM allows users to directly trade, sell, buy from the forum and prevents scams from occurring. Over the years, we have seen the number of scams have greatly been reduced which allows users and members to continue marketplace activities without any worries. I am sure IM will be improved into something greater once the forum has been upgraded. That being said, we are not stopping you from conducting business offsite, however do not involve MPGH in your offsite business or else you will be liable for issues.

Middleman 9/13/2016-3/8/17
    LoL Minion 11/5/2016-3/8/17
    Former Staff 3/8/17-12/27/17
    Middleman 12/27/17-06/28/19
    Marketplace Minion 7/1/18-06/28/19
    Minion+ 12/5/18-2/5/19
    Moderator 2/5/19-06/28/19

Former Staff 06/28/19-12/19/20
    Middleman 12/19/20-Current
    Marketplace Minion 2/1/2021-Current
    Minion+ 4/7/2021-12/08/2022

Moderator 2/5/19-08/13/23