Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

How to run a hack (and a few fixes if it doesn't work)

A very simply, newbie guide on how to hack If you think anything should be added, fixed or updated just help me by speaking your mind My updated pictures will be coming as soon as the attachments are back up!

A big thanks goes to Scruffy (his huge guide), Liz and Helger, whose material and tutorials got mashed together and repackaged with some new stuff

1 Getting the hack
    When people want to hack they actually need 2 things: the hack and the injector. The hack is a dynamic-link library file (.dll extension, which gives the short name "dll file") whilst the injector is a normal program (.exe extension, a normal executable file). Both can be found in the main WarRock section. When picking a hack you must make sure that it's not detected or patched - to do so simply check the last page or two and see what people say about the hack.
    To make life easier you can find an updated list of injectors here: Injectors, tools, runtimes and drivers.

When you download a hack or injector you usually get an archive - a .rar or .zip file. These must be opened with a suitable program. Personally I suggest you use WinRAR, the download link can be found in Injectors, tools, runtimes and drivers. Once you open them you have an option to extract the files within and then you should end up with the real hack files.

2 Running the injector
    Most injectors require you to give them the same file name as the hack. So, as I will show in the case of the MPGH injector, we rename the hack and injector so that they have the "same" name - for example "hack17421.dll" for the hack and "hack17421.exe" for the injector.

Please note that if you can't see file extensions (the .dll and .exe at the end of the name), don't add .dll and .exe when you rename! In that case you would just name the hack "hack17421" and the injector "hack17421".

Once you are done renaming the hack and the injector make sure to also run the latter! If you are using Vista or 7 make sure you run the injector as an admin. Also make sure that you close any antivirus program since they tend to pick up and block injectors (false positives, injectors work like viruses). Also several instant messaging programs, especially Xfire, tend to disrupt hacks so, if possible, try to disable them (Xfire, TS, WLM (MSN), Yahoo Ms, AIM...).

If you are using a 64bit system you may need to use a 64bit injector like Naeron's injector (usually supplied with the hacks).

An example of the renamed AeroMan's injector:
    Without file extensions:

With file extension:

Running the injector as an admin on Windows Vista or 7:

3 Running the game
    Alrighty, so the injector is running, all we need to do now is run the game! So just normally run the game and be patient. Once Hackshield starts loading it's normal for the injector to disappear or give a notice that the hack has been injected. When you're using hacks you're probably (especially on older machines) notice that the game tends to take longer to load or even freezes during loading. Don't panic - it's normal! If the game seems to be laggier than usual in game you can try lowering the settings or optimizing your system, sometimes you might even want to consider using a different hack (not all hacks are equally demanding).

4 In game
    Okay, so we're in game and we want to show those kids who's boss, right? So now depending on what kind of hack you have (nomenu / d3d) you have a different selection of hacks and options to control the hacks at your disposal. If you're using a nomenu you're either faced with having all the hacks already enabled or having to use hotkeys to enable hacks (numpad keys or keys like control, delete, home, insert...). Most nomenu hacks don't feature any "VIP" or "d3d" hacks, just basic features like superjump, no fall damage, 5th slot, visual hacks...

On the other hand d3d hacks or menu hacks usually have a sexy menu that is usually brought up by pressing insert or delete and that is navigated by the arrow keys. Such hacks usually offer a larger selection of hacks - from d3d features to VIP stuff to all the "normal" hacks.

5 Whooops, something went wrong?
    Here are a few things that can go wrong and a list of fixes:
    • The hack simply doesn't work
      • Update your runtimes and drivers and try again (Injectors, tools, runtimes and drivers)
      • The hack is outdated - it's patched or detected (most cases)
      • The hack simply doesn't work on your system (e.g. sometimes hacks don't work on 64 bit systems, sometimes they don't work on XP, sometimes they don't work on Vista/7)
      • The injector doesn't work on your system (e.g. some injectors don't work on 64 bit systems with d3d hacks)
    • I can't download the hack or injector
      • Make sure that the hack or injector have been approved (above the download links it may say "pending approval"), if they aren't wait for a minion, mod or admin to check them and approve them
      • Make sure that you verified your account - if it says "unverified user" under your name when you post it means that you need to check your email and activate your account
    Last edited by Alen; 04-09-2011 at 06:56 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

167ow8qj (06-21-2011),70mGv (04-11-2011),Destoval (12-17-2010),eenerd35 (02-04-2011),ropsu678 (04-13-2011),Toservou (03-29-2011),twizzler33 (02-13-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    nice tutrial but i think everyone knows that

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fishka For This Useful Post:

70mGv (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by fishka View Post
    nice tutrial but i think everyone knows that
    Most people do, but the people that just started hacking may not really know what to do. So it's better to give them a tutorial than just let them experiment and give up

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

167ow8qj (06-21-2011),70mGv (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Good job again
    I'm bored of all newphags who don't know how to run hack
    [IMG]https://i1171.photobucke*****m/albums/r543/Ferzato/separator.png[/IMG]

Former Middleman
    07-07-2011 - 09-13-2011

[IMG]https://i1171.photobucke*****m/albums/r543/Ferzato/separator.png[/IMG]

MSN: mpgh.flash@msn.com

“I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.”
    - Eminem

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Useful Post:

70mGv (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    copy paste from scruffy
    Hmm.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Snape For This Useful Post:

70mGv (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Helger View Post
    copy paste from scruffy
    Hmm.
    100% original, the only thing that was copied was Liz's IM list (~8 words?) and Scruffy's pics. I'll replace those once I get freedompeace to make the new official injector or if we end up using Brent's one.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

70mGv (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheCamels8 For This Useful Post:

70mGv (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    I can't seem to get ANY No Menu hack to work.
    It says Injection Sucessful, but the hacks don't work. (I know theres no menu)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to darky1 For This Useful Post:

70mGv (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    i need help when i run a hack it works but when i try to use menu it laggs like i cant even go to another hack i haft to click the down arrow like 100 times before it moves

18. The Following User Says Thank You to chr1s1 For This Useful Post:

70mGv (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    thanks for this and hope newones will see this before post;D
    It always starts with one thing...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Shinoda For This Useful Post:

70mGv (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    i cant get hacks with menus to work!
    i inject seems to work, and i can see the game load with the menu on the top corner.
    But when it comes to the login, it crashes...
    i have been looking on the comments to the hacks, and they are not detected...
    (sorry, if my english is bad)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sveinparty For This Useful Post:

70mGv (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by sveinparty View Post
    i cant get hacks with menus to work!
    i inject seems to work, and i can see the game load with the menu on the top corner.
    But when it comes to the login, it crashes...
    i have been looking on the comments to the hacks, and they are not detected...
    (sorry, if my english is bad)
    Are the comments recent? And be aware that sometimes it just gets detected faster for some people. Check the tutorial section for Ecstasy's tutorial on keeping a hack undetected for as long as possible

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

70mGv (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    that will help some ppl in here thanx for the post good job mate

Thanks
    can you make a video of the tutorial please?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Coeus You Type Wrong Spelling you type : With file exteniosn:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast