Thread: Net Neutrality

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Net Neutrality

Haii.

It seems that the internet may not be as we know it and that many, if not all, of the ISPs in the world are conspiring to destroy net neutrality.

Now you may ask what net neutrality is because last I checked 99.99% of you are complete morons. Anyways that aside, net neutrality is what makes the internet the internet. That's what makes it different from TV. You have the FREEDOM and the RIGHT to choose what sites you access and the ISP won't do anything about it because they remain neutral and sit back. Now what if you had this right taken away from you? Than what would you do? Who knows.

Why would they do this, you ask? So that they can make more money of course, all they ever care about is money. The customers will have no choice if everyone conspiricizes together in this scheme. Contracts have been signed, deals have been struck and the internet will be just like TV in a few years. No more freedom, no more right to choose where you go, that will all be gone in a few years. ISP's will garner more money by making certain sites like your "Basic" cable package and you will be charged extra for other sites. This will probably destroy a lot of the sites on the internet and ruin the whole thing.

The inventor of the internet itself has stated that it was made to be a place where users had choices and it should continue to be that way. Why shouldn't it, and after all who the fuck wants a bunch of ISP's running your life?

Most likely you haven't heard about this yet, and who knows why but it hasn't been noted to many, many people. This message should be spread so that everyone realizes what the heck is going on to YOUR internet. In a matter of years many sites will die, maybe even this one. Having politicians in on this would definitely bring awareness to this issue.

Thoughts, comments, debates, etc.

Baii.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    I'm not reading all that shit, If I really tried, I could quote you saying the exact same thing, so why write it.

Hispi Desn't believe that your back :
    Chat

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Fakking Iverson posted this on IRC earlier. D: its fucking stupid

Thanks
    net neutrality is stupid. anyone who believes it'll happen is stupid

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post

The inventor of the internet itself has stated that it was made to be a place where users had choices and it should continue to be that way. Why shouldn't it, and after all who the fuck wants a bunch of ISP's running your life?

Baii.

****** you is stupid...

IBM created the first networking between computers in a workplace (LAN) and people behind ARPANET created the first connections between computers over long distances.

Creator of the internet my ass...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Wouldn't preventing people from hosting illegal websites, be perfectly legal, I don't see how this could happen. Its like restricting someone from the right of having a large array of bytes on there computer -- Or in simpilar terms, stopping them from writing on a piece of paper than having another person read it.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    JETAMY U FUCKING HYPOCRIT MOTHER FUCKER FACK U JUST FACK U BITCH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    CERN (sadly) was the actual main developer of the internet. The guy who is widely regarded as the creator of the internet is that Tim Lee guy or whatever, he created the TC/IP protocol, which is the backbone of the entire internets.

I doubt it will ever get that far, the most it would happen is charging companies extra. If it ever does, economics will play it's role, and "do good" ISPs will take out the corrupt ones. Or BARAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK OBAMA passes net neutrality. ^_^

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Barack Obama FTW.

Thanks
    You americans are fucking stupid.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    CERN (sadly) was the actual main developer of the internet. The guy who is widely regarded as the creator of the internet is that Tim Lee guy or whatever, he created the TC/IP protocol, which is the backbone of the entire internets.

I doubt it will ever get that far, the most it would happen is charging companies extra. If it ever does, economics will play it's role, and "do good" ISPs will take out the corrupt ones. Or BARAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK OBAMA passes net neutrality. ^_^
    Actually ARPANET was the first sort of internets, it was passed on for civilian use in the 80's for colleges and shit. CERN would have created the internets we now know today.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
    Haii.

It seems that the internet may not be as we know it and that many, if not all, of the ISPs in the world are conspiring to destroy net neutrality.

Now you may ask what net neutrality is because last I checked 99.99% of you are complete morons. Anyways that aside, net neutrality is what makes the internet the internet. That's what makes it different from TV. You have the FREEDOM and the RIGHT to choose what sites you access and the ISP won't do anything about it because they remain neutral and sit back. Now what if you had this right taken away from you? Than what would you do? Who knows.

Why would they do this, you ask? So that they can make more money of course, all they ever care about is money. The customers will have no choice if everyone conspiricizes together in this scheme. Contracts have been signed, deals have been struck and the internet will be just like TV in a few years. No more freedom, no more right to choose where you go, that will all be gone in a few years. ISP's will garner more money by making certain sites like your "Basic" cable package and you will be charged extra for other sites. This will probably destroy a lot of the sites on the internet and ruin the whole thing.

Most likely you haven't heard about this yet, and who knows why but it hasn't been noted to many, many people. This message should be spread so that everyone realizes what the heck is going on to YOUR internet. In a matter of years many sites will die, maybe even this one. Having politicians in on this would definitely bring awareness to this issue.

Thoughts, comments, debates, etc.

Baii.
    I better be part of that hundredth of a percent that isn't stupid or you know where your ass is going.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    My pastor says that Net Nuetrality was made by Satan and all good Christians should support the Big God Fearing Corporations that want to purge Satan from our internet.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    nice thx ..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Well I'll laugh when this actually happens, but maybe not on MPGH because it might get killed off =/.