Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Norton 360 AV....Crap or ok?

Alright so, I had Avira AV on my computer and then my father, being the dumb ass he is, thinks he knows it all about computers because he took a computer class for 2 weeks. (He learned how to type in the class, nothing else) So, he got rid of my Avira, which was kept out 100+ viruses that my nephew tried to download. (He thought they were games, turns out they were backdoor trojans) Now we have Norton 360, I honestly don't like it but I want to see what you guys think of it. I hate Norton because we've had it before and have had tons of viruses uploaded onto this computer by people I live with. All from either games or fake music or fake movies.
    So, what do you guys think of Norton 360? I honestly don't prefer store brand named AVs because they usually end up being the most popular for hackers to crack. What's so good about this version of Norton that's supposedly made it the "#1 AntiVirus in America!". (I'm quoting my father)

Now, I'm not sure if this is the correct section or not, I've looked everywhere and couldn't find any threads about this so I posted it here, sorry if it's the wrong place.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Well, I have Norton... It protects your computer alright, but I reckon it protects your computer too much, you can't even run PerX Injector without Norton self removing it.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/signaturepics/sigpic763253_2.gif
    ADD ME ON MSN: MPGH_Fags@hotmail.com
    The 12 Year Old...
    Yes, I'm 12... Fight me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I recommend Avast. It's free, just like many other but it's not as annoying as Norton, and it actually gets rid of the virus not just let it sit in a separate file. Also you need Mozilla Firefox, or another browser. If you are stuck on IE still get something else, it's not as safe with the downloads.
    Avast also has a mode called "gaming mode" (or something like that). What it does is stops the program from displaying messages and annoying sounds, that usually come with anti-virus software.

Need any other help just reply!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Sure Norton isn't good, ESET

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    I'm honestly sick of Norton. I download 1 WoW private server launcher and BOOM *Norton has detected a trojan on your computer, we've deleted it because the sticks are stuck too far up our own asses to realize it's not an actual threat.* I had to literally shut off Norton. I'm glad I have Firefox + VirusTotal addon. I always check the website and the stuff I download before I download it. Even if there is something wrong with the program, and someone put a keylogger on it, VirusTotal scans it before putting it on my computer and lets me know if it's safe. Freaking <3 that addon.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Glib View Post
    I'm honestly sick of Norton. I download 1 WoW private server launcher and BOOM *Norton has detected a trojan on your computer, we've deleted it because the sticks are stuck too far up our own asses to realize it's not an actual threat.* I had to literally shut off Norton. I'm glad I have Firefox + VirusTotal addon. I always check the website and the stuff I download before I download it. Even if there is something wrong with the program, and someone put a keylogger on it, VirusTotal scans it before putting it on my computer and lets me know if it's safe. Freaking <3 that addon.
    Haha yeah lols all hacks are viruses to Norton, I hate it.. I have to turn mine off.
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/signaturepics/sigpic763253_2.gif
    ADD ME ON MSN: MPGH_Fags@hotmail.com
    The 12 Year Old...
    Yes, I'm 12... Fight me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Norton is like green poop, AVG is brown poop, And Avast is the Toilet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    I use Norton 2011. I suggest using Avast though due to the fact it turns off when you turn it off. When you turn Norton off it still runs in the background & blocks things like PerX. Avast won't block it if it's off. So getting Avast is the way to go.
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Just grab MS SE - it's free and just epic

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Well, the one im using is Avast Pro.
    U can get it free from a torrent

Thanks
    I told my dad that hackers can easily break through the defense barriers of Norton. I told them that hackers use the one I was using and he was all "Well that means they know how to get through that too!"...sometimes I'm ashamed he's my father. (correction, MOST OF THE TIME I am)
    I tried to save him over $100 on a stupid AV that doesn't even work. It can't detect the simplest and yet complex of hacks but it can detect a game that looks like a hack to it...I've had Norton turned off for about 3 weeks now and my computer runs a lot faster with it off. Every 5 minutes you get a pop up saying to upgrade or to search or scan or set something up. I wish I was a kid again so I could do the sad face and make people believe me haha.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    don't use any anti virus that runs the best lol!just don't be dumb n kno what ur downloading and using!but if u do use one i would have to recommend avast if ur gaming with an av program running its the nicest on the cpu out of every av Ive tried and that's pretty much every1 on the market lol!

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I have Microsoft Security Essentials. It doesn't slow down my computer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    awesome, i didnt know they had a section for this xD but norton is baaaad dont use it, firefox addons better
    LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD ITS A PLANE.
    ITS AIRMAN BITCH AND IM BRINGING THE PAIN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    ehh i use norton 360 thats good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast