Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

you know your obsessed with metallica when...

"you know you're obsessed with metallica when.."
    good ones from the metclub message board:

-you wear metallica shirts 24/7 because you NEVER know when someone from Metallica could walk through that door and you can't be wearing a Megadeth t-shirt in your pictures
    - when the personal opinions of the band members affect those of your own
    - You always check the Metallica sections in every music shop even though there's nothing there you don't already own.
    - When you will get into an argument with a complete stranger for saying they sold out.
    - When your in a record store and see that the Metallica section is all messed up, you put the albums in the right order, and if there are any upside down, you put them back the right way.
    - When you say you'd donate one of your kidneys to one of the Guys...AND YOU'RE DEAD SERIOUS.
    - When your 16 and openly admit to having a crush on a 41 year old Danish drummer and have a smile on your face as all your friends go "Ewww!"
    - When you actually stage concerts with your 'Tallica figures, and charge your friends to see it.
    - When you get really excited whenever the word "metallic" is used, or you add an 'a' whenever you see it in your science book.
    - when you went to San Fran for spring break, and found the phone book in the hotel room....you looked in it to find the guys' names...you never know the book could have been a misprint....but I did find R. Hammett (possibly kirk's brother rick)
    - oh and when you know what kirk's brother's name is.
    - When you check Poor Posting Me 10 times a day to see if anything new has been posted on "You know you are obsessed with Metallica when..."
    - When the question that requires the most thought is "What album HAVEN'T I listened to in a while?"
    - When you are in History class and anytime they say "Militia" you start to giggle
    - You go up to a complete stranger and say "great shirt" cause they are wearing a tallica shirt
    - Trying to get Seek and Destroy on the tracklist for prom
    - When you hear someone say "Metallica is ok" and just want to smack the living shit out of 'em.
    - every time in school if the teacher tells you to turn the page you get really excited
    - You break up with a girlfriend because she disagrees with you when you say james is a god
    - When you speak perfectly fine english, but have started saying the word "fuck" as "FOCK" when annoyed just because you've listened to too much Lars.
    - you bump into someone you haven't seen for years and the first thing they say to u is "still into metallica i see" and you proceed to tell them what metallica have been doing rather then what u been doing
    - when you've just read 15 straight pages of a thread and feel as though you've read your autobiography.

i know this is supposed to be a joke, but i swear to god...most of these are true for me...is that wrong?

Thanks
    Yes. Metallica Sucks. Megadeth is totally better.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal
    incorect, mettalica is beter

Thanks
    mega deth suck major wang.

Thanks
    Secondeded.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    i <3 metallica ;p

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    What is a Metallica or MegaDeth?

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    A beer trademark if I'm not wrong... or maybe a gay band, who knows!?
    HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE 25th??? WE HAVEN'T!
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Timebeast wanted perma since he can't flame anymore.
    LMAO...
    [IMG]https://i76.photobucke*****m/albums/j2/The_Enigma_photos/geistHunter.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i10.photobucke*****m/albums/a141/popsumbong/BEERHUNTER.gif[/IMG]
    Teh Beer Seeker

Obviously the best impersonation of David Hasselhoff.

Thanks
    ok thats just some spam for me..

Thanks
    um... u guys cannot compete with AC/DC no if or buts about it

Thanks
    okkaay.. how about this: Lars Ulrich is an old Dutch bastard crybaby (RIAA anyone?), James Hetfield is a lush, Kirk hammet can only solo for 20 seconds (not even in tune) and their Bassists (all eighteen of them) were mentally retarded.

Whereas Megadeth: Dave Mustaine is the lord of rock (He even got kicked out of Metallica for being too good in the Early days), Marty Friedman(need I say more?), Nick Menza is the second best drummer in the world (The Late John Bonham took #1), and David Ellefson could punch a wolverine in the face and live to tell the tale.

END OF STORY.

Thanks
    LOL.

nicely said dude.

Thanks
    okkaay.. how about this: Lars Ulrich is an old Dutch bastard crybaby (RIAA anyone?), James Hetfield is a lush, Kirk hammet can only solo for 20 seconds (not even in tune) and their Bassists (all eighteen of them) were mentally retarded.

Whereas Megadeth: Dave Mustaine is the lord of rock (He even got kicked out of Metallica for being too good in the Early days), Marty Friedman(need I say more?), Nick Menza is the second best drummer in the world (The Late John Bonham took #1), and David Ellefson could punch a wolverine in the face and live to tell the tale.

