Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    yea, where'd those come from?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Imperva has released a list of the 20 most commonly used (and therefore worst) passwords, culled from a hacking incident that took place in December at RockYou.com, a photo-sharing and slideshow site. Reportedly, 32 million usernames and passwords were breached.

Imperva posted a summary of the passwords, along with advice on how to create stronger passwords.

The most common passwords are as follows. Is yours among them?

Password
    iloveyou
    princess
    abc123
    Nicole
    Daniel
    babygirl
    monkey
    Jessica
    Lovely
    michael
    Ashley
    Qwerty
    So out of 32 million ppl, these were the most commonly used passwords.

I read the article last year sometime, I found a snippet by searching just now, just search google for the information,
    Last edited by NextGen1; 01-08-2011 at 09:13 AM.

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

omg

I don't wanna be a dog in the manger but sorry that is just that annoying to hear things like BRUTEFORCE -.-.

My opinion for Bruteforce: NEVER NEVER NEVER use Bruteforce if you can search for or invent a better and intelligent algorithm!!!

You can affect such a dramatical speed advantage with using (or finding) better algorithms that you can never get with buying a better pc or so.

Normal Home PCs can try about 80,000,000 key/s and with a 128bit (WEP) key there are
    2^128 combinations = 3.40282367 × 10^38

divided by 80,000,000 it would result in
    4.25352959 × 10^30s

/2 for average /3600 for hours /24 for days /365 for years
    it is:
    6.74392692 × 10^22 = 67439269200000000000000 years

good Luck with Bruteforce =)

BUT:
    There are ways to get into a WEP secure net in less than 1 min.

I don't wanna support attacks on WEP secure nets these are just information I give you
    Last edited by doofbla; 01-09-2011 at 04:10 AM.

READING TUTORIAL:

1. READ MY POST
    2. THINK ABOUT MY POST
    3. PRESS THANKS
    4. MAYBE CORRECT MY POSTS :P

Dijkstra:
    "Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
    telescopes."

THANKS BUTTON RIGHT DOWN --->

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    what you actually said is the obvious.. not even needed to those maths.

And ofc there is ways.. i posted a example: thc-hydra
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 'Bruno For This Useful Post:

NextGen1 (01-09-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    We all (or most know) of 100's of ways into secure wep, and like my friend Brinuz says, it's obvious, in fact (as I can recall) there are numerous applications for idevice and android devices that allow you to easily enter a secure wep.

Bruteforce may not be practical, but usually effective.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

'Bruno (01-09-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    effective???

that ma friend is definitly not right! Bruteforce is the most uneffective attack that you can do
    (if you measure the effectivity on the needed time for a effective attack)

READING TUTORIAL:

1. READ MY POST
    2. THINK ABOUT MY POST
    3. PRESS THANKS
    4. MAYBE CORRECT MY POSTS :P

Dijkstra:
    "Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
    telescopes."

THANKS BUTTON RIGHT DOWN --->

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by doofbla View Post
    effective???

that ma friend is definitly not right! Bruteforce is the most uneffective attack that you can do
    (if you measure the effectivity on the needed time for a effective attack)
    Ok, Consider this my less then informed friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Definition
    Effective: producing or capable of producing an intended result or having a striking effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Definition
    Practical: concerned with actual use or practice;
    Is BruteForce a Effective attack?

Well, that depends, are you attacking a network or attacking a server, or site.

That is the only place where effectiveness can be questioned, the reason, most systems now and days check for a succession of failed password attempts.

But in the question of Network and or Wireless Encryption, then obviously the result is effective by definition.

Other then the proposed theory dubbed "Von Neumann-Landauer Limit" (which states that brute force is not effective with 128bit encryption) However, the thoery can be crushed because WEP uses either 64 bit or 128 bit keys.BUT the keys are not actually in the number of bits proclaimed, since a 24-bit Initialization Vector (IV) is used, which will provide randomness. So the "real key" is actually 40 or 104 bits long and because of the concept of Psudeo Random (the ability for a computer to actual generate a random key) it becomes even easier.

I tested aircrack a while ago to test the WEP on a network at a local church (to test security of network as favor) With airstrike I received a key within seconds (45 to be exact).

When dealing with more elaborate security it may take a day or two, however, (as I stated) it is not practical, but Effective by definition, just ask the thousands upon thousands of PBX boxes compromised last year by port sniffing and brute forcing which lead to nationwide identity and credit card theft. , ask RockYou, ask Yahoo Mail members , ask AT&T who's php ports were sniffed and then access personal information on Idevices. The recent list goes on and on, not to mention the past.

Fact, Brute force is effective, BUT, because of the time it MAY take, it is not practical, which is exactly what I said in a few sentences last post I made, but apparently it required more detail for you to understand.

Sorry about that.
    Last edited by NextGen1; 01-10-2011 at 04:24 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (01-11-2011),sythe179 (01-12-2011),why06 (01-10-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Well said. I never got into networking and packet spoofing, but all this talk is getting me insterested. I read a little bit on IP/TCP and apparently there's all these Daemons running in the background which handle communication, but I'd like to read up on packet spoofing, that could prove beneficial to the stuff Im doing right now.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (01-11-2011),NextGen1 (01-10-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    why06, have a look at a program called WPE pro.
    shows the fundamentals of packet-sniffing and editing. (W7 combatable)

well as i said at page 1 and 2, bruteforcing is one way of doing it.
    if there are programs for other phones, can you see if theres sorce code to em?
    or can you get a copy and see if theres a way to decompile em?

theres a few ways of doing this, and bruteforcing has been astablished as the long-way around.
    its effective, but time-consuming. and if you leave that node, you'd have to be able to save what you got upto or you gota do it all again.

another way is dictionary hacking. (or cracking)
    not as effective, but less time consuming depending on how big your initial dictionary file is. ther located remotely (not sure about that) or localy on the phone, and could be split up into a group of files for faster cracking if your not always around the node.

packet-sniffing would probably be a bit harder on a phone, but i'v read it is possible.
    phreaking as its known i think......could be modify'd to pick up the password checks of a node, but would require like a HEAP of signels to be sent at 1 time. not sure of a 7.5megabit phone could chuck enough out, while also reading that many and saving/displaying them. again, if anybody has any ideas towards these ideas, post away.

^.^
    Last edited by sythe179; 01-12-2011 at 07:59 AM. Reason: why06 comment added

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sythe179 For This Useful Post:

NextGen1 (01-13-2011),why06 (01-12-2011)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12