Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

The Educational System is Flawed.

So ive been starting to realized how truely our eductational system is flawed...for a few reasons.

-A mass teaching philosophy; not all students learn the same way or in the same manner/rate yet the government doesnt give enough of a shit to actually remedy this, they contunie to use "one-size-fits-all" style of teaching.

-Grading; The idea of school is Fucking Learn, not to get a fuckin number for our efforts. Kids dont learn the material because theyre too concentrated on passing the class, if teachers could teach without grades we'd see a jump in learning because kids would be motivated to learning w/o having to freak out before a test because they might "forget something"

-we're forced to take subjects that we dont give two fucking shits about; Most people are either History/English or Science/Math kids, and they do markidly worse in the subjects they arent good in...what are the chances the child is gonna want to contunie with those subjects when they graduate college or while theyre in college?! kids should be allowed to choose their courses like colleges with a major, and a few core classes.

Fuck the educational system.

Zen.
    [IMG]https://i15.photobucke*****m/albums/a359/FISHFROMLC2/ZenSig2.png[/IMG]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zen For This Useful Post:

why06 (12-05-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    I agree with this. But it's something you're going to have to do regardless, because the rules aren't going to change for you. You feel meh.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    I agree with this. But it's something you're going to have to do regardless, because the rules aren't going to change for you. You feel meh.
    With that mentality nothing would ever get changed. Education reform IS possible.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    ik its bullshit though, learning back in the old days when universities were founded in southern spain by the muslims, and in greece, they were about collective learning, not fucking good grades and learning shit we're never gonna use...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    I mean look at my parents, they don't know half the shit that I'm learning in School, because they didn't learn that shit back then, but they still got good paying jobs because that's what they needed to know back then.

Kinda fucked up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Uni's not much different. You have to take a bunch of general courses just so the school can sign u up for 4 years. It fucking bullshit. If there was something I could do about it I would!

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    i mean i want to go into fucking advertising....i dont need to fucking know where RNA is created, or how to find X in a quadratic formula. I believe highschool/middle school should be more like college with a major so you can atleast take majority of classes u want

and isnt that only at liberal arts colleges why?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    i mean i want to go into fucking advertising....i dont need to fucking know where RNA is created, or how to find X in a quadratic formula. I believe highschool/middle school should be more like college with a major so you can atleast take majority of classes u want

and isnt that only at liberal arts colleges why?
    Our school can do that. I can take 3 science classes but sadly I have to take 1 English class every year . I talked to my guidance counselor and he said its perfectly fine since I already have all the credits I need to graduate. After my english of course

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    well ya, after this year im done with Science and Math, but i mean like in college ik kids who only needed one year of science/foriegn language etc.

MPGH should start a fucking petition, 617,000 people are hard to ignore...

"Be the change you wish to see" -Ghandi (if im not mistaken)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussofresh View Post
    Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle
    Preach it Reverend. Amen! Hallelujah!

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    i say we try and get education reform, start a petition email congressmen...no one ik cares enough to try n do something in real life...like i said they cant ignore half a million people.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Hustle yo money up

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Change does roll. You just needa know wtf to change.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    That's true, I hate math.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast