Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin Skywalker View Post
    Use google your uncle
    Ooo, i actually didn't think of that (not sarcasm).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post
    So i got a project. Due tomorrow.

Basically, I have to create a cd playlist that would match with the Lord of the Flies novel. 6 songs, each representing a different chapter. I gotta make a cd booklet too, that has a cover, and each page has lyrics to each song with a picture of the album cover/mixtape cover.

Then there's an essay, every song has a paragraph explaining how the song matches the chapter and give examples through the lyrics.

Here are some chapters that would work well with this:

Chapter 9 summary:

Piggy and Ralph go to the feast with the hopes that they will be able to keep some control over events. At the feast, the boys are laughing and eating the roasted pig. Jack sits like a king on a throne, his face painted like a savage, languidly issuing commands, and waited on by boys acting as his servants. After the large meal, Jack extends an invitation to all of Ralph’s followers to join his tribe. Most of them accept, despite Ralph’s attempts to dissuade them. As it starts to rain, Ralph asks Jack how he plans to weather the storm considering he has not built any shelters. In response, Jack orders his tribe to do its wild hunting dance.

Chanting and dancing in several separate circles along the beach, the boys are caught up in a kind of frenzy. Even Ralph and Piggy, swept away by the excitement, dance on the fringes of the group. The boys again reenact the hunting of the pig and reach a high pitch of frenzied energy as they chant and dance. Suddenly, the boys see a shadowy figure creep out of the forest—it is Simon. In their wild state, however, the boys do not recognize him. Shouting that he is the beast, the boys descend upon Simon and start to tear him apart with their bare hands and teeth. Simon tries desperately to explain what has happened and to remind them of who he is, but he trips and plunges over the rocks onto the beach. The boys fall on him violently and kill him.

The storm explodes over the island. In the whipping rain, the boys run for shelter. Howling wind and waves wash Simon’s mangled corpse into the ocean, where it drifts away, surrounded by glowing fish. At the same time, the wind blows the body of the parachutist off the side of the mountain and onto the beach, sending the boys screaming into the darkness.

Chapter 10 summary:

At the Castle Rock, Jack rules with absolute power. Boys are punished for no apparent reason. Jack ties up and beats a boy named Wilfred and then warns the boys against Ralph and his small group, saying that they are a danger to the tribe. The entire tribe, including Jack, seems to believe that Simon really was the beast, and that the beast is capable of assuming any disguise. Jack states that they must continue to guard against the beast, for it is never truly dead. He says that he and two other hunters, Maurice and Roger, should raid Ralph’s camp to obtain more fire and that they will hunt again tomorrow.

The boys at Ralph’s camp drift off to sleep, depressed and losing interest in the signal fire. Ralph sleeps fitfully, plagued by nightmares. They are awakened by howling and shrieking and are suddenly attacked by a group of Jack’s hunters. The hunters badly beat Ralph and his companions, who do not even know why they were assaulted, for they gladly would have shared the fire with the other boys. But Piggy knows why, for the hunters have stolen his glasses, and with them, the power to make fire.

Chapter 11 summary:

Ralph decides to take the conch shell to the Castle Rock, hoping that it will remind Jack’s followers of his former authority. Once at Jack’s camp, however, Ralph’s group encounters armed guards. Ralph blows the conch shell, but the guards tell them to leave and throw stones at them, aiming to miss. Suddenly, Jack and a group of hunters emerge from the forest, dragging a dead pig. Jack and Ralph immediately face off. Jack commands Ralph to leave his camp, and Ralph demands that Jack return Piggy’s glasses. Jack attacks Ralph, and they fight. Ralph struggles to make Jack understand the importance of the signal fire to any hope the boys might have of ever being rescued, but Jack orders his hunters to capture Sam and Eric and tie them up. This sends Ralph into a fury, and he lunges at Jack.

Ralph and Jack fight for a second time. Piggy cries out shrilly, struggling to make himself heard over the brawl. As Piggy tries to speak, hoping to remind the group of the importance of rules and rescue, Roger shoves a massive rock down the mountainside. Ralph, who hears the rock falling, dives and dodges it. But the boulder strikes Piggy, shatters the conch shell he is holding, and knocks him off the mountainside to his death on the rocks below. Jack throws his spear at Ralph, and the other boys quickly join in. Ralph escapes into the jungle, and Roger and Jack begin to torture Sam and Eric, forcing them to submit to Jack’s authority and join his tribe.

Chapter 12 summary:

That night, Ralph sneaks down to the camp at the Castle Rock and finds Sam and Eric guarding the entrance. The twins give him food but refuse to join him. They tell him that Jack plans to send the entire tribe after him the next day. Ralph hides in a thicket and falls asleep. In the morning, he hears Jack talking and torturing one of the twins to find out where Ralph is hiding. Several boys try to break into the thicket by rolling a boulder, but the thicket is too dense. A group of boys tries to fight their way into the thicket, but Ralph fends them off. Then Ralph smells smoke and realizes that Jack has set the jungle on fire in order to smoke him out. Ralph abandons his hiding place and fights his way past Jack and a group of his hunters. Chased by a group of body-painted warrior-boys wielding sharp wooden spears, Ralph plunges frantically through the undergrowth, looking for a place to hide. At last, he ends up on the beach, where he collapses in exhaustion, his pursuers close behind.

Suddenly, Ralph looks up to see a naval officer standing over him. The officer tells the boy that his ship has come to the island after seeing the blazing fire in the jungle. Jack’s hunters reach the beach and stop in their tracks upon seeing the officer. The officer matter-of-factly assumes the boys are up to, as he puts it, “fun and games.” When he learns what has happened on the island, the officer is reproachful: how could this group of boys, he asks—and English boys at that—have lost all reverence for the rules of civilization in so short a time? For his part, Ralph is overwhelmed by the knowledge that he has been rescued, that he will escape the island after coming so close to a violent death. He begins to sob, as do the other boys. Moved and embarrassed, the naval officer turns his back so that the boys may regain their composure.

Chapter 6 summary (out of order, I know):

When Sam and Eric wake up, they tend to the fire to make the flames brighter. In the flickering firelight, they see the twisted form of the dead parachutist and mistake the shadowy image for the figure of the dreaded beast. They rush back to the camp, wake Ralph, and tell him what they have seen. Ralph immediately calls for a meeting, at which the twins reiterate their claim that a monster assaulted them. The boys, electrified and horrified by the twins’ claims, organize an expedition to search the island for monsters. They set out, armed with wooden spears, and only Piggy and the littluns remain behind.

Ralph allows Jack to lead the search as the group sets out. The boys soon reach a part of the island that none of them has ever explored before—a thin walkway that leads to a hill dotted with small caves. The boys are afraid to go across the walkway and around the ledge of the hill, so Ralph goes to investigate alone. He finds that, although he was frightened when with the other boys, he quickly regains his confidence when he explores on his own. Soon, Jack joins Ralph in the cave.

The group climbs the hill, and Ralph and Jack feel the old bond between them rekindling. The other boys begin to play games, pushing rocks into the sea, and many of them lose sight of the purpose of their expedition. Ralph angrily reminds them that they are looking for the beast and says that they must return to the other mountain so that they can rebuild the signal fire. The other boys, lost in whimsical plans to build a fort and do other things on the new hill, are displeased by Ralph’s commands but grudgingly obey.

Chapter 7 summary:

That afternoon, the hunters find pig droppings, and Jack suggests they hunt the pig while they continue to search for the beast. The boys agree and quickly track a large boar, which leads them on a wild chase. Ralph, who has never been on a hunt before, quickly gets caught up in the exhilaration of the chase. He excitedly flings his spear at the boar, and though it glances off the animal’s snout, Ralph is thrilled with his marksmanship nonetheless. Jack holds up his bloodied arm, which he claims the boar grazed with its tusks.

Although the boar escapes, the boys remain in a frenzy in the aftermath of the hunt. Excited, they reenact the chase among themselves with a boy named Robert playing the boar. They dance, chant, and jab Robert with their spears, eventually losing sight of the fact that they are only playing a game. Beaten and in danger, Robert tries to drag himself away. The group nearly kills Robert before they remember themselves. When Robert suggests that they use a real boar in the game next time, Jack replies that they should use a littlun instead. The boys laugh, delighted and stirred up by Jack’s audacity. Ralph tries to remind everyone that they were only playing a game. Simon volunteers to return to the beach to tell Piggy and the littluns that the group will not return until late that night.

Darkness falls, and Ralph proposes that they wait until morning to climb the mountain because it will be difficult to hunt the monster at night. Jack challenges Ralph to join the hunt, and Ralph finally agrees to go simply to regain his position in the eyes of the group. Ralph, Roger, and Jack start to climb the mountain, and then Ralph and Roger wait somewhere near the top while Jack climbs alone to the summit. He returns, breathlessly claiming to have seen the monster. Ralph and Roger climb up to have a look and see a terrifying specter, a large, shadowy form with the shape of a giant ape, making a strange flapping sound in the wind. Horrified, the boys hurry down the mountain to warn the group.

All I really need help with is the songs and the booklet. If anyone could suggest songs for the chapters, that would be fantastic (remember, the lyrics have to in some way match the chapter as well as the sound), and if someone could help me with the booklet shit, that would be also much appreciated.

Torrenting Microsoft Office 2010, so I can type it without having to worry about losing it, like I did on the online version (piece of shit. had 3 paragraphs done.)

WILL REP N SHIT THOSE WHO HELLPPPPP!

Sparknotes page: Lord of the Flies
    im reading this to

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    HAAAA JOKE!
    there's nothing left for you here.

Thanks
    Holy shit. It's time to throw the guilt trip on somebody? Damn... here I was asking for a little help, and then I get flamed at. Should be expected.
    Because every other day, there is a "Do my homework because its due tomorrow" thread.

Do your work, or dont. You are in 9th fucking grade you should know this by now.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoRaptor View Post
    HAAAA JOKE!
    Nice spam.
    Anyway Searrch google
    So yea GL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    You should of knew what this would have lead to.. it's MPGH.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    Because every other day, there is a "Do my homework because its due tomorrow" thread.

Do your work, or dont. You are in 9th fucking grade you should know this by now.
    Good lawd. Welcome to MPGH. The place where there's shit you don't like, but you can't do shit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    You should of knew what this would have lead to.. it's MPGH.
    I knew it. Shoulda posted it earlier, or checked who was on general section. When people like derp that try to make everyone feel bad about what they post about or have some kind of negative comment on every thing, shit goes bad.
    Last edited by J Miliam; 03-23-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks
    O and I forgot
    Aint there a hw section?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Hoooow Pathetic, I did this. Exactly This Project. I got an A. Id help you but your not worth my time, or MPGH's Time.
    there's nothing left for you here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by EgoRaptor View Post
    Hoooow Pathetic, I did this. Exactly This Project. I got an A. Id help you but your not worth my time, or MPGH's Time.
    That's why you're red.

Thanks
    Good lawd. Welcome to MPGH. The place where there's shit you don't like, but you can't do shit about it.

I knew it. Shoulda posted it earlier, or checked who was on general section. When people like derp that try to make everyone feel bad about what they post about or have some kind of negative comment on every thing, shit goes bad.
    dawwww is your feelings hurt?

Regardless of when you would have posted it, you would get flamed for being a lazy child. Because thats MPGH. There is shit you dont like, and you cant do shit about it.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    dawwww is your feelings hurt?

Regardless of when you would have posted it, you would get flamed for being a lazy child. Because thats MPGH. There is shit you dont like, and you cant do shit about it.
    Actually, I posted a topic about this a few days ago, around 12, and got actual responses

Welcome to life broski.

Thanks
    Actually, I posted a topic about this a few days ago, around 12, and got actual responses

Welcome to life broski.
    If someone else wants to do your work for you, power to them.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    If someone else wants to do your work for you, power to them.
    You act like they're doing the whole project. I asked for related songs to chapters of the book. Did I ask for you to write the essay? Did I ask for you to make a booklet? I asked for HELP while I do all this shit.

Surprise, surprise, there are actually people in the world nice enough to actually help like @123j123

Thanks
    You act like they're doing the whole project. I asked for related songs to chapters of the book. Did I ask for you to write the essay? Did I ask for you to make a booklet? I asked for HELP while I do all this shit.
    You sound kind of mad though? If its so easy do it yourself.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast