Poll: PC or console

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful

PC or console gameplay?

I'm having an argument with the kid in my class.
    So which is better?

Thanks
    For what kind of game?

PC is vastly superior when it comes to shooters, and hardware.

Console is more of a friend activity, and good for driving/platform games. At the cost of shit graphics and a bad online community. So long as you play with friends in the same room its enjoyable.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    For what kind of game?

PC is vastly superior when it comes to shooters, and hardware.

Console is more of a friend activity, and good for driving/platform games. At the cost of shit graphics and a bad online community. So long as you play with friends in the same room its enjoyable.
    Well nowadays, the majority of players plays FPS.

Thanks
    So than PC. The control system is much better, and the skill ceiling tends to be much higher. This is excluding recent CoD games, as they are just console ports anyways. Plus a higher level of customization, and usually games come with some form of mod tools for custom content. (Again, excluding recent CoDs)
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    So than PC. The control system is much better, and the skill ceiling tends to be much higher. This is excluding recent CoD games, as they are just console ports anyways. Plus a higher level of customization, and usually games come with some form of mod tools for custom content. (Again, excluding recent CoDs)
    Yay, now I got a better argument.
    And in my opinion, PC is way, better.
    More versatility and easier to control.
    I'm going to wait until there's many votes and then show it off.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    im gonna go with both. i play both, and i love both, but im going to go with xbox 360 just cause im a die hard fan of it. also because its never let me down, and gotten me thru some tough times.
    [IMG]https://i15.photobucke*****m/albums/a359/FISHFROMLC2/ZenSig2.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by NKVD View Post
    im gonna go with both. i play both, and i love both, but im going to go with xbox 360 just cause im a die hard fan of it. also because its never let me down, and gotten me thru some tough times.
    I should of allowed multiple votes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    console. less hackers, better gameplay, less expensive.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake Boy View Post
    console. less hackers, better gameplay, less expensive.
    Actually when you think about it.
    The television is like 1k when you get good ones.
    And yeah...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Smith View Post

And yeah...
    Well, if you want a good computer, it could be well over 1,000 dollars.

Thanks

Well, if you want a good computer, it could be well over 1,000 dollars.
    Look another console player's misconception.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Smith View Post

And yeah...
    $1300 tv + $400 xbox = $1700 cheaper then a lot of computers =/ (my computer was $2300, expensive but i couldnt make my own im pretty retarded when it comes to that)

but i still love computers lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Look another console player's misconception.
    well i mean $600 dollar computer are ok. not really a misconception. i actually dont play on console that much, i do like the feel of a pc but console gamings experiences are much better.

Thanks

well i mean $600 dollar computer are ok. not really a misconception. i actually dont play on console that much, i do like the feel of a pc but console gamings experiences are much better.
    Because they are two entirely separate worlds of gaming. These debates about which one is better usually winds up boiling down to PC players talking about graphics, and console players complaining about how much they think building a computer is.

PC's are good for shooters, and any game really if you know how to work a keyboard. They have superior graphics, have ready availability to new hardware, and (used to have) a lot more support from developers, and a huge competetive scene. The introduction to console ports has killed off the last two, but PC's still have a big advantage.

Consoles are good for casual gaming. Racing games, platform games, puzzle games, RPG games, stuff that depends less on skill, and more on a community thing. Imo, consoles are tons more fun to sit down and play with your friends in the living room. Even shitty games can become fun when played with some of your friends.

That being said, the current market is being run by microsoft and Activision, with EA actively releasing piles of horrible games, and generally ignoring their player base altogether. inb4battlefeild. This means that games are in a horrible state, and consoles are getting more money, even though the fun factor has been drained form them. Paying $15 for content that was stripped from the game solely to make me pay for it again? No. I have forgotten about games that people are so interested in buying and moved back to playing indie games like I made a game with zombies on XBL with friends.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Because they are two entirely separate worlds of gaming. These debates about which one is better usually winds up boiling down to PC players talking about graphics, and console players complaining about how much they think building a computer is.

PC's are good for shooters, and any game really if you know how to work a keyboard. They have superior graphics, have ready availability to new hardware, and (used to have) a lot more support from developers, and a huge competetive scene. The introduction to console ports has killed off the last two, but PC's still have a big advantage.

Consoles are good for casual gaming. Racing games, platform games, puzzle games, RPG games, stuff that depends less on skill, and more on a community thing. Imo, consoles are tons more fun to sit down and play with your friends in the living room. Even shitty games can become fun when played with some of your friends.

That being said, the current market is being run by microsoft and Activision, with EA actively releasing piles of horrible games, and generally ignoring their player base altogether. inb4battlefeild. This means that games are in a horrible state, and consoles are getting more money, even though the fun factor has been drained form them. Paying $15 for content that was stripped from the game solely to make me pay for it again? No. I have forgotten about games that people are so interested in buying and moved back to playing indie games like I made a game with zombies on XBL with friends.
    its not about the cost of computers, i just prefer the gaming of a console over a computer. im sorry, its just how i feel and while pcs have better gfx (my laptop is a shit ton better then my 360) i just dont like it as much, i still game on both....A LOT. but xbox is better in my opinion.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast