Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

[Rules][Guidelines][Complaints]

Complaints:

Recently , Spending more time outside of this section, I have been coming across a lot of development threads, in a continuous attempt to build this section I have suggested that these members create a thread in the respective programming section & request help.

Here are some of the responses.

C++ help in Programming Section takes too long for answers
    NextGen1 I went there looking for help and all i got was abuse
    & a few others, similar to the second one.

No one can force you to help anyone, but if your not going to help, then there is no reason to put somebody down & abuse them, not everyone is @ "Your Level" , that's why they need help in the first place.

So please, if you want to build the section then do not reply if you are just going to flame someone.

Originally Posted by Lolland:

1. Keep it somewhat Programming related.
    -Things like programming jokes, videos, and off-topic programming articles should be put here.
    -Things like "I did ____ today" should be kept to the General section. Some may be allowed if they are programming related.

2. Stay clean.
    -Flaming, trolling, and raging should be left out of this section.
    -Excessive flaming/trolling/raging = ban. Stay outta trouble, kids!

3. Use tags!
    -Show your viewers what you're posting! Use tags like [Video], [Joke], [Article], and [Discussion]!

4. Keep away from code.
    -Code should be left to their respective forums, this is more of a discussion forum.

5. Be nice!
    -Be a nice member, and have fun with the section!

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

-Away Alt (03-21-2011),ghostdrum (06-26-2012),Void (03-10-2011),whit (03-10-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Uhh.. I help when I can, if I can't, I don't post. Unless of course a post in the thread is obviously directed at me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Void For This Useful Post:

NextGen1 (03-10-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Uhh.. I help when I can, if I can't, I don't post. Unless of course a post in the thread is obviously directed at me.
    Not accusing anyone, I don't have all the facts, and I know who helps

There are a few very helpful, but when those few are not around, the others come out .

Thanks
    All i do's is try to halp 24/7

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whit For This Useful Post:

Jason (03-10-2011),NextGen1 (03-10-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    More for those who don't and post flames and get upset, as if they shouldn't ask for help.

If I wanted, I would search for posts, there are plenty on the first page, Can't force anyone, but for those who care about the programming section, report those who do, and try and make it right.

It's not just best for me alone, but for those who want a active section.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post

Not accusing anyone, I don't have all the facts, and I know who helps

There are a few very helpful, but when those few are not around, the others come out .
    When I help, I tend to help out a lot. When I get upset I tend to completely rip people apart. It's true. Vast majority of the posts I just ignore because they don't interest me.

One of the reasons I gave up staff position is because I felt I was inexperienced, and constantly helping people while not having enough time to learn myself. I suppose I could get a little more involved while still learning new things, I haven't been much help lately.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Huh ?

The ones who reported should be ashamed. Most of the members in programming section help all the time. When we tell them to learn first or stuff like that, they report us for abusing and similar shit.

Seriously, no offense but there is no point in this thread.
    Just check C++ section. Almost every thread is solved.

I am disappointed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Like i said, I don't have all the facts, just keep it in mind is all.
    We want to build a section, best we can do is help, those who do, awesome, those who don't want to, don't , those who flame or abuse, don't post (IMO)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

Void (03-10-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    It used to be like that(in the good old days), but we're helping out in nearly every topic that gets created here, and usually within a day o_O

Think the old days left a bad impression for some members :P They should visit us again to see how much we've improved in here =)
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    I help whenever i see that the guy either did some job and I know about it / have time.

Now when someone comes into the section, posts 100 lines of random/leeched code and tell us: "how to do this?" when he did nothing. God.. no.. I'm not going to help him.
    Fine, maybe i shouldn't "flame" them, but maybe they also should stop stealing others work and start learning by themselves.
    This mainly when they claim they did it.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, maybe they should cry less, maybe I'm just a fag. I live fine with it.
    But fine, i have no problem helping others who actually try. And i support them whenever i can.
    Last edited by 'Bruno; 03-11-2011 at 03:06 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 'Bruno For This Useful Post:

-Away Alt (03-21-2011),Hell_Demon (03-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
    It used to be like that(in the good old days), but we're helping out in nearly every topic that gets created here, and usually within a day o_O

Think the old days left a bad impression for some members :P They should visit us again to see how much we've improved in here =)
    Ahhh... a miss the old days. Dem were good times.... dem wer guud times...

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

Hell_Demon (03-12-2011),NextGen1 (03-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post

Ahhh... a miss the old days. Dem were good times.... dem wer guud times...
    When I wasn't around. ):