Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    wow theres ppl that just complain bout everything come on not even animals do that...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Ok, I dont play with americans cause all they do is bitch and whine. I'm Australian, love the game and play it, I mainly play by myself but sometimes with other Australians. I dont play with americans because not only does it lag me out but it lags them out and just ruins it for everyone so why the fuck would any non american play with americans its a dumb idea. Cry me a river then build a bridge and get over it, Stop complaining, host your own boats, join a guild.

Good job on the tutorial and stuff. Thanks

Thanks
    For the record, I've only used the console hack to make an extra character when I had everything maxed and was bored. I don't use it anymore. I've been sorely tempted to, what with the boring farming/grinding and everyone else hacking their asses off.

I'm forced to use a proxy to play Vindictus with my international friends. I have no choice. I didn't ask to be born here. I'm not harming anyone by playing and I spent some money on the game too, so it's ridiculous that I shouldn't be allowed to play alongside my friends. I don't believe whatever bullshit reason Nexon gives for the lockout. They lie out of their asses constantly.

FACT: International players don't lag Americans/Canadians unless they host. Same goes for the other way around. I host my friends in Mexico and America and they don't complain about lag, and that's with some of us going through proxies. Doesn't matter where you ****** only selfish/ignorant people host when they know they have a bad connection. I've partied with lots of random North America/Canadian players. Sometimes they will bitch about my low connection bars, but when we're in-game and I'm the doing the most damage, keeping everyone up with heals or dying the least, they shut up and accept the factual truth.

However, I disagree with posting tutorials because proxies seem more scarce and the ones that work seem to die very quickly now. It seems like there's been a huge influx of proxy users, including Vietnamese/Brazilians/Filipinos/etc running around shouting in their native languages like they're begging to be banned. Lots of tutorials floating around makes it too easy for them to ruin it for everyone else, but I have to be fair about it, since I'm using proxies as well.

I feel terrible everytime I see someone download the client and realise they can't play because the region-lock notices are all hidden deep within the site. Nexon are a bunch of assholes. I don't want to give them a single cent more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by devase View Post
    Ok, I dont play with americans cause all they do is bitch and whine. I'm Australian, love the game and play it, I mainly play by myself but sometimes with other Australians. I dont play with americans because not only does it lag me out but it lags them out and just ruins it for everyone so why the fuck would any non american play with americans its a dumb idea. Cry me a river then build a bridge and get over it, Stop complaining, host your own boats, join a guild.

Good job on the tutorial and stuff. Thanks
    thanks man
    did u unticked the proxy setting afther ur in game?
    that helps not to lagg
    im in mexico and i host boats and noone complains bout anything so depends on ur connection speed, and wireless aint that good xD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roberthunder View Post
    wait wait
    so its ok to hack ,but when it comes to using proxy to play you freak out?
    Pretty much. Not because it's wrong, but because it lags everyone up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nexonfails99 View Post
    However, I disagree with posting tutorials because proxies seem more scarce and the ones that work seem to die very quickly now. It seems like there's been a huge influx of proxy users, including Vietnamese/Brazilians/Filipinos/etc running around shouting in their native languages like they're begging to be banned. Lots of tutorials floating around makes it too easy for them to ruin it for everyone else, but I have to be fair about it, since I'm using proxies as well.
    Proxies have been around for a long, long time. Free, open proxies (the kind you're no doubt using) have been subject to the sort of flux you see for just as long as they have existed. They might be becoming somewhat more scarce, but it isn't because of Vindictus users. It's because they're used for all sorts of nefarious activities as well. Vindictus isn't even a drop in the ocean of internetwork activity so don't kid yourself that tutorials on connecting to Vindi via proxy has any significant impact on worldwide public network activity.

Edit: However, you can probably find a for-profit proxy service to fit your needs. It'll cost you some sort of subscription but it's probably a better experience than unreliable free proxies.
    Last edited by UlRRvtk7; 03-20-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pactolus View Post
    Pretty much. Not because it's wrong, but because it lags everyone up.
    lol u complain cuz someone makes u lagg and the easy way is to blame players using proxies??
    and its not like in every single boat theres gonan be a proxy user so common just let ppl enjoy their time playing Vin

Thanks
    Its true that joining a US host does not lag the whole party, since the host is providing the connection. The only one lagging should be the proxying player. If the party is lagging, its the host's connection.
    Nice guide
    This used to worked with all Nexon games, right until they started blocking it. First they blocked it from CA, then Mabinogi, and also MS was having some errors when proxifier was running. Not long now b4 it catches up with vindictus.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Great. I don't have a problem with foreigners joining my party and lagging themselves, or hosting a boat for that matter, but come on people who have enough morals not to host a boat or raid have probably figured a way out and now having fun enjoying the game. The idiots who are now going to host boats, is what pisses me off.
    This is just like the hacking, there are always the smart people who figure the stuff out, and then there are the idiots who go and get banned once stuff is public.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    This is just like the hacking, there are always the smart people who figure the stuff out, and then there are the idiots who go and get banned once stuff is public.
    Hacking is an entirely different subject. Hacking directly impacts 'legitimate' players by unbalancing the ingame economy, and unbalancing the general gameplay with no method of recourse for the mensch. This damages the game and, if it starts to impact player retention, Nexon's bottom line.

Laggy players (and don't think it's just people on other continents, there are as probably more locals with bad connections than internationals) can cause problems either by hosting laggy boats or not pulling their weight due to personal lag, but it's easy enough to avoid them by looking at the connection meter on the boat. This does not damage the game, nor Nexon's bottom line.

Someone has a bad connection? Kick them. Host has a bad connection? Go elsewhere. Don't like it in general? Stop wasting time complaining and invent quantum networking, or just get off the internet. There doesn't seem to be anything more to add to the discussion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by UlRRvtk7 View Post
    Hacking is an entirely different subject. Hacking directly impacts 'legitimate' players by unbalancing the ingame economy, and unbalancing the general gameplay with no method of recourse for the mensch. This damages the game and, if it starts to impact player retention, Nexon's bottom line.

Laggy players (and don't think it's just people on other continents, there are as probably more locals with bad connections than internationals) can cause problems either by hosting laggy boats or not pulling their weight due to personal lag, but it's easy enough to avoid them by looking at the connection meter on the boat. This does not damage the game, nor Nexon's bottom line.

Someone has a bad connection? Kick them. Host has a bad connection? Go elsewhere. Don't like it in general? Stop wasting time complaining and invent quantum networking, or just get off the internet. There doesn't seem to be anything more to add to the discussion.
    BEUTIFUL, bloody beutiful mate! exactly right.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Very good info but the video is old. Those CS items are WAY old xD
    I agree on the sticky but only for a little while =)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    I can't find a working proxy -.-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12