Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Thanks, i make a 44mm grenade for m203 or m32

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dadavid2009 View Post
    Thanks, i make a 44mm grenade for m203 or m32

I dun see how that would blow up in real life but whatever its a game and you cant see it anyways cause it goes to fast!Likes cods nubetube!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NOOBJr For This Useful Post:

dadavid2009 (04-02-2011)

Thanks
    wow david .. awsome work :P:P i wish i could do smth like that

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rasta For This Useful Post:

dadavid2009 (04-02-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    wow david .. awsome work :P:P i wish i could do smth like that
    Yes admire his work!It will be in a multiplayer game soon.His models will be known and he will be famous/awesome now

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NOOBJr For This Useful Post:

dadavid2009 (04-03-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Thanks , A new gun

M32

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Hey mates,

i see you get a lot of help from guys in here, if you need some Extra help i can model some guns or grenades for you, Pm me if your intrested.

Gr.

Cruciimperio

Thanks
    I see you got some cool stuff there ... if you need any help i can help you , am more of designer .. Websites - PS . logos etc . PM ME Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    You guys have NO coordination AT ALL. Where's your planning? Let me give you a little crash course on this (used to be an indie game developer, and I am NOT a noob).

First thing you ever do before making a game, is you have to plan out your 'framework'. What is your game supposed to be? What audience are you targeting? Are you sure this isn't over your head? How much time do you have on your hands, etc.

Let me start off by saying (sorry everyone) that your team is full of amateurs, which is not always a bad thing. What IS bad, though, is that they have absolutely no experience at all on the development of games. Because of this, you will need a lot of organization and discipline, which I will talk about later.

Let's talk about the actual game. I heard a lot going on about zombies and multiplayer. First off, coding ai's is probably one of the most difficult things to do when making a game. You need to tell them how to react, when to react, why they react, what do do when they react, what happens when an event triggers another event, when they spawn, how they spawn, what animation they use, how they look, etc. Therefore, I ADVISE YOU TO STRAY FROM THE PATH OF AI's. Having said that, let's talk about multiplayer. Right off the bat, I want you to know that your dreams of 64+ person multiplayer game type is impossible, as the sheer amount of network coding, testing, and bug crushing is far beyond your abilities and time frame. So stick to a maximum of 16 people. Now, when you first release the game, there won't be that many people that'll be playing it. So, you don't need much content. I would advise having only 2 maps, and 3 guns. Make the maps radically different by tweaking the atmosphere and the setting (forest map vs urban map). Now for your guns, I would advise doing something like the following: Make an M16, and from the model, replace with barrel with a shorter M4 barrel and also maybe make the gun a different color (different camo). Then make the M16 a three round burst weapon with a lot of power, and make the M4 a fully automatic weapon with low power. Then, go back to the M16 model, and add a scope, like a Trijcon ACOG scope. Then make the weapon a single shot weapon, but with high power. So now you have a M16DMR, M16A2, and M4A1. Also, you need to hire a community manager that basically manages your youtube channel, facebook, twitter, website news, and forum news. The community managers are important people as they can have a direct impact on how popular and how many people play your game.

Also, your current website does not fit at all the theme of a tactical FPS, and using Free Range Websites DOES not make you look professional, in fact it makes you look like noobs.

Having said that, this project WILL fail (at least fail at being popular) because, simply, you are using unity, which is perhaps the worst development platform for a first person shooter. UDK is basically your only choice, and if you think it sucks then you have major mental problems.

Good luck, and be sure to change that release date on your website, because I doubt that's when it'll come out (seeing as the only thing you've basically done is pre-alpha ingame shit, which a 1st grader can do).
    Last edited by FpsTibble; 04-03-2011 at 06:42 PM.

PEACE IS AN ILLUSION...PAIN IS REALITY....

-EXPERIENCED CODER
    -EXPERIENCED GAMER
    -EXPERIENCED FUCKER

VB TUTS:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Thank you for encouraging us

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by FpsTibble View Post
    You guys have NO coordination AT ALL. Where's your planning? Let me give you a little crash course on this (used to be an indie game developer, and I am NOT a noob).

First thing you ever do before making a game, is you have to plan out your 'framework'. What is your game supposed to be? What audience are you targeting? Are you sure this isn't over your head? How much time do you have on your hands, etc.

Let me start off by saying (sorry everyone) that your team is full of amateurs, which is not always a bad thing. What IS bad, though, is that they have absolutely no experience at all on the development of games. Because of this, you will need a lot of organization and discipline, which I will talk about later.

Let's talk about the actual game. I heard a lot going on about zombies and multiplayer. First off, coding ai's is probably one of the most difficult things to do when making a game. You need to tell them how to react, when to react, why they react, what do do when they react, what happens when an event triggers another event, when they spawn, how they spawn, what animation they use, how they look, etc. Therefore, I ADVISE YOU TO STRAY FROM THE PATH OF AI's. Having said that, let's talk about multiplayer. Right off the bat, I want you to know that your dreams of 64+ person multiplayer game type is impossible, as the sheer amount of network coding, testing, and bug crushing is far beyond your abilities and time frame. So stick to a maximum of 16 people. Now, when you first release the game, there won't be that many people that'll be playing it. So, you don't need much content. I would advise having only 2 maps, and 3 guns. Make the maps radically different by tweaking the atmosphere and the setting (forest map vs urban map). Now for your guns, I would advise doing something like the following: Make an M16, and from the model, replace with barrel with a shorter M4 barrel and also maybe make the gun a different color (different camo). Then make the M16 a three round burst weapon with a lot of power, and make the M4 a fully automatic weapon with low power. Then, go back to the M16 model, and add a scope, like a Trijcon ACOG scope. Then make the weapon a single shot weapon, but with high power. So now you have a M16DMR, M16A2, and M4A1. Also, you need to hire a community manager that basically manages your youtube channel, facebook, twitter, website news, and forum news. The community managers are important people as they can have a direct impact on how popular and how many people play your game.

Also, your current website does not fit at all the theme of a tactical FPS, and using Free Range Websites DOES not make you look professional, in fact it makes you look like noobs.

Having said that, this project WILL fail (at least fail at being popular) because, simply, you are using unity, which is perhaps the worst development platform for a first person shooter. UDK is basically your only choice, and if you think it sucks then you have major mental problems.

Good luck, and be sure to change that release date on your website, because I doubt that's when it'll come out (seeing as the only thing you've basically done is pre-alpha ingame shit, which a 1st grader can do).
    Dont all Major game developers start as noobs?
    Didnt they all start out with no money and make it big?
    They dont have money to hire.
    64 player is actually in there hands, if they change the release date.
    We have all of the MPGH community to test for bugs (beta release)

Way to be a dick. The point is to make the game theirs. Not yours.

Donate Below to Help Me Achieve Donator Status

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Ever heard of taking classes to learn this shit? This isn't something you just learn by yourself, because if you want to develop anything big, you can't just add buildings to a terrain, plop in a skybox, weapons, and respawn points and call it a day. There are also other skills you need to learn apart from programming that are vital to developing good indie games. (Not talking about max, unity, c++)

And 64+ player is NOT possible because you'd need to run that on a dedicated server. And to get it working on the dedicated server you'd have to tailor everything correctly, then beta test it and make sure all the ISPs, and all the zones in the U.S can connect to it, and if something bugs out then you need someone who KNOWS how to fix it. Network programming is NOT easy, it is hardcore coding, trial and error, and testing. It takes major game development studios MONTHS of testing and coding to get the multiplayer to work, and that's with like 30 network engineers working on it. And youd need to build predictive technology in case there is lag, and shit like that.

-EXPERIENCED CODER
    -EXPERIENCED GAMER
    -EXPERIENCED FUCKER

VB TUTS:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    @FpsTibble

I hear where you're coming from and appreciate the criticism, but please, don't be such an ass with the way you present things.
    Nobody ever said this was going to be competition with a major corporation like Nexon. Until it is, Cryofuze can work with the resources it has.

[IMG]https://i306.photobucke*****m/albums/nn280/Fenolgo/Graph_01.gif[/IMG]

˙˙˙sʞɔɐɥ

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrustyObama For This Useful Post:

dadavid2009 (04-04-2011),NOOBJr (04-05-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    The only reason I wrote that is someone said this game was going to compete with nexons CA.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Wow...
    I won't be here for a time, sorry.
    And, reply to Tibble, don't tell me, that Dadavid is a noob.
    I think he is more pro, than most people is who say they are pro's.

For the guns they are ALREADY doing that.

The site isn't fully made, they will add more for sure.
    They also have a schedule.

It will not fail.

Edit:
    Level 2 /
    I was away for a lot of time, I can see that :/
    Last edited by Lonesome Cowboy; 04-04-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    Minecraft Wiki Manager since: 2012.12.16.
    Games Wiki Manager since: 2012.12.16
    Minecraft Section Minion: 2013.05.04.-2014.05.04
    League of Legends Section Minion: 2013.05.04.-2014.05.04
    Need for Speed World Minion: 2013.07.23.-2014.05.04
    Steam Games Section Minion: 2013.08.05.
    Warrock Section Minion: 2013.10.09.

If you would like to become a Minecraft Wiki Editor, apply here!
    If you would like to become a Games Wiki Editor, PM me!

Gifts:
    Gyongytyuk,Gyongytyuk,Zaps

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lonesome Cowboy For This Useful Post:

dadavid2009 (04-04-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Okay, he's not a noob? He is a noob. Any half-assed modeler out there can make a high poly model of a gun that looks good (AAA standard) in less than an hour. If dadavid can do that, well then he's not a noob. If he can't, he's a noob.

AND THEY DIDN'T MAKE A SITE. The only difference between that and freewebs is they have a web domain. They used a fucking template, good job?

And they're not doing what I said to do with the guns because one of the posts in this section is full of gun models...(like 10 different ones). And if you had a schedule and a plan, THOSE GUN MODELS WOULDN'T EVEN BE MADE.

-EXPERIENCED CODER
    -EXPERIENCED GAMER
    -EXPERIENCED FUCKER

VB TUTS:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast