Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaverman View Post
    private servers? well fine...

it is a program that fetches a Mysql database, then loads all the info from that (it has to be set up in a special way) to a .gsc script, and that way creates a semi automatic way for a script to integrate with the internet...

this would make people able to see who hacks online, even add people themselves... also Mysql just equals plain aweesome

sadly the horrible truth that i can't fetch the vars back from MW2, and therefore have to code a way to manually add things to the database limiting the uses significantly
    This could be abused easily. There gotta be a forum or such for it to report hackers -> a few admins to ban people actually. Else, this would get abused badly.

What would this check for?

GUID? HWID? XUID? etc...?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
    This could be abused easily. There gotta be a forum or such for it to report hackers -> a few admins to ban people actually. Else, this would get abused badly.

What would this check for?

GUID? HWID? XUID? etc...?
    atm, the name, as i have not found anything else that a .gsc mod can fetch from the client... but as i said, the program only fetches from database, and makes variables, its up to you what you do with them (i am not one to stop peoples imagination)

and yes you are probobly right about the admin stuff... ofc i would make an admin version, that can write to the database, and a client version that can only read...

Thanks
    AFAIK, in GSC you can also fetch the XUIDs of the clients.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Nice I guess

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I can see this going horribly wrong.

A child makes a server, bans someone for beating him (clearly not hacking or cheating) then he is banned on every server.

So make the system avoid that or you will get little kids running the banning system for every server.

Thanks
    you are right... it can go horribly wrong... and i am working on it

EDIT... did something that might work... when the time has come to get it running fully, I will elect some "admins" that will be able to ban/remove bans...

But what will stop them from giving away the program to non admins? you ask...
    a simple serial system, where another database will look after what serials can be used, and a txt document for easy changing of the serial...

that serial system is up to some "Root admins" to control adding and removing those serials, I WILL NOT MAKE ANY SECURITY FOR THE ROOT VERSION, as i will only give it to people i really trust...
    Last edited by Beaverman; 09-10-2010 at 03:07 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Wouldn't it just be simpler to keep it at ban on which server he hacked, for example maybe he got banned on one server, and he/she regrets it and wants to play the game without hacking he/she wont be able to.

The idea was good, but overall I don't think it would work to well.

Thanks
    hmm does punkbuster only ban on one server? does Vac? its all about punishing hackers(anti-cheat that is) but in my head i see a three strikes and out policy... atm it is server based only, with the user of the program having to run a mysql on localhost, but that is mainly due to me not being able to afford a host...

anyway, the serial/code system is already working... and will be a great security against unauthorized leeching to other forums...

the thing you are talking about was what i aimed at at the start of the project, but the setting up of a mysql server seems stupid, as it is complicated, so a global server would be easier for the end user...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12