Poll: What is your thought on this discussion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Post Uncovering the Secrets of Dreams.

When you guys have your nightly dreams.
    Have you ever encountered any of these types of dreams:

• Having a good dream, and you wake up when you don't want to.
    • Having a bad dream, and not waking up although you want to.
    • Feeling pain in your dream, but you wake up intact.
    • Feeling pain in your dream, and you wake up with scars/injury.
    • Screaming / Running in your dream, but wake up and you didn't make a sound or move anywhere.
    • Screaming / Running in your dream, and you wake up and made a sound / moved somewhere.
    • Having a dream of somebody that you never met, and you fell in love with them
    • Having a dream of somebody you've seen, but never got introduced to, and later in time you two lock eyes, or feel a connection.
    • Shared a dream with a family, friend etc;.
    • Had a very realistic dream that ended up being a possible precognitive dream.
    • Having powers in your dream, flying, etc;

I don't know how to explain this;a spiritual thing, another dimension or universe, religion... whatever.
    but dreams are just amazing. I've had all of those dreams above, except waking up with scars/injury or waking up after screaming in my sleep / moving around somewhere. I've been told that I've slept talked before, but this was long ago. I've noticed that when you have a good dream, or a bad dream, right before the climax of it all, you seem to wake up and the dream felt like a 5 to 30 second visual and/or audible memory. I've heard things about how dreams end, it could result in another day of your life, or your last memory on Earth. If you have a bad dream and seem to have a deadly experience in it, and you do not wake up before you: fall off a cliff, get shot, get zapped by aliens, get eaten by zombies, i don't really care, you die... There has been some religion point of views on this, but then again, you can't really have 1 answer for what dreams are and how they work, because.. almost all of the human race shares dreaming, and not religion / cultural beliefs etc;. Do you think it's good to have secrets like this? Since it currently can't be explained in a scientific form due, to the fact that we not only use probably less than 30% of our mind, but can't be able to read minds thoroughly with a machine, what have you. If you can fill your mind with some random story that takes up 5-30 seconds of memory (the dream). Do you think we can manipulate our minds* to do the same... In example, if you were to sit in a room, and without sleeping / closing your eyes / dreaming, can we manage to 'control' our mind to pass time?
    Last edited by Jabooty671; 07-23-2010 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Fixed ingles- might not have a dream tonight due to sleeping late.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    wow very interesting.
    ive had only the first and second experiences. dreams kinda scare me though. especially that thing you said about our last moments on earth

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Didnt have a dream in a while

未来が見えなくて怖いから
    未来が見えてしまって悲しいから
    目を閉じて優しい思い出に浸ってしまう

Thanks
    I have alot of times, even last week i had this dream that i had sum weird disease and couldnt move when i woke up i felt so relieved cause it was just a dream Lol

Rick
    Mr.T
    Unsuccessful

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Too long, didn't read, because i'm a lazy fuck.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SXE BOI View Post
    wow very interesting.
    ive had only the first and second experiences. dreams kinda scare me though. especially that thing you said about our last moments on earth
    at least I can tell you read deep ;3
    I felt pain in my dream and it was hell. fucking seriously
    I think it might be a sign that I shouldn't do it to other people ?
    / I won't do it lol. it was hurting and I really felt pain somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by TailsTehFox View Post
    Didnt have a dream in a while
    I have a theory stating that people who don't have dreams either have:
    insufficient sleep (lacking full hours / don't sleep when their body tells them to)
    Have some neurological illness, problems, etc;
    Insomnia what have you. /

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    i dont know if this is off topic but, sometimes when i start to fall asleep, i feel my body have a strange feeling, and its like i start to fade. i know im still awake cuz i can control my breathing (how hard or how soft i breathe) but i cant move my body at all. i try to struggle so i can wake up but it takes like a minute b4 i can finally twitch my body and wake up. idk what that feeling is and it kinda scares me

Thanks
    Jabu did this every happen to you Like, after u woke up u not being able to move but ur awake..? like u gotta wait a few seconds till u can move :/ it happend to me a few times

Rick
    Mr.T
    Unsuccessful

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
    Jabu did this every happen to you Like, after u woke up u not being able to move but ur awake..? like u gotta wait a few seconds till u can move :/ it happend to me a few times
    Nope, not as long as I can remember.
    Probably your mind was re-adjusting to the physical properties of your body and you needed a few seconds, to minutes to get used to controlling your muscles again. Does your family have any history of arthritis, some paralysis in their bodies, seizures, etc;?

i dont know if this is off topic but, sometimes when i start to fall asleep, i feel my body have a strange feeling, and its like i start to fade. i know im still awake cuz i can control my breathing (how hard or how soft i breathe) but i cant move my body at all. i try to struggle so i can wake up but it takes like a minute b4 i can finally twitch my body and wake up. idk what that feeling is and it kinda scares me
    I don't know about that, but I asked a question on Yahoo Answers why my mind dozed off while I was taking a car ride nap and i heard some weird voices that was talking about somebody dying by tears of blood. Generally, I wouldn't have a mind like that, or watch those kinds of shows / movies / play games that are in such a gruesome state of mind. Only one person answered, sadly, and said it's completely normal..... / if he was a professional or not, but that relieved me.

edit: damn, Paroxysm left, i was looking forward to his opinion on these ideas.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Having a dream of somebody that you never met, and you fell in love with them ---> My Girlfriend

Had a very realistic dream that ended up being a possible precognitive dream. ---> Getting a PhD

Having a dream of somebody you've seen, but never got introduced to, and later in time you two lock eyes, or feel a connection ---> GF

It happens, Everything weird will happen. You don't know how you get these dreams... It's very weird and I happen to get these Dreams connected with my GF.
    Epic Prank

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    One person?
    FUCK

I would have to say known him the longest out of everyone here i think.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.T View Post
    its happend to me b4, and sometimes i cant even breath and i start to panic, its happened twice and i think in my head "OMFG IM GONNA DIE"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [I]nDepth View Post
    Having a dream of somebody that you never met, and you fell in love with them ---> My Girlfriend

Had a very realistic dream that ended up being a possible precognitive dream. ---> Getting a PhD

Having a dream of somebody you've seen, but never got introduced to, and later in time you two lock eyes, or feel a connection ---> GF
    Damn talk about sweet.---
    PhD? What major?

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post

Damn talk about sweet.---
    PhD? What major?
    i bet hes lying

Thanks
    i bet hes lying
    Naw, I don't think so.
    Dreams are unpredictable and are (imo) a gateway to another universe.
    Your universe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post

Nope, not as long as I can remember.
    Probably your mind was re-adjusting to the physical properties of your body and you needed a few seconds, to minutes to get used to controlling your muscles again. Does your family have any history of arthritis, some paralysis in their bodies, seizures, etc;?

I don't know about that, but I asked a question on Yahoo Answers why my mind dozed off while I was taking a car ride nap and i heard some weird voices that was talking about somebody dying by tears of blood. Generally, I wouldn't have a mind like that, or watch those kinds of shows / movies / play games that are in such a gruesome state of mind. Only one person answered, sadly, and said it's completely normal..... / if he was a professional or not, but that relieved me.

edit: damn, Paroxysm left, i was looking forward to his opinion on these ideas.
    i lookd it up theres just people askin on yahoo Q&A wat can it be but im sure its nothing serious

Rick
    Mr.T
    Unsuccessful

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast