Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

[HELP] Help me get started hacking pleaseee

Hehea so lets see I hate to leach of other's work since it makes me feal like ive done nothing but waste my own time creating another hack with the same exact code as all the other leachers running behind maybe a slightly changed up menu.

So I know the first thing would be to learn c++ which Im slowly doing but I have a few questions that I havent been able to answer for myself reading around here. First the addies.... Im not quite sure how you guys find them.... Im guessing theyre just pointers to where data is stored for fog etc etc but still dont know how you find them. Second the pushtoconsole thing.... is that basically a function that pushes commands to combat arms or does it push values to where the adresses point? Im not sure if I even have the right idea here but bear with me.

Then last of all does this mean if hacks are patched most of the time the only thing that has to be updates are addies?
    Thanks for any help in advance
    Last edited by arunforce; 08-25-2010 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks
    Yes, when the game gets patched you have to update the address's which really isnt all that hard, now if the game goes inline which pretty much hides everything and puts it all in ASM, then thats another, that requires all out Ollydbg. Cheat Engine is free, easy, and simple to get any address you need, Ollydbg is a lil more proffesional, of course the mear mention of Cheat in your proccess list causes Gameguard to freak out. Good luck

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jvwarrior For This Useful Post:

hobosrock696 (08-25-2010),krazykiller123 (08-26-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Thanks there hey wait how do you thank people i swear ive been going insane trying to find how and I cant see it.... also do you know how i might find the addresses in olly? Searching for things as binary strings doesnt come up with anything for me... its ctrl+b and in the ascii i type different things id be looking for. Im pretty sure I shouldnt be typing stuff like "fog" because it wont come up with anything but what should I be looking for then?

[EDIT] Oh..... that big button..... So thats how you thank people DX

[EDIT] Figured out how to search for stuff but i get an error in olly.... It says unable to read memory of debugged process
    Last edited by hobosrock696; 08-25-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Found the button....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hobosrock696 For This Useful Post:

krazykiller123 (08-26-2010)