Thanks

How Fucking Stupid.

Wow, I was Checking my Aol mail, and saw a News clip about video games. I clicked on it, and here it is. Over Protective/Paranoid much?

Seven Games Kids Should Avoid (and Seven They Shouldn't) Gallery and Images - GameDaily

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Are they talking to 7 year olds?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    The parents that follow this type of advice have absolutely no clue what the content actually is, Alot of used game stores allow you to preview a game before you buy it, this gives parents a great chance to have a first hand experience at a certain game, and after that a person can judge if a product is suitable for their child or not, advise from some other jackass doesn't mean you would view the game the same way.

I mean come on Halo 3? Who wants to be a kid on the block with a 360 with no Halo and all rated E games? I would deny that I own one if that was me. Parents really need to define the line between fiction and reality and make sure that the kid understands real world consequences. I mean if the kid has no concept of actions and effects then we'd be fucked, the kid would blast some fool away at a game, steal his dad's shotgun and go rampage at the city mall. Its the way the kid is parented that ultimately decides if a game would turn into something violent in the real world.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy who posted
    as a gamestop employee, if you dont know gamestop is a store where we sell video games, i have never once wittnessed a 10 year old come in and buy a mature rated video game. the games have a rating system and we enforce it. to parents out there who are complaining about violent video games, you guys are the ones buying it for your kids. look in the corner and if it has an M then its for mature. i do agree that some of the games contain a bit more adult level interaction in them then is necessary such as Kane and Lynch but if you dont buy it you dont have to worry. as for this whole post i find it ignorant and a complete waste of time that could of been better spent covering the war in iraque where my brother is fighting. AOL u dissapoint me
    Gamestop employee who doesn't sell M-Games to kids? Bull shit.

Threadstarter
    Dual-Keyboard Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    The parents that follow this type of advice have absolutely no clue what the content actually is, Alot of used game stores allow you to preview a game before you buy it, this gives parents a great chance to have a first hand experience at a certain game, and after that a person can judge if a product is suitable for their child or not, advise from some other jackass doesn't mean you would view the game the same way.

I mean come on Halo 3? Who wants to be a kid on the block with a 360 with no Halo and all rated E games? I would deny that I own one if that was me. Parents really need to define the line between fiction and reality and make sure that the kid understands real world consequences. I mean if the kid has no concept of actions and effects then we'd be fucked, the kid would blast some fool away at a game, steal his dad's shotgun and go rampage at the city mall. Its the way the kid is parented that ultimately decides if a game would turn into something violent in the real world.
    Well put.

I agree, Unless your like OCD to the extreme, game's cannot really effect the way a person act's in reality.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    if you are 7-9 years old they will let you get a teen game but never seen one sell a rate M game =/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Wow, what the eff.

It's the child's reaction to the game, not the game itself.

If your child is not mentally retarted, then they should be able to handle it.
    Last edited by Tiresome; 01-06-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks
    Everything with any weapon violence is 'bad', I ROFL at this.

Games just aren't fun till you kill something.

Edit: Half-life 2 was not "exceedingly violent". It had a fantastic plot, and you only killed people in that game when you needed to, to survive.
    Last edited by tednugent; 01-06-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks
    This is the stupidest, most redundant article i've EVER seen. What's the point of the rating system if you're going to have morons write this garbage?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I liked how they just said

Bad: "Name of 'bad' game"

Good: "Name of 'good' game"

Very good format for laughs.