Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

And a miracle has happened tonight !!

MPGH is back !! Time to revive the section !!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Good luck and have fun. Btw wrong section

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    Good luck and have fun. Btw wrong section
    Thanks !!
    And I don't think its the time to think of such things. /

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    =D
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hell_Demon For This Useful Post:

NextGen1 (11-28-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Oh. its been so long I didn't even check yesterday.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

7. The Following User Says Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

NextGen1 (11-28-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Oh. its been so long I didn't even check yesterday.
    Same here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I thought the miracle was maybe that NG got his coveted green name... but this is fine I guess.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolland For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (11-28-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolland View Post
    I thought the miracle was maybe that NG got his coveted green name... but this is fine I guess.
    So did I
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    The thing is, the section is extremely dead. I think no one will be getting minion / mod until the section becomes active enough. TBH NG ain't doing anything to make it active. No releases for a long long time. Seen no tutorials. I ain't saying that I've done much, but at least I do releases / tutorials time to time. Plus, Jason is doing lots of effort too. So, there's no point of giving NextGen Mod / Minion again. He already had his try and failed to make it active. The problem is, that the guys here think that just checking the section for spam, flame, leeching etc makes a good mod / minion which is totally wrong. If we look at real programming forums, the mods / minions are beasts at programming and have the guts to run it properly. MPGH needs to understand this approach.

Thanks
    [IMG]https://i283.photobucke*****m/albums/kk306/Leonscookies/128986617457.gif[/IMG]

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Czar For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (11-29-2010),Lolland (11-28-2010),[MPGH]master131 (11-29-2010),NextGen1 (11-29-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xscapism View Post
    The thing is, the section is extremely dead. I think no one will be getting minion / mod until the section becomes active enough. TBH NG ain't doing anything to make it active. No releases for a long long time. Seen no tutorials. I ain't saying that I've done much, but at least I do releases / tutorials time to time. Plus, Jason is doing lots of effort too. So, there's no point of giving NextGen Mod / Minion again. He already had his try and failed to make it active. The problem is, that the guys here think that just checking the section for spam, flame, leeching etc makes a good mod / minion which is totally wrong. If we look at real programming forums, the mods / minions are beasts at programming and have the guts to run it properly. MPGH needs to understand this approach.
    there's no point of giving NextGen Mod
    Disagreed, your opinion doesn't count, gtfo

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blubb1337 For This Useful Post:

Lolland (11-29-2010),NextGen1 (11-29-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
    Disagreed, your opinion doesn't count, gtfo
    Suck more cock bro =)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xscapism View Post

Suck more cock bro =)
    Says the one that hails a pedophile ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    If you can't have an adult argument then either one of you can gtfo.

Now Excapism brings, up a good point, but its one I ultimately don't agree with. More people doesn't not neccessarily make a better section. Now I can tell you, when I first came to this section there may have been 1 or 2 competent coders that posted regularly. I'm talking about ToyMaker and Jetamay for those of you who don't know. Now I know its easy to not see a lot of activity, but both NextGen and I did a lot to improve our respective sections and even the entire forum. The programming section has and will continue you to retain more intelligent coders who are here for the long haul and not just to get someone to fix their hack and just leave.

Now I do wish I myself knew more or there was someone as knowledgeable as NextGen1 is for the C++ forum. You all should be proud to have him. But to go from a forum where people used to post once a week or twice a month, and then only by spammers and leechers. Who gave wrong information to newcomers. To a semi active forum full of intelligent discussion and a place where a newcomer to programming can get real help, well I think that's pretty good for a years time.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

'Bruno (11-29-2010),Hell_Demon (11-29-2010),NextGen1 (11-29-2010),Void (11-29-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    If you can't have an adult argument then either one of you can gtfo.

Now Excapism brings, up a good point, but its one I ultimately don't agree with. More people doesn't not neccessarily make a better section. Now I can tell you, when I first came to this section there may have been 1 or 2 competent coders that posted regularly. I'm talking about ToyMaker and Jetamay for those of you who don't know. Now I know its easy to not see a lot of activity, but both NextGen and I did a lot to improve our respective sections and even the entire forum. The programming section has and will continue you to retain more intelligent coders who are here for the long haul and not just to get someone to fix their hack and just leave.

Now I do wish I myself knew more or there was someone as knowledgeable as NextGen1 is for the C++ forum. You all should be proud to have him. But to go from a forum where people used to post once a week or twice a month, and then only by spammers and leechers. Who gave wrong information to newcomers. To a semi active forum full of intelligent discussion and a place where a newcomer to programming can get real help, well I think that's pretty good for a years time.
    1: Why you mad though ?
    2: More competent coders make a good section. And to make more competent coders, you need to be competent.
    3: Name the improvements you made to make good coders.

Now I do wish I myself knew more or there was someone as knowledgeable as NextGen1 is for the C++ forum. You all should be proud to have him.
    [IMG]https://i305.photobucke*****m/albums/nn209/doubleplusundeadnu/facepalm.jpg[/IMG]

But to go from a forum where people used to post once a week or twice a month, and then only by spammers and leechers. Who gave wrong information to newcomers.
    Name any good site that's giving wrong info to the new comers !! ... ?

To a semi active forum full of intelligent discussion and a place where a newcomer to programming can get real help, well I think that's pretty good for a years time.
    Again, all good sites give real help to new comers as well old comers. So this point is just invalid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast