Thread: KDR Matchmaking

Thanks

KDR Matchmaking

Please note: Responding to this thread with a comment that says I'm wrong is pointless, I've tested this many times, and I'm 100% sure this is how it works.

I know many people dislike this game, and probably don't care anymore because Black Ops is out, or for whatever other reason, but I'm going to express my displeasure none the less.

As some of you may, or may not be aware Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 uses a kill:death ratio matchmaking system. It takes your kill:death ratio (KDR) from the past several games (unsure how many exactly, probably 2-4) and attempts to match you with players that have similar kill:death ratios. This isn't always immediately apparent. You may be in a lobby with the all, or mostly the same players for multiple games. Players who have a 0.5 - 2.5 KDR probably won't notice this system at all, because those KDR's are the most common. It's once you start to get above ~4:1 that things turn bad.

I understand the reason you have for implementing such a system, and the system is great in theory. In theory, it should match players of equal skill together, and create a better playing experience for everyone. Matching good players with good players, average players with average players, and new or not so skill players with each other.

There is a problem with this though, skilled players aren't getting matched with other skilled players, they're getting matched with hackers. I consider myself quite good at MW2, generally getting a 6:1 or higher ratio most games. This is far above the average KDR range. This causes me to be placed into matches with hackers quite frequently. Why? Because not many legitimate players have a KDR of 6:1, so when it attempts to match me with players who have a similar KDR all I get are hackers. This is extremely frustrating, and while I don't expect anything to change, I just wanted to explain my situation.

How do I know everything I've said is true?

What have I done to prove this system exists?
    I've purposefully gotten a 1:1 KDR for 5 games in a row, then search for a match of TDM. As soon as I searched, up the top right the game said 0/19 good matches found. This is largest amount that will ever be displayed. After that, I played normally, getting 6:1 KDR most games (30-5, 24-4, etc). After doing that for 5 games, I backed out and tried searching again. This time, the display on the top right said 0/2 good games found. It took about 10 minutes to get into a match, and once I did finally get matched with other players, most of them were hacking. I've done this test over 10 times, every time it has yielded the same result.

"I only get a 1:1 KDR most games, why do I still get matched with hackers?"
    A good question, and something that I looked into, in case there was a legitimate or... non VAC banning way past this system. I managed to find some hack sites out there, that advertise their hacks having a KDR matchmaking setting, meaning that regardless of your score, you can set your KDR matchmaking to whatever you want. I actually paid for one of these, that's how frustrated I was. I got VAC banned in about 2 months, but honestly it was worth it. Please don't respond with immature comments like "lol stupid haker." I wasn't using walls, no recoil, or an aimbot. I'm not saying I shouldn't have been banned, I was modifying the games memory, and accept that I got banned as a result. The part that annoys me is that I shouldn't had to have done that in order to enjoy this game.

tl;dr The game matches you on your KDR from the past 2-4 games, I get really high KDR, and get matched with hackers all the time.

That explains my problem, now I'm wondering about an answer. Is there any safe hack that would allow me to bypass this system? I used one from a rather popular and well known hacksite, which was undetected for awhile but eventually got me banned.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by ImLikeJesusButBetter View Post
    Please note: Responding to this thread with a comment that says I'm wrong is pointless, I've tested this many times, and I'm 100% sure this is how it works.
    If you say so :3

Seems to me like you're taking this a little to seriously..

But no, there is no bypasses that wouldn't get you banned..

Hmm.. ever tried to host your own lobby?

Though, you can use alterIW if you don't like the KDR matchmaking :3
    Last edited by aIW|Convery; 02-02-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Thanks
    Yeah, perhaps I am taking it a bit serious. That would be because I believe this to be a serious issue. I used to enjoy MW2, but the KDR matchmaking basically ruined the entire game for me. I play a couple of rounds, get amazing scores, then get matched with hackers until I do badly for 2 rounds, then repeat. That isn't fun, and the game shouldn't be that way, but it is.

I've considered AlterIW, and while it might be a solution, from what I've heard there aren't many Australian players on it.

Hosting my own lobby? I'm not sure how to get host 100% of the time, though my internet is decent and I get it about 30-50%. When I have host, I use MW2SA to ban the IP of any hacker in my game. The problem is, often people believe I'm hacking due to how good I am, and everyone leaves at the end of a match. This causes me to join someone else's lobby, where I don't have host anymore. This is the way that I play now, IF I can be bothered.

If you know how to get host 100% of the time, then that would be a workable solution for me.
    Last edited by ImLikeJesusButBetter; 02-02-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    If you know how to get host 100% of the time, then that would be a workable solution for me.
    Try to search for 'How to force host' :3

Thanks
    Any chance you could provide me with some more information. I tried searching "How to force host" on this site, and in google. I found a couple of Host Tools, but they mostly seem detected.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/279-call-d...host-hack.html This one is old, and probably detected.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/191-call-d...-crashfix.html This one labeled as detected.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/191-call-d...entrunner.html - Also labeled as detected.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/308-call-d...system-v3.html - Not sure about this one.

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/269-call-d...-tools-v3.html - This one was posted about a week ago, but I have no idea if it's safe to use or not.

I found a method of joining and leaving matchmaking if the ping it's searching for is above 60ms.

I was hoping there was a tool somewhere that I could use to get host all the time. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by ImLikeJesusButBetter; 02-02-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I think you can force host by setting a few command in the config or via the console if you unlock it..

Thanks
    Is there a safe way to do that, though? Isn't unlocking the console detected?

If it was just a some config commands, then that would be great. Do you have any idea what they may be?

I found a program called MW2 Liberation which is meant to bypass VAC, but I'm reading mixed reports of people being banned for it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I found a program called MW2 Liberation which is meant to bypass VAC, but I'm reading mixed reports of people being banned for it.
    Liberation can get your whole steam account banned i.e. from all games..

and no, I don't have the commands but I've seen them in a lot of threads around MPGH..

Thanks
    I've looked through quite a few pages of search results, and haven't managed to find them. Would you be able to provide me with a link to the commands in a thread on MPGH? I would really appreciate that.