Thread: jedi masters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

jedi masters

so who was your "teacher" or anybody that significantly helped you out to get to where you are now in relation to graphics if none how was it and what was your motivation to keep going back when you still sucked
    Edit:and reason why you continue now as opposed to having lost interest in this
    /discuss whatever shenanigans
    Last edited by Fjsieb; 01-14-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    EnergyK, whom I revered as a god, helped me immensely in early 2010.
    I miss that guy.
    Then, I had a few sessions with the infamous Amanda, one-on-one, and that helped me quite a bit in terms of getting started with Cinema. However, it was short-lived, as issues in her life arose.
    I don't really know where my motivation came from...originally it was getting on the team, but that died even before I was given a spot.
    Lots of times we credit trying hard to dealing with the insults and flames on the grounds that we'll one day prove them wrong.
    But that really only started happening once I was better, and the people making the flames were my friends (lol...).
    I still don't know where my motivation comes from.
    I just keep going.
    Not really sure why.
    Last edited by Ryan; 01-14-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    sigtutorials.com

then some tuts here, then on bk when i joined there
    shayne has helped me alot along the way aswell, and a whole heap of TiK psds

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    No one really sat down and taught me one on one. I just got random Cnc from members of this community and just went on from there. I guess that's why I still have problems creating a decent piece of work.

My computer graphics teacher and I kind of taught one another so idk if that really counts here.
    [IMG]https://i238.photobucke*****m/albums/ff303/colby1666/Signatures/DayDream-1.png[/IMG]
    x x x x x x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryguy View Post
    My computer graphics teacher and I kind of taught one another so idk if that really counts here.
    Lol that's pathetic.

Thanks
    I self-taught a lot of my skills. Didn't ever have the patience to go through a PSD or tutorial. No real motivation. I just have random bursts of inspiration which I put to use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Lol that's pathetic.
    Yea he knew a lot of stuff (i knew most too) but i was doing like simple stuff like making a circle with the selection tool and then use the same tool to subtract a circle from it making a like crescent shape. He was amazed.
    [IMG]https://i238.photobucke*****m/albums/ff303/colby1666/Signatures/DayDream-1.png[/IMG]
    x x x x x x

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjsieb View Post
    so who was your "teacher" or anybody that significantly helped you out to get to where you are now in relation to graphics if none how was it and what was your motivation to keep going back when you still sucked
    Edit:and reason why you continue now as opposed to having lost interest in this
    /discuss whatever shenanigans
    no1 :/ .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    For me there was no one significant
    And Ryguy refuses to teach me anything though I doubt that would happen
    Scr's criticism was good too
    Last edited by Fjsieb; 01-15-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Self-taught.
    With some random CnC here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousArt
    And I've been doing photoshop work for a very long time, and I've never heard of BLANE.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Self-taught.
    With some random CnC here and there.
    dont forget my continous flaming and put downs

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrcrw For This Useful Post:

Matt (01-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    self taught in the most sense. Got interested in the category of "digital art" after a while of doing traditional art (watercolor, stucco painting, etc.). Found a site which is now dead, which was mainly for hacking, much like MPGH. My primary "teacher", in any sense, was this fellow named akros, who got me started with the basics. I came to MPGH in the fall of '08, and then my primary attention went to EnergyK(a.k.a. Kyle), who was pretty much someone really revered in my time as a graphic artist. Followed his tutorials, got a few teamviewer sessions, and shane also helped out quite a bit. It was nice to watch scrcrw get better along time, because when he arrived, I saw mon visage on someone else. Graphics here is really tightly knitted, and everyone knows each other one way or another. It's a fascinating experience really, and I was thrilled to be a part of this community, although there were times where I got back to my ordinary life and took a hiatus.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I got inspired by Graphics when I saw chrono's work in '07.
    I always wanted to do the same as he did, but I didn't even know how to start.
    When I got back in '08, I saw Jo3, and he was my second source of inspiration.
    He and Iwin helped me getting started, and then Cruel.RJizzle helped me out a lot with teamviewer and PM's.
    I then tried to do shit on my own, which didn't turn out that well, but I always had my friends who backed me up.

Nowadays, my sources of inspiration are:
    -Leon
    -Shayne &
    -Ethereal.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjsieb View Post
    For me there was no one significant
    And Ryguy refuses to teach me anything though I doubt that would happen
    you never told me what you needed help with. so far you've been teaching me lmao.
    x x x x x x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I read a bunch of tuts on dA, then started to download as psd's as possible as that was the best way for me to learn, and it still is.

As far as being taught goes, no one has really taught me. People have helped me with critique and stuff like that but nothing beyond that.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast