Thread: How to get Perl

Thanks

How to get Perl

This isn't the tutorial on brute forcing/dictionary attacks that I promised, but that is coming.

Anyone who codes out there, especially exploits and config tools usually uses C. This is because in the UNIX world, where the geeks find the sploits, C is the commonly accepted language. There is another, though, rarely used that is also very good for exploits and testing.

NOTE -- I do not at all encourage attacking websites! Some people might, but I want to avoid it, because after all you get more respect for finding an sploit and publishing it then for finding a sploit and keeping it to yourself/distributing binaries. This seperation often determines your standing in the white hat community (if you really care; if you don't, then have lots of fun with them spoofed IPs/paid shell accounts/anon proxies etc etc).

Anyways Perl is a great tool to have, because it is a scripting language. So your source goes with your proggie and the credit goes to you. Then again, there is a perl2exe compiler which converts your scripts to binaries which you can distribute with your intellectual property sealed inside.

To get Perl, google ActivePerl, for the Windows users; NIX/BSD users should already have Perl installed (type "perl" in the shell).

To get perl2exe, google it, but its a paid program. You get a trial which pretty much sticks an annoying 2 second ad at the end which you can just ignore .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    The common terminology from distinguishing a good and bad hacker, is a White Hat Hacker (Positive Hacking) and Black Hat Hacker (Negative Hacking).

This article is pretty good, you should just point them at a solid free program for compiling perl scripts.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Unfortunatly, this is about as solid and easy as you can get, free.

Unless you want to use C, uncompiled Perl is really your best option because it offers awesome low and high level support.

perl2exe is not free, but it comes pretty close, and I hear when Perl 6 comes out that they will include a compiler.

I -do- think that Perl has a backend C translator included with it, but till now I have neither found it nor gotten it to work.

By the way, Perl is build for handling strings and all that good stuff, and its built in regular expression evaluator is hard to beat (with a regexp you can analyze any string).

Pretty good for writing tools like packet crafting exploits and password guessers. They aren't too hard, I will show you guys soon (or you can find em on google).