Thanks

A bit of help with packets

There's a little project i've been working on for my clan. I'm not really into cheats, but i REALLY need a tool to keep track of everyone ("WHO'S THE !@#$% THAT LEFT HIS SECTOR WIDE OPEN?!?!"). If WarRock's map system is lacking, i'll just add to it. It's very simple, just for seeing who is where and how much they're lagging. I'm the trainer for the new recruits and it's a pain trying to figure out where they've been wandering off to in the middle of a fight.

I'm gonna be giving it to some guys too, and to make sure that it doesn't get abused, it'll only track specific players by their IP's. Right now it 'listens' in on TeamSpeak and uses it to build a database of the members online and their IP's. It will only show info of players on teamspeak (Clanmates), it's set to ignore all other players.

I've figured out that WarRock's packets are encoded (I was scratching my head until i realized there was more than one decoder needed). I'd really like to try to experiment by myself as much as possible unless i really can't do something.

The problem is that i can't seem to figure out how the coordinates work! I know it's a 12 byte section with 4 bytes each for X coordinate, Y Coordinate and Height respectively.

This is what i've been doing. Let's say i took out and decoded the 12 byte coordinate string.

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B

To get the coordinates, they'd be:

X: &h03020100
    Y: &h07060504
    Altitude: &h0B0A0908

The problem is that it doesn't line up with the map! If i try to, they would line up at the edges of the maps corners, but going from one side of the map to the other, my radar dot would me moving slowly on one side of the map, and then accelerate when it nears the other side. It's not consistent!

How do i read the coordinates?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    nice dreams...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by lapa321 View Post
    There's a little project i've been working on for my clan. I'm not really into cheats, but i REALLY need a tool to keep track of everyone ("WHO'S THE !@#$% THAT LEFT HIS SECTOR WIDE OPEN?!?!"). If WarRock's map system is lacking, i'll just add to it. It's very simple, just for seeing who is where and how much they're lagging. I'm the trainer for the new recruits and it's a pain trying to figure out where they've been wandering off to in the middle of a fight.

I'm gonna be giving it to some guys too, and to make sure that it doesn't get abused, it'll only track specific players by their IP's. Right now it 'listens' in on TeamSpeak and uses it to build a database of the members online and their IP's. It will only show info of players on teamspeak (Clanmates), it's set to ignore all other players.

I've figured out that WarRock's packets are encoded (I was scratching my head until i realized there was more than one decoder needed). I'd really like to try to experiment by myself as much as possible unless i really can't do something.

The problem is that i can't seem to figure out how the coordinates work! I know it's a 12 byte section with 4 bytes each for X coordinate, Y Coordinate and Height respectively.

This is what i've been doing. Let's say i took out and decoded the 12 byte coordinate string.

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B

To get the coordinates, they'd be:

X: &h03020100
    Y: &h07060504
    Altitude: &h0B0A0908

The problem is that it doesn't line up with the map! If i try to, they would line up at the edges of the maps corners, but going from one side of the map to the other, my radar dot would me moving slowly on one side of the map, and then accelerate when it nears the other side. It's not consistent!

How do i read the coordinates?
    WR packets are encoded, figure out what they are encoded with and you should be able to find what you need.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Byte(Creator Of CheatEngine) View Post
    Everything achieved with packet editing can be done with Cheat Engine too.
    But why packet edit for coordinates just use them Addresses