END OF STORY.
    i dont even know the names of anyone in either of the bands but i still say mettalica is beter

Thanks
    hahahahha jackal...ur a funny guy

megadeth cant even hold down a steady band. you talk about metallica having a bunch of bassists, well, who from megadeth (besides mustaine) has been there since the start? metalica totally owns megadeth.
    "he got kicked out of the band because he was too cool"
    you dont evenknow the history of either bands do you? you jut listen to megadeth a bit. you know nothing of the people. i know everything about metallica and a lot about megadeth.

In 1981 Dave Mustaine left his first band Panic to join Metallica as the lead guitarist. Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich had posted an ad in a local newspaper, called The Recycler, looking for a lead guitarist. In his own words, Mustaine remembers his first meeting with James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich: "I was convinced that I should be in the band and went to rehearsal. I was tuning up when all the other guys in the band went into another room. They weren't talking to me, so I went in and said, 'Well? Am I in the band or not?' and they said, 'You've got the gig.' I couldn't believe how easy it had been and suggested that we get some beer to celebrate." [1]

Mustaine's membership in Metallica, however, would last less than two years. Brian Slagel, an early manager of the band, recalls in an interview: "Dave was an incredibly talented guy, but he also had an incredibly large problem with alcohol and drugs. He'd get wasted and become a real crazy person, a raging maniac, and the other guys just couldn't deal with that after a while. I mean, they all drank of course, but I guess they could all hold their liquor better than Dave, and I could see they were beginning to get fed up of seeing Dave drunk out of his mind all the time." [citation needed]

One night, in a drunken state, Mustaine poured a full can of beer down Ron McGovney's (then Metallica bassist) bass. When he next came to play it McGovney got an electric shock, and in his own words, "blown across the room"; the bassist decided he'd had enough of Mustaine's antics and quit Metallica. In April of 1983, Mustaine was officially fired from Metallica for his alcoholism and personality clashes with founding members Hetfield and Ulrich. The band packed up Mustaine's gear, drove him to a Greyhound bus station, and put him on a bus back to Los Angeles. [2]

During his short time in Metallica, Dave Mustaine toured with the band, co-wrote several songs which were later featured on the albums Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning (as well as, according to Mustaine, "Leper Messiah" on Master of Puppets[citation needed]). He also recorded several songs with the band including the No Life 'Till Leather demo tape. A few of the songs he had wrote with Hetfield and Ulrich later went on to be re-recorded by Megadeth. The Metallica versions of these songs excluded his solos, which were replaced with solos by Kirk Hammett. The most well-known of these is the song "The Four Horsemen" from Kill 'em All which Mustaine wrote and later released with original lyrics on his debut album as "Mechanix".

he was kicked out for being a fucking drunken retard.

drunken -- In April of 1983, Mustaine was officially fired from Metallica for his alcoholism
    retard -- and personality clashes with founding members Hetfield and Ulrich.

whereas METALLICA:
    has been able to keep a semi-steady lineup
    has amazing vocals that has changed throughout the years to coincide with the lyrics and themes of their songs

every single person that thinks megadeth is better than metallica has a shitty half assed reason why.
    "oh well, james is a big stupid head" wow...what a response...sadly, thats the favourite of the megadethians
    "lars doesnt want people downloading their music" so what? would you? your losing millions and millions of dollars...would you be too happy about that? i didnt think so.

"David Ellefson could punch a wolverine in the face and live to tell the tale.
    "

OHHH wow...amazing...thatll do GREAT in a band...playing music. cuz you know those wolverines...theyre crafty buggers...

"and their Bassists (all eighteen of them) were mentally retarded.
    "

why? name 3 reasons why..

1. because the first one (im only counting the ones that recorded n shit) could shred better on his BASS than any GUITAR player you know?
    because the second one has inspired a whole new generation of new bassists?
    and the third one still has to prove himself...pretty damn kool though

Marty Friedman(need I say more?)
    i have, why dont you?

Nick Menza is the second best drummer in the world
    https://video.google.com/videoplay?do...21&q=drum+solo
    that kid owns nick menza

and finally...you know a band is uber gay if kyo says theyre cool

owned?
    owned
    Last edited by ace76543; 06-27-2006 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks
    Internets. Serious fucking buiness.
    I'll take my time and sum up this thread.

Metalilica Sucks.
    MegaDeath Sucks.

Thanks you and goodnight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast