Thanks

Post How to rid yourself of most common viruses.

Alrighty i'm not going to put too much effort into this, but it SHOULD be noob proof. Plus i have horrible grammar.

Alrighty for those who are looking for a quick fix.
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Download that and install it. Then hit the update tab and update it then just run a full scan.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

For more experienced people, Hit start menu and then type "msconfig" without quotes (for xp start menu>Run>msconfig).

Then go to the Start-up tab and remove anything you don't know (google comes in handy here) and then hit apply (DO NOT RESTART YET!!)

Now go to Start menu>Regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT >WINDOWS> CURRENTVERSION>POLICIES>EXPLORER>RUN
    should be a couple things in there not many though here is what i have

<windows 7>
    forceactivedesktopon
    noactivedesktop
    noactivedesktopchanges
    nodrivetypeautorun

those are the things i have in that folder.

Also to see if the virus has hidden itself from msconfig do this
    Now go to
    StartMenu>Regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>MICR OSOFT>WINDOWS> CURRENTVERSION>RUN

then restart :P

and after that Re-scan with whatever A.V you have and change your passwords.

And if you dont trust a program (.exe) Just run it in Sandboxie.
    You can google it yourself. It's free.

EDIT: Ccleaner is good for getting rid of junk files.
    Last edited by GeneralBigFoot; 03-23-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: got showed up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Malwarebytes is far from a good AV, removing services you don't know is a very bad idea, Sandboxie is nothing like a VM and is not related to VMware.

Thanks
    thats why i said it's for a more experienced user who knows that they only need important shit in start-up and Malwarebytes is a great virus detector. ALSO my post says re-scan with WHATEVER A.V you have Malwarebytes isn't an A.V (even though registered users have a protection modules on it like me. and sandboxie when you run an .exe in it it shows everything it opens plus it requires confirmation of everything it does so to make folders to making files it asks if you want it, it's just a safe enviroment to test programs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralBigFoot View Post
    thats why i said it's for a more experienced user who knows that they only need important shit in start-up and Malwarebytes is a great virus detector. ALSO my post says re-scan with WHATEVER A.V you have Malwarebytes isn't an A.V (even though registered users have a protection modules on it like me. and sandboxie when you run an .exe in it it shows everything it opens plus it requires confirmation of everything it does so to make folders to making files it asks if you want it, it's just a safe enviroment to test programs.
    "noob proof" doesn't sound "for a more experienced user" and "Malwarebytes isn't an A.V" is pretty much the same thing as saying "Ubuntu isn't linux".

Not to mention that Sandboxie is far from safe ... there are viruses that can escape the sandbox quite easily

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    With normal Infections/Virusses I just Scan with ESET Smart Security 4. If needed with SpyBot S&D aswell.

When your PC is really screwed up, use ComboFix

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood