Thread: Weapon modding.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Weapon modding.

Just posting in a dead section for those who still like Alien Swarm.
    This tutorial is newbie friendly and very easy to follow.

To mod a weapon's damage, reload speed, clip size and fire rate, navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\alien swarm\swarm\scripts, or where ever your alien swarm file is located. Once inside the folder find the weapon you want to edit and edit the values you wish to change.

All weapon files are stored as text files and can be modified using any type of text editor, such as Notepad, Microsoft Word, or Wordpad. Any other text editor will work fine. All weapon files will start with asw_weapon, followed by the name of weapon. Backup any file you plan to edit. Simply copy and paste the original file to your desktop or any location you will remember, before you edit it.

You can not play with other players if you are using modified data of any type. You can still play online but only by yourself. Go into game options\keyboard and mouse, now check the box that says allow developer console. Open your console by press the tilde key (`) located to the left of the 1 key on your keyboard and type asw_ignore_two_player_requirement 1, while in you created game's lobby.

You can how ever add bots to you game with the console command cl_selectm # -1. Replace # with the ID number of the bot you would like to add. Id numbers are as follows.
    0 - Sarge
    1 - Wildcat
    2 - Faith
    3 - Crash
    4 - Jaeger
    5 - Wolfe
    8 - Bastille
    9 - Vegas

In addition, the bot commands do not require the sv_cheats command to be used and can only be used in the pre-game lobby, they will also be automatically kicked to make room for real life players.

I am still trying to find the character files that store the health values and the mission files that store the EXP for completing the level, if anyone else as the info I am looking for, please post it here.
    Last edited by fatbox187; 01-12-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks
    did u make this yourself?If not, then post credits.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Very well done and once you post whether you did it or leeched it i will thank you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    sorry for such a long wait on this reply. Credits for bot values go to an unnamed source off the net, everything else is mine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    lol its ok, good job though