Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Hey, If you don't mind me asking. What program do you use to make these 3d models?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Blender or max

PEACE IS AN ILLUSION...PAIN IS REALITY....

-EXPERIENCED CODER
    -EXPERIENCED GAMER
    -EXPERIENCED FUCKER

VB TUTS:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    @FpsTibble

If you're here just for saying we are noob , just don't post.
    Last edited by dadavid2009; 04-04-2011 at 05:40 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dadavid2009 For This Useful Post:

NOOBJr (04-05-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by FpsTibble View Post
    Okay, he's not a noob? He is a noob. Any half-assed modeler out there can make a high poly model of a gun that looks good (AAA standard) in less than an hour. If dadavid can do that, well then he's not a noob. If he can't, he's a noob.

AND THEY DIDN'T MAKE A SITE. The only difference between that and freewebs is they have a web domain. They used a fucking template, good job?

And they're not doing what I said to do with the guns because one of the posts in this section is full of gun models...(like 10 different ones). And if you had a schedule and a plan, THOSE GUN MODELS WOULDN'T EVEN BE MADE.
    And this is ( A SPARTAN!!!!! lol)normal we have posted 10 gun because they need a modeler... now you are the noob. :P
    Last edited by dadavid2009; 04-04-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks
    You guys have NO coordination AT ALL. Where's your planning? Let me give you a little crash course on this (used to be an indie game developer, and I am NOT a noob).

First thing you ever do before making a game, is you have to plan out your 'framework'. What is your game supposed to be? What audience are you targeting? Are you sure this isn't over your head? How much time do you have on your hands, etc.

Let me start off by saying (sorry everyone) that your team is full of amateurs, which is not always a bad thing. What IS bad, though, is that they have absolutely no experience at all on the development of games. Because of this, you will need a lot of organization and discipline, which I will talk about later.

Let's talk about the actual game. I heard a lot going on about zombies and multiplayer. First off, coding ai's is probably one of the most difficult things to do when making a game. You need to tell them how to react, when to react, why they react, what do do when they react, what happens when an event triggers another event, when they spawn, how they spawn, what animation they use, how they look, etc. Therefore, I ADVISE YOU TO STRAY FROM THE PATH OF AI's. Having said that, let's talk about multiplayer. Right off the bat, I want you to know that your dreams of 64+ person multiplayer game type is impossible, as the sheer amount of network coding, testing, and bug crushing is far beyond your abilities and time frame. So stick to a maximum of 16 people. Now, when you first release the game, there won't be that many people that'll be playing it. So, you don't need much content. I would advise having only 2 maps, and 3 guns. Make the maps radically different by tweaking the atmosphere and the setting (forest map vs urban map). Now for your guns, I would advise doing something like the following: Make an M16, and from the model, replace with barrel with a shorter M4 barrel and also maybe make the gun a different color (different camo). Then make the M16 a three round burst weapon with a lot of power, and make the M4 a fully automatic weapon with low power. Then, go back to the M16 model, and add a scope, like a Trijcon ACOG scope. Then make the weapon a single shot weapon, but with high power. So now you have a M16DMR, M16A2, and M4A1. Also, you need to hire a community manager that basically manages your youtube channel, facebook, twitter, website news, and forum news. The community managers are important people as they can have a direct impact on how popular and how many people play your game.

Also, your current website does not fit at all the theme of a tactical FPS, and using Free Range Websites DOES not make you look professional, in fact it makes you look like noobs.

Having said that, this project WILL fail (at least fail at being popular) because, simply, you are using unity, which is perhaps the worst development platform for a first person shooter. UDK is basically your only choice, and if you think it sucks then you have major mental problems.

Good luck, and be sure to change that release date on your website, because I doubt that's when it'll come out (seeing as the only thing you've basically done is pre-alpha ingame shit, which a 1st grader can do).
    If you could care less why write a huge fucking letter that know one will read!

Quote Originally Posted by xX-RISE-Xx View Post
    Dont all Major game developers start as noobs?
    Didnt they all start out with no money and make it big?
    They dont have money to hire.
    64 player is actually in there hands, if they change the release date.
    We have all of the MPGH community to test for bugs (beta release)

Way to be a dick. The point is to make the game theirs. Not yours.
    Thanks bro!

Ever heard of taking classes to learn this shit? This isn't something you just learn by yourself, because if you want to develop anything big, you can't just add buildings to a terrain, plop in a skybox, weapons, and respawn points and call it a day. There are also other skills you need to learn apart from programming that are vital to developing good indie games. (Not talking about max, unity, c++)

And 64+ player is NOT possible because you'd need to run that on a dedicated server. And to get it working on the dedicated server you'd have to tailor everything correctly, then beta test it and make sure all the ISPs, and all the zones in the U.S can connect to it, and if something bugs out then you need someone who KNOWS how to fix it. Network programming is NOT easy, it is hardcore coding, trial and error, and testing. It takes major game development studios MONTHS of testing and coding to get the multiplayer to work, and that's with like 30 network engineers working on it. And youd need to build predictive technology in case there is lag, and shit like that.
    This is just a project for fun.....idk what people told you. So please stfu.

