Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Secret Life of Chaos

Kay, I thought it would be nice to have a decent debate or at least chat about something without having to see everyone QQ and point fingers. So it's simple, watch the vid (I promise it's not that bad, I personally kinda liked it) and post your thoughts or opinions, comment what was said or on what others think, do not claim something is true or wrong based on your knowledge, give us some evidence.

Do not go QQing about religion, I don't give a fuck if God didn't want you to think.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    This guy's accent is fucking awesome, Im only at 36:00 Alt tabbing while watching.
    I like his explanation of the Zinc Iron and air making up humans though. :/

AMG The part where he talks about computers and show their reactions is awesome And it started walking at the 20th Generation, it's amazing... Someone else should watch this..
    Last edited by Spartanlol; 01-21-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanlol View Post
    This guy's accent is fucking awesome, Im only at 36:00 Alt tabbing while watching.
    I like his explanation of the Zinc Iron and air making up humans though. :/

AMG The part where he talks about computers and show their reactions is awesome And it started walking at the 20th Generation, it's amazing... Someone else should watch this..
    Note: don't skip the intro, you're gonna lose some context for the whole Turing thing and the morphogenesis / self-organization.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    Note: don't skip the intro, you're gonna lose some context for the whole Turing thing and the morphogenesis / self-organization.
    I'll go back, I only missed about 2 miniute's, I just finished the Part where the 20th Generation are getting shot, practically done.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    will watch later, but currently not enough time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Saw it a while back. Pretty decent but then again I don't make a habit of watching too many documentaries. Just feels like research for the lazy.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Saw it a while back. Pretty decent but then again I don't make a habit of watching too many documentaries. Just feels like research for the lazy.
    Meh, I had to suggest a documentary to watch for a philosophy debate and then I remembered I might as well post it here. It's not really so much about learning new things than their interesting way of connecting stuff. But yeah, I know it's got its flaws imo, shame noone wants to talk about it >_>

Thanks
    The major problem is that no one will watch a 1 hour long documentary just to have a discussion about philosophy on this website...

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
    The major problem is that no one will watch a 1 hour long documentary just to have a discussion about philosophy on this website...
    Hell, I watched a guy babble nonsense about atheists being wrong for 3/4 of an hour - I think at least some guys here could do themselves a favour and watch a reasonably interesting documentary

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Awesome video. I don't have much to say on it. However, if you'd like a philosophy debate/discussion I would be more than happy to post a few philosophical essays I wrote last year. One is on Metaphysics, the other discusses the questions "How do we know what we know?" and "How can we be certain of all knowledge?"

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about the video more deeply, isn't simply watching the still solutions (which oscillate and create ripples, etc..) proof enough that Order and Chaos cannot exist without eachother? Watching the solutions, you are simultaneously witnessing nature's power to create pattern and structure as well as chaotic event, in that the solution is in an Orderly state until the patterns/oscillations begin?
    Last edited by Speedy1515; 01-21-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Joining League of Legends? Register here!

If you haven't seen it already, check out Ultimate Guitar for Tabs, Forums, and many other learning tools/utilities

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    That was a great documentary. I really envy Alan Turing's intelligence. I became a fan of him last year when I was working on an AI project and came to know that he had set a standard for AI [Turing Test]. This documentary showed the real him. As for the theme of the video, I had always loved science and will continue to do. It's one of the best gifts of God for us. God created the rules and humans are researching and revealing them. And for the evolution part, it had many flaws. Like, at one point he said: It's funny how we wrote algorithms but they didn't follow it. Humans learn from experiences and improve themselves, but there is always a starting point. Anyways, I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
    I always watch good documentaries. It's always worth it.
    Last edited by Hassan; 01-22-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    <-- that's me for an hour after I watched it last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
    That was a great documentary. I really envy Alan Turing's intelligence. I became a fan of him last year when I was working on an AI project and came to know that he had set a standard for AI [Turing Test]. This documentary showed the real him. As for the theme of the video, I had always loved science and will continue to do. It's one of the best gifts of God for us. God created the rules and humans are researching and revealing them. And for the evolution part, it had many flaws. Like, at one point he said: It's funny how we wrote algorithms but they didn't follow it. Humans learn from experiences and improve themselves, but there is always a starting point. Anyways, I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
    No offense, but Science itself is created by man. The laws discovered by man.(although always existed)

And I doubt God would just go "oh look you discovered a little secret i had, good job".[/COLOR]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1515 View Post
    Awesome video. I don't have much to say on it. However, if you'd like a philosophy debate/discussion I would be more than happy to post a few philosophical essays I wrote last year. One is on Metaphysics, the other discusses the questions "How do we know what we know?" and "How can we be certain of all knowledge?"

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about the video more deeply, isn't simply watching the still solutions (which oscillate and create ripples, etc..) proof enough that Order and Chaos cannot exist without eachother? Watching the solutions, you are simultaneously witnessing nature's power to create pattern and structure as well as chaotic event, in that the solution is in an Orderly state until the patterns/oscillations begin?
    @essays: Lol be my guest, I don't mind having more topics to talk about. And I especially love topics about being, consciousness, "theory of knowledge"-like topics etc.

The problem with the whole "order and chaos" at the same time is that they're combining them from "different levels" - much like the motion water or rivers may seem chaotic to us, the actions of water molecules and atoms may seem far more ordered and logical. So meh, I'm still kinda disappointed, but I do agree that from our viewpoint we'll always have this constant "order and chaos" combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
    I think I'll skip talking about evolution in this topic, thanks >_> Glad that you at least enjoyed watching it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

Hassan (01-22-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

No offense, but Science itself is created by man. The laws discovered by man.(although always existed)

And I doubt God would just go "oh look you discovered a little secret i had, good job".
    Science as in terms of laws is created by God. We are just revealing it.
    Allah Himself said in Holy Qur'an to explore the world, so that you can find Me through it. There are many such verses through out the Holy Qur'an.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast