Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

[Tool] SmokeScreen

SmokeScreen

What is SmokeScreen?

Well, If you don't know (though I am sure you do) a lot of devices on the market still do not support flash, so all your hard work and it can't even be seen on 90% of mobile devices.

and it doesn't even really seem some of the more popular devices will ever get it.

SmokeScreen is a great way to start Flash advertisements and animations that can be displayed on a mobile device, even if the device doesn't support flash

Smokescreen currently supports:

• Sizable subset of Flash 8 animation capabilities
    • streaming sound
    • sound effects
    • some recognizable input
    • Basic ActionScript

You can view a demo here

https://smokescreen.us/demos/lyrisdemo.html

The top advertisement uses smokescreen, while the bottom uses the flash plugin, you can see there is almost no difference in speed.

You may also notice (again) currently you can't really interact with the advertisement as you can with flash, but (though unlikely according to arunforce , our veteran flash developer) maybe they will get support.

For all of their demo's they have been tested on numerous types of devices/browsers

here are the current results

Code:
    Firefox 3.6 on Mac/Win7/Linux  - Works
    Safari 4.0.5 on Mac/Win7 - Works
    Chrome 5 beta on Mac/Win7 = Works
    iPhone OS 3.x on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch -- Flash doesn't run, however Smokescreen does.
    Opera 10.53 on Mac/Win7 - Works
    ≤IE8 on Win -- Flash runs, Smokescreen doesn't run
    IE9 on Win7 -- Flash runs, Smokescreen doesn't run, yet!
    Now, again, there is no official release. But, they do however have a copy of their version for testing on their site so I navigated to it's location and saved it.

It is JavaScript, and here it is.

Snippet
    [highlight=javascript]
    /**
    * Smokescreen v0.1.2 - Chris Smoak <chris.smoak@gmail.com>
    * A Flash player written in JavaScript.
    * Copyright 2010, RevShock
    * Date: 2010-05-27
    */
    var Smokescreen=function(url,element,width,height,name ,params){
    goog={};goog.global=this;goog.provide=function(a){ a=a.split(".");var b=goog.global;for(var c in a){var d=a[c];d in b||(b[d]={});b=b[d]}};goog.require=function(){};
    var fljs={},BrowserDetect={init:function(){this.browse r=this.searchString(this.dataBrowser)||"An unknown
    [/highlight]

For More information, feel free to check them out.
    Smokescreen |

Text file, Virus Scan:
    VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

File Attached, to use, rename as .js
    Last edited by NextGen1; 02-25-2011 at 11:36 PM.

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

kobemac (02-23-2015)

Thanks
    WOOT First post..
    Nice realease

4. The Following User Says Thank You to whit For This Useful Post:

NextGen1 (02-23-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I see this having huge potential
    The potential is tremendous, good job to that team.
    Last edited by NextGen1; 02-25-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    No offense but its useless. Main reason is that there is so much competition that in the coming future, mobile device not supporting Adobe Flash will be kicked out. Means, no one will be buying.

Anyways, thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Hassan; 02-24-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Not entirely true hassan, A. is the same rule applies as web browsers, still have 25% of users on IE (* & <) , most ppl are locked in a 1 to 2 year contract, and a lot of these end users are not going to get a new phone just because it doesn't support flash, some devices like the Iphone may never actually get Flash, there is a way to do it with a Jailbroken iphone and openssh, but it's not the same thing.

This in the market, at least for the next few years is a great idea, it won't be until the next wave of contract holders and a batter mobile flash, will there be no reason for this, what I mean by that, is currently flash is still buggy on mobile devices as well, My galaxy tab has a lot of issues with flash.

Even if Flash 10.1 makes it to 60% of smart phones, it still leaves 40% of the potential market at a loss, You need to realize as a developer, you want to Maxamize your target audience, you want to grab as many end users as possible.

Example: You develop a flash game and a flash player application for your game, release on the marker, or the app store, you won't get nearly as many as if you make the same release with a smokescreen play and allow use on any device.

Last edited by NextGen1; 02-24-2011 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    1: Name a browser that doesn't supports Flash.
    2: iPhone has built-in Flash player. My friends use it every day.
    3: If Flash itself has issues, how can smokes screen shit be better than it ? :/
    4: I haven't seen smokes screen shit on any fucking smart phone / android etc. /FP. Flash player is built-in in new phones.
    5: Again, apple supports Flash player. /FP
    6: FYI: https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...ndroid-tablets

/Thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

1. Name a browser that doesn't supports Flash.
    Never said a browser, I said most mobile devices. and even so , most every mobile devices browser does not support flash, because the device doesn't

2: iPhone has built-in Flash player. My friends use it every day.
    asasik there is a flash player for iphone, but it won't work on ios 4.1 or 4.2, and in order to use it, it requires a jailbreak and from a professional standpoint, would you like to hope the 25% of your target market intends on (and knows how to ) jailbreak their iphone

on top of that, only very few andorids and other smart phone support flash, there was a attempt with webos and a browser (forgot it's name) which used a similar concept to smoke screen to display flash

(afaik) You can port flash over to IOS, I know there are some options and packages offered by adobe and apple, but not the same as a flash player plugin.

3: If Flash itself has issues, how can smokes screen shit be better than it ? :/
    Not better, smokescreen will allow you to display flash advertisements and animations over to devices that cannot display flash, I have tested this on 2 of my devices, and where there is a plugin missing notification for flash, smokescreen displays the swf in it's dedicated field.

4: I haven't seen smokes screen shit on any fucking smart phone / android etc. /FP.
    Flash player is built-in in new phones.
    This isn't about what is or isn't on devices, Smokescreen is not on any phone, this is for ppl who develop flash animations or flash websites (non interactive) and would like a way to make them display on mobile browsers.

5: Again, apple supports Flash player. /FP
    Apple iphones do not support flash, There is a flash player, but only on a jailbroken iphone, and not for ios4.1 / 4.2, you can port flash apps / games over to iphone using adobe's packager, but not the same as flash support. browsers give you a missing plugin error.

SOFTWARE DEVELOPER Adobe has announced that some tablets running Android 3.0 Honeycomb will have Flash Player 10.2 pre-installed, while others will receive over-the-air update
    A. What's your point, that NEW devices that come with honeycomb will support flash, look at that sentence again, still doesn't make up for 80% of the market right now, or for the next 2-3 years while contract users are stuck, facr: average user changes device once every year, so for the next year or two devs wait?

I have next to me right now a LG ally, Samsung Moment , Coby Kryos and Samsung Galaxy tab, out of these 4 devices, only 1 has flash support, the others will never get it, a typical end user does not have the luxury of 4 android devices, so when attacking the market as a flash developer, in this case, you have a small percentage you will maximize the market.

So , if I didn't spring for the tab, then I couldn't view any flash site, or play any flash games on my other three devices.

You also helped make a point.

It seems that as the number of tablet devices grows, Apple's pig-headed decision not to support Flash might leave it increasingly isolated as both hardware manufacturers and users demand Adobe's software
    This was taken from the bottom of the same article you tried to use as defense

Pics taken from my 4 android devices while browsing to @arunforce gamu*******

[IMG]https://i111.photobucke*****m/albums/n121/golmor/P1010230.jpg[/IMG]

Fact is, there is no reason for you to spend so much time bashing this idea, you have no experience in it in any way, not mobile dev, not flash, so what does it matter, if nothing else, this is a tool to help those who want to target a larger market , at least while devs wait for the End User to catch up to the marker.

/Thread
    Last edited by NextGen1; 02-25-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks
    i agree with you)