Okay, he's not a noob? He is a noob. Any half-assed modeler out there can make a high poly model of a gun that looks good (AAA standard) in less than an hour. If dadavid can do that, well then he's not a noob. If he can't, he's a noob.

AND THEY DIDN'T MAKE A SITE. The only difference between that and freewebs is they have a web domain. They used a fucking template, good job?

And they're not doing what I said to do with the guns because one of the posts in this section is full of gun models...(like 10 different ones). And if you had a schedule and a plan, THOSE GUN MODELS WOULDN'T EVEN BE MADE.
    He freaking creates beast models in a free software.......if you prove to me you can do that you lost all my respect! Dadavid is skilled with blender.

Quote Originally Posted by dadavid2009 View Post
    And this is ( A SPARTAN!!!!! lolA SPARTAN!!!!! lol)normal we have posted 10 gun because they need a modeler... now you are the noob. :P
    Hes correct. I asked for help so he could give a few models and thats what he is doing. And there awesome.

PWNN!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NOOBJr For This Useful Post:

dadavid2009 (04-05-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    ...You need 3 MODELS. You do not need 10. LIKE I SAID 10 TIMES BEFORE, IF YOU HAD PLANNED WELL YOU WOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED THOSE 10 MODELS DONE. Holy fuck, how do you expect to make a game if you can't even read?

And my first HUGE post was to help you guys out, and at the SMALLEST hint of negativity you jumped on the negativity dick and starting flaming the shit out of me. I wasn't TRYING to flame, you fucking foreign fucks. And HOLY FUCK, saying dadavid is skilled at blender is like saying your brother is skilled at basketball because he scored once. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, if he wants to prove that he is a good modeler then he should model a high poly model of a gun, with all parts, and a scope, and make it look as good as some of the guns in an AAA title. I'M NOT SAYING HE'S RETARDED FOR NOT BEING HIGHLY SKILLED, I'M JUST STATING THAT THERE'S ANOTHER LEVEL OF 'SKILLED' THAT HE HASN'T ATTAINED YET.

And no FUCK this project is for fun, making games is always fun, no matter how hard and time consuming it is. So that comeback failed.

And speaking of comebacks, your only comebacks are completely off topic and don't even relate to what I said, and therefore I'm sure anyone (not including your fag club) would agree you know I'm RIGHT and your WRONG.

And why do you type like your fucking giving someone a handjob at the same time? Don't tell me this is the internet and typing semi-correctly takes up too much time, BECAUSE I ASSURE YOU THAT STRINGING TWO WORDS TOGETHER TO FORM A SENTENCE IS NOT THAT HARD, but you still manage to fail at that. (Oh and if your comeback to this involves grammar nazis then gtfo this forum)

List of your fails:
    1.Planning of Game
    2. Maps in Game
    3. Game Engine
    4. Models of Guns
    5. Game Idea
    6. Execution of Plan
    7. 'Staff'
    8. Website
    9. You
    10. Game

And for the record, I was GIVING you tips, so that you could go back and change the way you were doing things because we can both agree it won't get you anywhere. I wasn't trying to flame, it was fucking constructive criticism. Go back and read my long ass 'letter' (It's called a post you dumbass) and maybe you'll see I was giving you good tips that are worthy of your attention.

Fuck off, and dadavid if you think your skilled at blender then your probably experiencing the worst case of denial anyone has ever experienced.

/end rant

oh and

PWNNNN ROFLOL I FEEL SO MATURE NAOW ROFLOL IM SO COOL IM SO COOL IM SO COOL, xD I THINK I COOL, I COOOOOOOOL THANKS BRO THANKS BRO <--- this is meant to mock you and any sensible man (like me) would never write that unless trying to mock someone, like I'm doing.

umad?

/end rant v2.0
    Last edited by FpsTibble; 04-05-2011 at 02:33 PM.

-EXPERIENCED CODER
    -EXPERIENCED GAMER
    -EXPERIENCED FUCKER

VB TUTS:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Hey fpstibble i make a gun just for you.
    Are you happy now?
    And this is a low poly now i'm a pro !!!!!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Hey, I love the fact that you're trying new things but FpsTibble is right (only on the planning part). I am neutral though so no flaiming please <3. I read his long ass post and it had really good tips and just wanting a 64+ multiplayer room isn't as easy as said. I truely should have no say in this pertaining to the fact that I have no experience coding or modeling for a game... Also dadavid is a pro to noobs and a noob to absolute pros (ex. compared to me he would be godly...) and his gun models look pretty good. One last thing, Zane, if you need a tester I'm here for ya . Someone else said before, everyone starts somewhere... Not everyone is a pro at the beginning so it doesn't matter if Zane's staff is pro or noob or has no experience, they will start somewhere and then climb up the steps to become a pro... So FpsTibble, you are right about the planning but wrong about the staff problem (but it also wouldn't be bad to have someone with experience on the team to make the work easier). No one flame me for this post please <3 lol
    Last edited by Unicow; 04-05-2011 at 04:08 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unicow For This Useful Post:

CrustyObama (04-05-2011),dadavid2009 (04-05-2011),FpsTibble (04-05-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    THANK YOU UNICOW, he put it really nicely. To you guys he is a pro, but in reality, he is still a novice. Most of you are the same thing, pros to your peers but noobs compared to the pros. And that is why I said this was going to fail, because you were aiming WAY to high, and in the process you were throwing aside creativity and imagination...all in the hopes of creating a good game like like CA or COD. But hey, aim for the stars and maybe you'll reach the sky.

WHAT I'M ABOUT TO SAY IS VERY IMPORTANT AND VITAL TO AMATEURS TRYING TO MAKE THEIR OWN GAMES AND HOPING TO DO WELL:

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

This applies to ANYTHING. NO ONE HAS EVER SUCCEEDED ON THEIR FIRST TRY (Minecraft was not Notch's first game) for it is impossible. A good game has to be something that has elements that come from OUTSIDE the box, and when you first make a game you think inside the box (to get the game done) and not outside. Not until a couple of games later do you realize what works and what doesn't, what you can and cannot do, what people want, how to do something effectively, what not to do, etc. All these things will eventually come together and you will be able to craft your first masterpiece from just the ashes of your mistakes.
    Last edited by FpsTibble; 04-05-2011 at 05:05 PM.

-EXPERIENCED CODER
    -EXPERIENCED GAMER
    -EXPERIENCED FUCKER

VB TUTS:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FpsTibble For This Useful Post:

dadavid2009 (04-05-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    First of all,
    This is Sparta.

Secondly, @Unicow
    That is how a well designed and beneficial critique looks. This could actually prove to hold some fruit instead of just flame. Thank you very much for sharing your perspective.

Thirdly, dadavid is doing very well for posting his work in a hacking forum and not at a modeling convention. If he did this for a living and not as a hobby, most likely he wouldn't have time to share things here.

Lastly, everyone just chill out. It's all cool here

[IMG]https://i306.photobucke*****m/albums/nn280/Fenolgo/Graph_01.gif[/IMG]

˙˙˙sʞɔɐɥ

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CrustyObama For This Useful Post:

dadavid2009 (04-05-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ho ok .... thanks ... CrustyObama

but ..... in french sparta is spartan ... or i'm just retarded.

And ... my englis is very bad LOL...

SORRY

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Whoa, whoa, WHOA!
    Let's stop here for a while.

This thread was originally made for modeler request, and then continued in a serious arguement(what is nicely kept within the rules ) and then turned in to a spartan showoff?
    Alright, guys, please don't ruin Dadavid's post of guns.
    You know what?

Make a new thread and continue there.
    Oh, and I totally agree with FpsTibbles plan, what he quickly sketched up. It only needs publicity, when the job is all done, everything is set up, and ready to go.
    But I don't agree with him, saying we're noobs. Everyone is good at something, maybe better than pros(or not), that's the way it goes. Those people will get better, and better, since they practice doing that job for the game developement, and at they end they will be pros, just without university education.
    And, Dadavid, please don't post stupid videos here . Post it at General.
    Minecraft Wiki Manager since: 2012.12.16.
    Games Wiki Manager since: 2012.12.16
    Minecraft Section Minion: 2013.05.04.-2014.05.04
    League of Legends Section Minion: 2013.05.04.-2014.05.04
    Need for Speed World Minion: 2013.07.23.-2014.05.04
    Steam Games Section Minion: 2013.08.05.
    Warrock Section Minion: 2013.10.09.

If you would like to become a Minecraft Wiki Editor, apply here!
    If you would like to become a Games Wiki Editor, PM me!

Gifts:
    Gyongytyuk,Gyongytyuk,Zaps

Thanks
    Do u already need beta testers? If yes, I can test 4 ya and look for bugs. If no, I will be available
    Btw, dadavid your models are BEAST!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Schoorp For This Useful Post:

dadavid2009 (04-09-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Alright, thread for developing discussions has been made.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/344-3d-mod...eveloping.html
    Minecraft Wiki Manager since: 2012.12.16.
    Games Wiki Manager since: 2012.12.16
    Minecraft Section Minion: 2013.05.04.-2014.05.04
    League of Legends Section Minion: 2013.05.04.-2014.05.04
    Need for Speed World Minion: 2013.07.23.-2014.05.04
    Steam Games Section Minion: 2013.08.05.
    Warrock Section Minion: 2013.10.09.

If you would like to become a Minecraft Wiki Editor, apply here!
    If you would like to become a Games Wiki Editor, PM me!

Gifts:
    Gyongytyuk,Gyongytyuk,Zaps

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Schoorp View Post
    Do u already need beta testers? If yes, I can test 4 ya and look for bugs. If no, I will be available
    Btw, dadavid your models are BEAST!
    I think this is not even been made
    or IDK
    its just an argument, but the models are great xD

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GRgaergaergaergerag For This Useful Post:

dadavid2009 (04-12-2011)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast