Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Dream Build Play Competition - who's in?

So...

This is a team competition that I thought would be great to have everyone participate. Basically you construct a game in one of MS's managed language using XNA (it's the only way to get them on the Xbox, and come on guys, managed languages aren't bad at all. We're not building a commercial engine or anything.)

Okay, I know what you're thinking; and I have a solution:

Some obstacles:
    - You guys can't fuck it up. That means, you can't act the way you do here during the competition
    - We need a team leader (That isn't me btw. I'm just supplying you legal access to the engine I've been working on.) I know a lot of you don't trust me. The role of the leader will be discussed later.
    - We're limmited to 5 'official' team members. I'm not exactly sure how the system works, I can provide more information in the coming week.
    - Some programmers, artists & musicians (or legal rights to such material)
    - Team leader must remain dedicated & active.

Roles:

Team Leader:
    • Manages all the legal stuff. Getting members to sign contracts and such.
    • Collaberate with team members - you get the point.
    • Has to be someone trusted, they have the ability to demolish the entire project.
    I'm not spending all day on this. Programmers must be familiar with OOP, concept of abstract classes, interfaces, seals, factories, singletons, etc.. You accepted if you know any of the .Net languages(except Basic, nawz, just joking), Java, C\C++ (preferably managed though. I'd prefer you be familiar with the .Net framework.)

It's a simple proposition, and It doesn't mean it's going to happen; just curious of what you think of it.

The engine does all graphics and such in 3D but has implemented a 2D physics engine and animation system. It still needs a bit of work though.

Don't post application, etc. Like I said, it may not happen.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    What type of game exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Viibez View Post
    MPGH = Brainwash! Dave why you started this [MPGH]?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Simple answer, mindfuck, I wanted to create a new breed of super assholes. This breed of super assholes will soon take over the world and do my bidding. We will infect all levels of society and spread pain and injustice. Now that you know my plan, project Blackwar is in full commencement. I shall release Darkwar as well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Side-scroller probably, that was my orignal plan anyway. Me and dave thought it up a while ago but we never really got down to work on it. My ideas a bit different though.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Imma pas,sorry
    But seems very intresting actually

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I'm a child of the 80's. Side-scrollers <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Viibez View Post
    MPGH = Brainwash! Dave why you started this [MPGH]?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Simple answer, mindfuck, I wanted to create a new breed of super assholes. This breed of super assholes will soon take over the world and do my bidding. We will infect all levels of society and spread pain and injustice. Now that you know my plan, project Blackwar is in full commencement. I shall release Darkwar as well.