Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Lightbulb Zombie Mode Reticle's

I've been trying to figure out how to put the "Zombie Mode Exclusive" reticles into the Multiplayer by replacing ones that I would never use anyways.
    Started with weapon_reticle_yinyang and weapon_reticle_zom_triangle, making triangle the replacement for yinyang.
    Followed the Texture Modding Tutorial here step by step and got it working in Combat Training, but when i try to join a server before it loads i get APPHANG and have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get outta the game. Not to sure what to do now cause I'm new to trying this myself but I have dealt with texture modding in games for a while now. Any help in figuring this out would be highly appreciated.
    Oh and these are the only ones that I have been able to successively use in Combat Training so far.
    [IMG]https://i175.photobucke*****m/albums/w156/MuDd6669/BlackOps%20Stuff/ZMR.gif[/IMG]
    Last edited by H00d1y; 01-02-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: attached picture file

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Upload your screenshot to PicDrop | Drop your memories, drop your life. and share the link please.

Thanks
    I took a look at the files and I am fairly sure you may be saving them wrong. The files are saved in an RGB8 format. Meaning if you can not get the Hex, and then CRC right, you will not be able to get into public matches.

Forgot to add, that I tried editing it myself, and could not get it to save at all. All the formats and variations of MIPmaps that i could save into, were not good enough as they were different sizes from the original.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Talking

The picture file was just the reticles that i was able to get working in Combat Training. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Yea I was having that same problem derpderp, so I just made a copy of the file then renamed it and fixed up the Hex with the first 30 copied over from the original and ran it through the CRC fixer. Thats how I got them to work in Combat Training at least, still working on getting them for public matches tho.

Thanks
    Are you sure that you are getting the hex editing and the CRC fixing right? Because that sounds to me to be the only problem you are having if you are just renaming them.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    While going back over the Hex editing I noticed that the first 3 rows of the Hex are identical to each other!?!
    Plus are there any other ways of fixing the CRC other then CRCFixer?
    I'm going to keep trying at this untill I can get it right.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H00d1y View Post
    While going back over the Hex editing I noticed that the first 3 rows of the Hex are identical to each other!?!
    Plus are there any other ways of fixing the CRC other then CRCFixer?
    I'm going to keep trying at this untill I can get it right.
    Make sure that you delete the last 4 bytes in the file before doing the CRC fix.

But if you are just renaming you really shouldnt have to worry about hex editing. The CRC fixer that came with the tools pack works just fine.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    wich iw_ file ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    The weapon_reticle files are located in iw_07. I'm going to try some more to get it working today.

EDIT: Now I can't even get into combat training at all.
    It just keeps giving me the error saying it cannot load file......
    Last edited by H00d1y; 01-04-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks
    did you try replacing the actual overlay/layer of the reticle onto the normal MP ones then saving it and the rest of the process?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toobanooba View Post
    did you try replacing the actual overlay/layer of the reticle onto the normal MP ones then saving it and the rest of the process?
    thats the problem. You cant save it to the right format. At least I cant.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    thats the problem. You cant save it to the right format. At least I cant.
    ah k i see.
    so if you guys are following the tutorial ( alpha channels save as this etc etc)..then what if we don't save it how were meant to then code the rest?.. crc etc..?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toobanooba View Post
    ah k i see.
    so if you guys are following the tutorial ( alpha channels save as this etc etc)..then what if we don't save it how were meant to then code the rest?.. crc etc..?
    Well saving as other formats will give you a fairly big difference in size. I tried D.X.T.5 and 1 with/without mipmaps and they all had the same errors. iwi_x_dds says that its saved in RGB8 format.

Its funny because in MW2 there were files that we could not mod because the converter did not support them, even though we could save them as the right file type. Now its backwards
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    Well saving as other formats will give you a fairly big difference in size. I tried D.X.T.5 and 1 with/without mipmaps and they all had the same errors. iwi_x_dds says that its saved in RGB8 format.

Its funny because in MW2 there were files that we could not mod because the converter did not support them, even though we could save them as the right file type. Now its backwards
    okay i have another theory..
    what if the reticles from black ops is the same method as making scopes for mw2..the same method..or has this been tried already?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    I'm not sure but you never know unless you try, I wasn't around during that time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast