Thanks

Make your own Ninja Star (Shuriken)

I wrote this whole guide. I took some information I found from several websites and changed some things. This is written by me.

Ready to make your ow home made Shuriken? Yeah well I've been looking around the net (Google ftw!) and found some ways, which I'll base this guide I'm writing off of. I changed some things around, like how to keep the star from dulling, chipping, bending, etc.

First thing you want to do is buy a Galvonized Steel electrical box cover. Some are square, some are round, doesn't matter which you get. They cost from 50 cents to $2.00, depending on if you buy them seperate or in a pack. You can get these at Walmart or Home Depot. Here's a pic off the internet, since I used mine already.

Not my picture:

Ok, well now that you know what you need/already have, lets move on. You will start off with a blank plate.

Start by measuring in from each side 1/2" (ONE HALF INCH).
    Once you have your box, it will be 3" (THREE INCHES), measure in a 1/2" (ONE HALF INCH) again in on each line.
    This is where you can get confused. From the center of the outside 4" box, draw a line to the inside 1/2" mark of the 3" box. You are basically making two diamonds each way to make the star shape. Example:

DRAWN IN AUTO-CAD, ALL DIMENSIONS ARE TO SCALE.

Once you get the shape, here's where you get your hands dirty. Use a power tool, a hacksaw, or some other kind of tool. I used a hack saw. Cut out your star. All the edges will be rough, so you need to buff it, sharpen it with a knife sharpener, or use a rough file, and then a polishing file. Make your edges flat and smooth. Then at the tip of where the blade will be, that you want to stick into the wall, at about a 45 degree angle, on each side, sharpen it or smooth it, into a blade form. That's basically all I can tell you, you basically have to file and sharpen it until it's sharp enough to stick. Also, when you're done with that, you can pop out the center of the plate so there will be a hole.

Now when it's all done and sharpened to your liking, you have the option to harden it. Basically hang it off a rod, get a propane torch, and heat it up until it's red. Have an ICE COLD BUCKET OF WATER READY. When you've heated the whole thing up and feel good about it, drop it into the bucket. Take it out, and clean it up. Now your star won't dull or bend or break.

After all my experimenting and changing some things, this is the star I got out of my guide:

Now let me tell you, these WILL HURT YOU. They can be fatal, not most likely, but you can be sent to the ER. So let me be the one to tell you not to be a dumbass with this thing. I mean, it's your own choice, so if you hurt yourself it's not my fault.

Tomorrow I'm painting it flat black and heat treating it. It will be kickass :O. For those of you who think it's not mine, I'll get some of those 'SEEMLISS MPGH (DATE)' pictures with the shuriken in it. This thing will stick in pretty much any kind of wood, depending on how well you sharpen it. If you'd like, I'll post a vid of it sticking in a really thick tree in my yard. Have fun!
    Last edited by Seem; 04-29-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Reminds me, I need to write a tutorial or some shit.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    How's mine? Is the spelling and organization ok? I spent at least 30 minutes on the guide.

Thanks

lol

iknow how to do a ninja star but with paper

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    dont poke your eye out nigga

Thanks
    Ok, I updated the whole picture thing. I realized in paint all the dimensions looked like shit. I decided to go pro and use autocad. Everything is to scale now. The paper ones are for pussies because they don't hurt, they don't go far, and they're not COOL!

Thanks
    Since I love trigonometry so much, I'm going to tell you that the sides =/= 1/2". They'd be more like 2/3"-5/6". And perhaps I'll find the actual length of each side so the dumbasses here don't have to do the math.

Edit: Lolwow, I just looked at your diagram and realized how confusing it is. Also, Idk why you said to measure a half inch from each side when the dimensions of the initial square are 4"x4"
    Last edited by Mexiforce; 04-29-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks
    Because you need to make the inside square to make sure the diamond you are drawing is correct. Also on the cover there is excess metal that can't be part of the star or it would screw it up. If you just used the outside square, the star would be way too fat.