Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

[Question]Programming Language For A.I

Hi,

I have done some research on A.I and want to do a project. My question is:
    Which language will be best suited for developing A.I ? I know C++ and Python. But I don't think they are well suited for A.I development. If anyone knows or has worked on A.I, please let me know about the most suitable environment.

Thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    What type of A.I , Video Game AI and logic, or communication and interpretation AI

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (03-02-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    C++ is suited for all types of AI, Python is great for pathfinding or linking words together etc.
    Speech recognition might be easier in C# or VB.net because there are probably easy to use frameworks out there.

The programming language doesn't really matter for AI
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hell_Demon For This Useful Post:

Hassan (03-02-2011),NextGen1 (03-02-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Programming language doesn't really matter. I would personally suggest C++ as it executes much faster than other languages. The thing you should care about is your logic of how it learns / w.e you are doing. As HD said, VB.NET / C# for Speech Recognition. GL.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hassan For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (03-02-2011),NextGen1 (03-02-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I've heard Lisp used to be the premier language for AI, but then again that was like 30 years ago, which is several lifetimes in computers. I'd have to agree with NextGen it ultimately depends on what kinda AI your building, what kind of architecture your building on, etc. Make sure to incorporated parrellization if your working on a multi-core system. AI really benefits from that.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

Hassan (03-02-2011),Hell_Demon (03-02-2011),NextGen1 (03-02-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I say it does, soley for ease of use, like HD said, if you are looking for a intellectual AI with speech recognition, then I know form experience Vb.net / C# is great, their SDK is killer IMO, and it is so easy to develop a large enough database of communications and responses, obvs the learning curve would be a challenge, but with some hard work it is possible, IE: I always say AI should start off like an infant, basic understanding, and a infinite number of possibilities, like learning words and their meanings, training the AI with constant communication, and when it doesn't understand something, you teach it, again, because AI technology in general is still somewhat limited , the AI will still be Faux, but getting there.

Now if it's gaming AI, path finding, basic AI logic, then C++ has numerous great SDK's, and so does (what used to be my favorite) Real Basic

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

Hassan (03-02-2011),Hell_Demon (03-02-2011)