Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Combat arms is dying--------amit it

i find this 2 year old game is going downhill for a couple of reasons

1) the updates are getting littler and worse time after time

2) the problem of hackers not solved. Well thou it exists in every game

3) poor graphics. Compared to new games cod7, MOH, or even MW2, the graphics is really shitty

4) Glitches, despite they fix glitches every patch, there are always more coming up

5) Lack of GP weapon addition. Eventhou if they do, they add restriction of silver ranks. the rest of the addtion of new weapons is always NX

6)lack of flexibility. Althou combat arms offers weapons customizations, they didnt add any accessories since idkk.. really long time ago. other games are already start to outrun CA in terms of weapon variations. Also, the modding community is considered to be "illegal" by the officials of CA. And the modding only spins around texture modding and occasional weapon firing speed modding. When we look other games, the modding is extended into game mod modding, map modding, or even more.

7)Choice and balance of weapon. Althou the website says CA has over 200 weapons, only a really small amount is available to everyday playing. And among these guns, even fewer are competitive enough to play with the popular G36 and M416 series. and also, most of the weapon are rare, thou it makes the game more "special", its not really considered an "addition" to the new weapon category.

and this last one, not a relative argument and i am just sayin this. CA keeps on adding really little modificaiton from weapons and re-release them as an entirely new gun. For example, vector/kriss, when they add a silencer and a holosite, they call it kriss spec ops and sell it for NX ( 0.o) Also, the mp5 and mp5 mod, in which the only difference is a s3 silencer and acog scope. Which u can do it by just buy the mp5 with gp and add the mod (correct me if im wrong here)

In conclusion, if CA dont do something about these things, it is going to die (i hypothesize /yea/yea) within 2 years maximum.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Its gonna die pretty quick regardless, any fps game will struggle to compete straight after the new COD comes out....

But i agree with your points.

Thanks
    I think the problem is that combat arms hasnt really shown a huge decline in players so nexon thinks everyone is happy playing how it is. So rather than waste money fixing stuff, they will do it when they see a decline in players, that's just what I think.

Also, I think nexon wants to keep the accessories simpler. Like no thermal scopes and sutff like that.

Annnddd nexon won't die because it is free. Those who don't want to pay for COD or something else can play this for free. Not many other games have great graphics and they still do okay. You might say that other games have failed but I have faith in nexon because they have good reputation.
    [IMG]https://i238.photobucke*****m/albums/ff303/colby1666/Signatures/DayDream-1.png[/IMG]
    x x x x x x

Thanks
    dont get it mixed up. ITS COMBAT ARMS thats dying, NOT nexon.

and games like MW2 are free now so ppl who play CA cuz of $$ will move on

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by r3dcomet View Post
    dont get it mixed up. ITS COMBAT ARMS thats dying, NOT nexon.

and games like MW2 are free now so ppl who play CA cuz of $$ will move on
    MW2 is free? you must be smoking crack.

Try AVA. Theres no overpowered weapons that you can buy with real life money (you can buy high ranked weapons earlier though) and if you do buy weapons with real life money, than at most, it costs $15. you can mod guns a lot more than CA, there aren't any OPKers, both teams have legit chams, just about all the rare guns in the game can't be modded, you can get temporary rare guns from playing prison break (AVA equivelent of Fireteam), the enemies actually have a good reason to look similar (prison inmates), and more.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    About your graphics, You have to remember that people like me, i have 3 GB of ram and i run 28 fps ingame, my laptop "laptop" has a good processor and its a good laptop but i can barly run ca with out skippyness, when ca first came out i could run smoothly on less than 1 gb of ram, if nexon keeps updating there graphics ill be -9999 fps :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Zithium View Post
    Its gonna die pretty quick regardless, any fps game will struggle to compete straight after the new COD comes out....

But i agree with your points.
    Lol Bad Company 2 survived.
    They released 4 more maps the night before CODBO was released.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by kentonyu View Post
    MW2 is free? you must be smoking crack.
    AlterIWnet
    /'nuff said
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by (>' ')> View Post
    About your graphics, You have to remember that people like me, i have 3 GB of ram and i run 28 fps ingame, my laptop "laptop" has a good processor and its a good laptop but i can barly run ca with out skippyness, when ca first came out i could run smoothly on less than 1 gb of ram, if nexon keeps updating there graphics ill be -9999 fps :P
    FPS can't go into the negatives. It'll just stop at 0, and/or your computer will blow up from the sheer lag

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Meh. CA won't die because its the 2nd, if not 1st most popular FREE fps game out there. Although, most of your points are valid. The only ones that mean anything in truth is the amount of gp weapons and their restrictions, and the hacks. Other than that, CA is gonna be fine. Nexon just needs to add more GP weapons for lower ranks, not just for silver bars and higher. Hacks should be fixed sometime, but I doubt it will be soon. They have a contract with hackshield, they'd be better off with punkbuster or xtrap.

Thanks
    combat arms is free and fully online thats why people play it

the graphics are outdated by 5 years, but do you see any other games update there graphics? no it will be a major overhaul of the ENTIRE game engine

if a weapon is diffrent on nx with camo or silencer, its to give reason why to get nx weapons more

Glitches well theyre in every game you find they stamp them up by time.

Hackers? Call of duty mw2 has hackers , bad company does.....

if modding was to admitted to be legit or something by nexon thingies would go out of control because people can get nx cham mods now

and in short.... NO GAME IS PERFECT ... Specially ones that are constantly updating

Plus nexon has made plenty of improvements to the game

Less Gun Jamming i use to get it often on my 4 gb ram commputer with decents specs LOL
    Less lag fps, or internet
    Balancing issues in rewards,grenade amounts
    and making the quarantine matches more fair

And nexon has made its fair share of bad stufff.
    Last edited by Pindrop; 11-11-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I WOULD COOLS STORY BRAH, BUT I GOT BANNED TWICE FROM IT
    WELL AT LEAST ITS NOT THAT SHITTY LIKE OTHER F2P GAMES LIKE WAR ROCK, SUDDEN ATTACK AND CROSSFIRE, CERTAINLY CA IS ONE OF THE BEST F2P IVE EVER PLAYED AND ITS FREE, SO STOP THE QQ

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    At least it stands somewhere, its above cross fire and sudden attack. Point from pedrogra.
    But yeah, it wont die at the moment. But...

Cod 7 and Halo Reach, they really mess up the gaming community (Among all genres of gaming) It has the worst people playing it. Most trolls XD.
    Guys! Check out some of my guides!

Volume 1. The Ultimate Hacking Guide!
    Approx 2700 Words.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/288-combat...sponsibly.html

Volume 2. The Ultimate Guide for Wise NX Spending!
    Approx 2700 Words.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/288-combat...e-your-nx.html

Upcoming in the "Ultimate Guide Series"
    Project Guides:
    -Volume 3. Ultimate Guide for Wise GP Spending
    -Volume 4. Ultimate Guide for Leveling. (NX and GP Users)
    - Volume 5. Ultimate Guide for Success in Combat Arms.
    -Volume 6. Requests?

SELLING CPT.1 ACCOUNT... URL: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/124-sellin...ml#post3365647

Thanks!
    -Pobs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pindrop View Post
    arms is free and fully online thats why people play it

the graphics are outdated by 5 years, but do you see any other games update there graphics? no it will be a major overhaul of the ENTIRE game engine
    well said.
    but im just stating that technology is adv realy fast and ppl are buying new comps and stuff. And more alter. out there for free. CA is a good game BUT just got bored from being too repetitive.

and if they dont do anythig about lame game contents aka get something fun into the game, they will be dont real soon o.0

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by r3dcomet View Post
    well said.
    but im just stating that technology is adv realy fast and ppl are buying new comps and stuff. And more alter. out there for free. CA is a good game BUT just got bored from being too repetitive.

and if they dont do anythig about lame game contents aka get something fun into the game, they will be dont real soon o.0
    That's why they have things called patches. You also have to take into consider, although higher quality computers are purchased nowadays, people will still be stingy with money and as a result would initially prefer free online games such as Combat Arms. I'm sure they will release new content which will satisfy your preferences. They are also developing their game more rapidly than ever as the graphics have significantly improved compared to beta.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast