Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

:/ its not just research, its lack of proof.

Only reason creationist have any argument is because evo's can't factually prove anything.

They can only speculate and guess.

Which is why until factual proof is there, just like any scientific theory, it will have an argument against it.
    --------------------------
    Evolution, and humans came from apes are different.
    ---------------------------
    But the problem is both the creationist and evolutionist try to use this "we didn't or we did" argument when its not valid.
    Empire there is factual proof..

It is a fact that major life forms now on earth were not at all represented in the past..
    There used to be dinosaurs and Pithecanthropus, and there are none now. It is a fact that all living forms come from previous living forms. Therefore, all present forms of life arose from ancestral forms that were different. Birds arose from nonbirds and humans from nonhumans. No person who pretends to have any understanding of the natural world can deny these facts any more than you or I can deny that the earth is round, rotates on its axis, and revolves around the sun.

Modern biology affirms the relation between species of living things and of their gradual divergence from one another over the course of time. There are however, certain aspects of evolution that have yet to be proven with 100% efficiency, but the circumstantial evidence really can't be ignored..
    When we say a thing is a fact, then, we only mean that its probability is an extremely high one: so high that we are not bothered by doubt about it and are ready to act accordingly. Obviously this doesn't apply to things humans created, like Math. There is 100% fact with this because we created it therefore we have the answer.

Thanks
    BUT GOD CREATED THE UNIVERSE IN A SCIENTIFIC FASHION

okay now neither side wins.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by JkingOffer View Post
    BUT GOD CREATED THE UNIVERSE IN A SCIENTIFIC FASHION

okay now neither side wins.
    We don't know. All we know is that those who claim that "The evolution is right!!!" are probably (most likely) idiots who don't understand the theories behind them, yet has to find the side that sounds most "Intelligent"..

As creationism is bound to "Stupidity" because we believe in something we can't prove. Obviously no one can prove how we where created...No one!

It's like if i said, we were not evolved nor created. We were put on this planet by Aliens. "proof" you ask for? well, look at the craters in Mexico, it MUST have been a spaceship which crashed upon landing, and somehow had carried us humans to this planet without killing us.

Just as stupid as my "theory" is, is everyone else's.
    We most likely never will be able to concretely say "WE KNOW NOW. IT WAS....!!!!" Because, as mentioned: those theories that goes: "Well, we were here and then we....Because this and this does this and that" are completely based on believes, and not truth.

They call it "science" which in my opinion is just like when kids who wanna feel smarter, purchase fake glasses, or when people choose to call themselves "atheists".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDUDE View Post
    We don't know. All we know is that those who claim that "The evolution is right!!!" are probably (most likely) idiots who don't understand the theories behind them, yet has to find the side that sounds most "Intelligent"..

As creationism is bound to "Stupidity" because we believe in something we can't prove. Obviously no one can prove how we where created...No one!

It's like if i said, we were not evolved nor created. We were put on this planet by Aliens. "proof" you ask for? well, look at the craters in Mexico, it MUST have been a spaceship which crashed upon landing, and somehow had carried us humans to this planet without killing us.

Just as stupid as my "theory" is, is everyone else's.
    We most likely never will be able to concretely say "WE KNOW NOW. IT WAS....!!!!" Because, as mentioned: those theories that goes: "Well, we were here and then we....Because this and this does this and that" are completely based on believes, and not truth.

They call it "science" which in my opinion is just like when kids who wanna feel smarter, purchase fake glasses, or when people choose to call themselves "atheists".
    Even if that were true, there are a lot more findings which are indicative of the theories of evolution and the big bang theory than there are of say, the 7 days of creation. Even when theories are based off belief, some have greater pinches of salt than others.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Empire there is factual proof..

It is a fact that major life forms now on earth were not at all represented in the past..
    There used to be dinosaurs and Pithecanthropus, and there are none now. It is a fact that all living forms come from previous living forms. Therefore, all present forms of life arose from ancestral forms that were different. Birds arose from nonbirds and humans from nonhumans. No person who pretends to have any understanding of the natural world can deny these facts any more than you or I can deny that the earth is round, rotates on its axis, and revolves around the sun.

Modern biology affirms the relation between species of living things and of their gradual divergence from one another over the course of time. There are however, certain aspects of evolution that have yet to be proven with 100% efficiency, but the circumstantial evidence really can't be ignored..
    When we say a thing is a fact, then, we only mean that its probability is an extremely high one: so high that we are not bothered by doubt about it and are ready to act accordingly. Obviously this doesn't apply to things humans created, like Math. There is 100% fact with this because we created it therefore we have the answer.
    :/ eth, thats kinda my point.

If you can't tell me what came before, then i won't bother with it.

Saying humans came from non-humans is nice and all, but if no one has any 100% proof, and similarities are what we are guessing on, I don't see a reason to care.(ME)

Now its all very interesting and such, but it really has no impact on my life. I don't believe the 7 days creation thing anyway, so all evolutionist really do is provide me with trivial information and educated guesses.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Saying humans came from non-humans is nice and all, but if no one has any 100% proof, and similarities are what we are guessing on, I don't see a reason to care.(ME)

Are you fucking shitting me?
    Human evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Human Evolution by The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paroxysm For This Useful Post:

BackInAction (05-22-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    +1 You just owned his life lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I'm a proud Atheist.

Ottawa, Canada. (That's right. You know it)
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by zujca View Post
    I'm a proud Atheist.
    [IMG]https://www******waytoloseweightfast*********/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/cool-story-bro.jpeg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ Still guessing on shit bro. There isn't even dna shit on the fossils lulz, fun shit.

I always find people's denial of Jesus existing 2000 years ago funny, when people just just accept human evolution by connecting fossils lulz. But hey, if you wanna do that its all fine with me, i just find it funny in time.
    Last edited by Empire; 05-22-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

:/ Still guessing on shit bro. There isn't even dna shit on the fossils lulz, fun shit.

I always find people's denial of Jesus existing 2000 years ago funny, when people just just accept human evolution by connecting fossils lulz. But hey, if you wanna do that its all fine with me, i just find it funny in time.

"We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I'm usually a lurker, but I felt compelled to respond to this thread because there's enough stupidity in here to make a scientologist blush.

Evolutionary biology as we understand it at our present day has been proven to be true and we depend on it working in the field of medicine. At this point, all we're doing is underlining the facts for everyone else. It is indeed your prerogative if you'd like to deny that evolution is true, but unlike religious belief, wishful thinking doesn't make it so. The debate has been over for a very long time now, and religious apologists seem to have missed the memo.

Contrary to popular belief here, we do not require the fossil record at all to see evolution at work. It's a nice bonus, sure, but it is far from essential to the theory of evolution. If you had actually studied it instead of reading a few excerpts off of 'Answers in Genesis', you would know that.

(By the way, 'theory' is not what you think it means. I have a feeling people here are equating a 'scientific theory' to a bunch of scientists and a large bag of weed pulling an all-nighter while spouting ideas off the top of their head. No, a theory in the scientific sense is when an idea has acquired enough critically robust evidence and has been put through numerous, rigorous tests by various scientists which have consistently delivered the same results time and time again. This process takes years, even decades, before it is even considered for peer review so that it may be used as a standard by everyone else.)

In these debates, it is hardly ever 'evolution' vs. 'creationism', and this one is no different. It's more like 'people who have no idea how evolution works' vs. 'people teaching everyone else how evolution works'. If you're so bent on your position that evolution is false, then study how it works. Open up a book on evolutionary biology and understand the intricacies of this theory. And I mean a real biology book, not some creationist wet dream of what they believe evolution to be. Until you do that, you are not fit to participate in a debate in which the subject is a concept you do not understand.

I personally understand creationism and all that it entails. I was raised in an Evangelical Christian home (Atheist now) and attended Sunday school and church without fail for most of my life. I have been on both sides of this debate, so I know how this works. To the religious here– if the simple act of understanding how evolutionary biology works is enough to shake your faith, then your faith wasn't all that great to begin with.
    Last edited by Trophy Wife; 05-23-2011 at 05:18 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy Wife For This Useful Post:

BackInAction (05-30-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post

Hey, i don't really need to give a shit about evolution.

Doesn't effect me, and won't ever effect me.

Might as well learn about the rocks on Mars, chances are that will have a bigger impact on my life.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314