Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    WE HAVE A HELP SECTION YOU KNOW!

/MOVED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by SNal2F View Post
    your inability to use google is no one elses fault.....simple google vtable hook or detouring should be suffecient enough.May want to freshen up on your reversing skills before moving to this area.

something you may want to look at so youn freshhen up is look at this see if you could in olly reverse that and rebuild that class.

Learn from it.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/207-combat...ml#post3212260

lol I think 6 years with reversing is fresh enough don't you?
    I think you may have mis understood my question, I just said no one explains why and what this LTClient is, when its clearly not needed because from what I understand the end result(hooking the d3d9 function) is the same. Only reason I can think of because I don't have an understanding of LTClient is that its some sort of bypass, which would then make unrelated to hooking... By the way hooking and detouring is the same last I time read an article on C.

As you already know I dont write in C language and I don't feel I need to learn it, Even tho I will start and learn some of the syntax, The Delphi hacks I made was from reversing the C++ hacks and then translating them into Delphi.

Also when talking about hooking EndScene and I describe a different way it completely confused some people and they started talking about LTClient, And Like I have pointed and proven LTClient has nothing to do with with hooking the d3d9 function, So I still don't get why no one has explained what LTClient is and why its used... It has nothing to do with reversing because I could call any address a name, doesn't mean I should know what it does...

Just for the record incase you need to know my Reversing background

P.s I dont like your google comment, Why should i google "LTClient" when this forum is meant to be what I suspect to get from google results? How about you go and google FuckWit and im sure your name will be in the first top 10 results...

- ARTeam
    - Team iNFECTion
    - SnD
    - Team RED
    - Team LnDL

I am member at all these Reversing forums and have been for the last 5+ years
    Last edited by Departure; 12-10-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Departure View Post
    lol I think 6 years with reversing is fresh enough don't you?
    I think you may have mis understood my question, I just said no one explains why and what this LTClient is, when its clearly not needed because from what I understand the end result(hooking the d3d9 function) is the same. Only reason I can think of because I don't have an understanding of LTClient is that its some sort of bypass, which would then make unrelated to hooking... By the way hooking and detouring is the same last I time read an article on C.

As you already know I dont write in C language and I don't feel I need to learn it, Even tho I will start and learn some of the syntax, The Delphi hacks I made was from reversing the C++ hacks and then translating them into Delphi.

Also when talking about hooking EndScene and I describe a different way it completely confused some people and they started talking about LTClient, And Like I have pointed and proven LTClient has nothing to do with with hooking the d3d9 function, So I still don't get why no one has explained what LTClient is and why its used... It has nothing to do with reversing because I could call any address a name, doesn't mean I should know what it does...

Just for the record incase you need to know my Reversing background

P.s I dont like your google comment, Why should i google "LTClient" when this forum is meant to be what I suspect to get from google results? How about you go and google FuckWit and im sure your name will be in the first top 10 results...

- ARTeam
    - Team iNFECTion
    - SnD
    - Team RED
    - Team LnDL

I am member at all these Reversing forums and have been for the last 5+ years
    you have been reversing for 5+ years yet can not reverse a class?

iltclient pointer is what it says

ILTCLIENT * P;

p->PUSHTOCONSOLE("COMMAND 0");/ so fucking hard to understand

@ D3D ITS THE SAME FUCKING WAY! big shot reverser bp the return see where it gets called and trace back. frankly if you have been reversing for 5 years you suck.Your way of hook endscene is nothing new or inventive. Pro tip if you cant find reference Break point are your friend... but i mean i forgot your such a great reverser.

and at detour vs vtable

it is the same in a sense but not ... detour hooks ten to hook in the function, vtable is redirecting the pointer to your own function.

@ this: you cant even reverse a function or a class dont hype our self up with respectable groups.
    - ARTeam
    - Team iNFECTion
    - SnD
    - Team RED
    - Team LnDL

@ D3D peopel brought it up cuz you wanted a hook to use PTC ...no shit they bring it up

seriously 6 years of reversing and you dont know to break a return.......i leaving it at that.
    Last edited by SNal2F; 12-10-2010 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    what are you on about reversing a class? it has nothing to do with what we are talking about, The vtable is just a pointer to the function, whats the big deal? I did'nt touch Engine. As for Quote"p->PUSHTOCONSOLE("COMMAND 0");" that makes no sense you saying it not hard to understand, geeez I could name anything a pushtoconsole doesn't mean shit, as a matter of fact I first did it in pure assembly which made a lot more sense since people like your self where not willing to explain... My point being if your not going to help this guy in the original post, then don't bother posting useless crap, and link to shit that has nothing to do with his question, Ofcause you wanted to show of your class but you already have done that on a number of other posts.

and wtf is this "Detour Vs VTable"??? Like I said no one has explained LTClient let alone what the meaning of it is, So yeah ofcause im going to get the function addresses from what you idiots call a VTable(its nothing more than a pointer)

Quote"detour hooks ten to hook in the function, vtable is redirecting the pointer to your own function" its the same thing, the original function never gets called untill you pass it on in your hooked callback... I dont see what hooking a pointer to hooking the actual function address should change anything, Only thing is if HachShield keeps away from the "Vtable" it should be undetected, otherwise I know hack shield are either scanning or hooking the EndScene function them selfs, but strange they don't with Present.. Still no explaination of what this LTCLient is or even what it stands for...

//Edit
    I do apologize for getting off topic, and please do not take offence SNalF2 I just get tiered of watching people ask as this topic starter has done only to be told Quote "learn C++" blahh blahh "Google" blahh blahh, When someone has the knowledge to help them out but wont. I have always passed on any Information I might have learnt or have been shown to anyone who asks, People seem to forget they where in the same boat when they first started, The only reason I can see why people wouldn't help there fellow forum members out is because they don't understand them selfs... Which I have seen alot of here

P.s Dont assume because someone doesn't know a particular subject(in my case D3D) that they dont know what they are doing, Because I can promise you when it comes to encrypted Algorithms and other non D3d topics dealing with reversing you will be asking me questions....
    Last edited by Departure; 12-10-2010 at 04:42 AM.

Thanks
    Yall type stories when yall post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    what are you on about reversing a class? it has nothing to do with what we are talking about, The vtable is just a pointer to the function, whats the big deal? I did'nt touch Engine. As for Quote"p->PUSHTOCONSOLE("COMMAND 0");" that makes no sense you saying it not hard to understand, geeez I could name anything a pushtoconsole doesn't mean shit, as a matter of fact I first did it in pure assembly which made a lot more sense since people like your self where not willing to explain... My point being if your not going to help this guy in the original post, then don't bother posting useless crap, and link to shit that has nothing to do with his question, Ofcause you wanted to show of your class but you already have done that on a number of other posts.

and wtf is this "Detour Vs VTable"??? Like I said no one has explained LTClient let alone what the meaning of it is, So yeah ofcause im going to get the function addresses from what you idiots call a VTable(its nothing more than a pointer)

Quote"detour hooks ten to hook in the function, vtable is redirecting the pointer to your own function" its the same thing, the original function never gets called untill you pass it on in your hooked callback... I dont see what hooking a pointer to hooking the actual function address should change anything, Only thing is if HachShield keeps away from the "Vtable" it should be undetected, otherwise I know hack shield are either scanning or hooking the EndScene function them selfs, but strange they don't with Present.. Still no explaination of what this LTCLient is or even what it stands for...

//Edit
    I do apologize for getting off topic, and please do not take offence SNalF2 I just get tiered of watching people ask as this topic starter has done only to be told Quote "learn C++" blahh blahh "Google" blahh blahh, When someone has the knowledge to help them out but wont. I have always passed on any Information I might have learnt or have been shown to anyone who asks, People seem to forget they where in the same boat when they first started, The only reason I can see why people wouldn't help there fellow forum members out is because they don't understand them selfs... Which I have seen alot of here

P.s Dont assume because someone doesn't know a particular subject(in my case D3D) that they dont know what they are doing, Because I can promise you when it comes to encrypted Algorithms and other non D3d topics dealing with reversing you will be asking me questions....

Damned no hobbies ?

Thanks Cosmos

Thanks

//Edit

Like I said no one has explained LTClient let alone what the meaning of it is, So yeah ofcause im going to get the function addresses from what you idiots call a VTable(its nothing more than a pointer)

VTable is named because virtual method in the class the first pinter will be pointer to all other virtual methods. Alot of poeple use this terminology might as well get use to it.

LTClient is interface class of the lithtech engine in the cshell when a function is passed it calls just like a virtual function.

LTClient * pLTClient;

pLTClient->PTC("dosomething")//cshell

class LTClient
    {
    pub

pad[0x208];
    virtual PTC(szCommand);//130 0x208

};

i just dont get what is so hard to understand?

@ the giving INFO its common but had OP used the search button answer is here! Had the OP looked at the function for 5 seconds and knew what they were doing they wouldnt have posted..... redundancy gets old granted we were all new I always suggest starting w/ open source apps to help people.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SNal2F For This Useful Post:

Departure (12-11-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Nothing hard, Only hard thing is getting someone to actually explain it...Thanks for clearing that up..... Finally

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    You guys wasted 10-15 minutes of your lives writing these stories =/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    and you just wasted 10 secs of my life reading your useless posts during this thread...

If you have nothing to bring to the table stay the fuck out....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12